Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MeGrimlock420 View Post
    I think something bad happens to wife and kid. In a Bendis Instagram pic, it shows Connor pissed off and YJ is holding him back.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwNadUDnlRI/
    hmm..I'm going to hope that's not the case. No need to go that grim and dark

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    hmm..I'm going to hope that's not the case. No need to go that grim and dark
    I hope not also. I can't think of anything else that would make him that furious.

Quote Originally Posted by MeGrimlock420 View Post
    I hope not also. I can't think of anything else that would make him that furious.
    Honestly, I'm already kinda ticked off with DC after heroes in crisis. I know we literally just found out about Conner's kid, but I' oer taking the joy out of these heroes the way DC has been doing so recently.

Honestly, I'm already kinda ticked off with DC after heroes in crisis. I know we literally just found out about Conner's kid, but I' oer taking the joy out of these heroes the way DC has been doing so recently.
    Plus, in Naomi, Dee's wife/girlfriend gets killed leaving Gemworld. Heroes in Crisis is just a mess.

Well, I dunno if I'm ready to see the family grow this fast (we JUST got Jon a couple years ago and Im barely comfortable with family man Clark!) but if it did happen?

It'd be a great way to explore this stage of Clark's life, which we never saw with Jon. They could do it right this time and actually explore the idea of Superman as a dad dealing with a newborn, which would be nice.

Plus it might help make up for losing ten year old Jon. If fans miss having a little Super around, a daughter might sooth some burn.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    God I wish that was true. Don't get my hopes up like that.
    *not a fan of the super-marriage or family*
    I'm right there with you. I can take Superman being married to Lois, although I wouldn't necessarily say I prefer it.

But that kid. That kid! I would prefer for him to disappear and go away forever.

Someone said that Conner’s wife and kid might be a FTMWHE style fantasy. I think they may be on to something there. We’ll see.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    But that kid. That kid! I would prefer for him to disappear and go away forever.
    Could you elaborate what exactly it is about Jon that seems to legitimately anger you people?

Did he kick your dog or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    God I wish that was true. Don't get my hopes up like that.
    *not a fan of the super-marriage or family*
    And that means DC have to cater to just YOUR wants and desires? Think again.

Why are you type of people so against change and progression? The marriage and child are very popular concepts, the marriage wouldn't have been brought back if it weren't. I just don't get why you won't just get on board with something that's fresh and exciting instead of demanding Clark forever stay encased in amber
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 04-26-2019 at 04:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    And that means DC have to cater to just YOUR wants and desires? Think again.
    Please don't get high and mighty or put words in my mouth - I said what I wanted, what I would prefer to see. However I never said DC should do what I wanted, like somehow I can command them. I'm pretty sure if I bothered to look, I could find multiple posts of yours where you said what you wished for or would prefer, would you have me believe when you made such posts you were arguing that DC should cater to YOUR desires? Probably not. So why put that on me? We can disagree and not accuse one another of anything.

Why are you type of people so against change and progression?
    Why are you type of people so against people preferring one status quo over another? Why are you type of people so against the idea that someone can like a character better a certain way, and be upset when that character is changed to something different? Why are you type of people so against someone else liking something in a different way than you like it?

Why use such a loaded question like that? Whenever you type a question that uses the phrase, "you type of people", maybe consider that there's a nicer way to phrase it.

I'm not a fan of this sort of change to Superman. Never will be. But I'm just as entitled to that as you are entitled to be a fan of those changes, so can we please discuss our different preferences with respect?

The marriage and child are very popular concepts, the marriage wouldn't have been brought back if it weren't. I just don't get why you won't just get on board with something that's fresh and exciting instead of demanding Clark forever stay encased in amber
    Did you get on board with the new52 removing the marriage and family stuff? I think not. And what some people find fresh and exciting others find boring and annoying. I don't assume that what I like or prefer is better than your opinion, please don't assume your opinion is better than mine.

It wouldn't be the first time that DC kind of stepped in with the Rebirth Superman run. I got to meet Tomasi as Baltimore Comic Con two years ago and when I told him that I loved that he put the Kent family in Hamilton and back on a farm (as I missed that part of the character when they killed off his parents with the New 52), he had mentioned that moving him back to Metropolis was DC's decision and not his.

I guess it just comes with the territory sometimes when you're dealing with a company's bigger character.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    It wouldn't be the first time that DC kind of stepped in with the Rebirth Superman run. I got to meet Tomasi as Baltimore Comic Con two years ago and when I told him that I loved that he put the Kent family in Hamilton and back on a farm (as I missed that part of the character when they killed off his parents with the New 52), he had mentioned that moving him back to Metropolis was DC's decision and not his.

I guess it just comes with the territory sometimes when you're dealing with a company's bigger character.
    Well that's certainly interesting, didn't realize just how much was interfered with in his run. I imagine a lot of other writers probably would have left the book with how much DC wanted to change things, but since Tomasi has a editor past he gets over that stuff quickly.

Jurgens had them in and out of Metropolis a lot too though. It may have just been a push to synch them back up post-Reborn.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Jurgens had them in and out of Metropolis a lot too though. It may have just been a push to synch them back up post-Reborn.
    I can see that and understand the idea behind it. They kinda tried to streamline a lot of books post-rebirth.

You can tell near the end that Hamilton was where Tomasi wanted him, though. He ended his run on the book with them in the town, even if they didn't live there anymore.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Could you elaborate what exactly it is about Jon that seems to legitimately anger you people?
    That kid doesn't anger me, but I think he's a horrible idea, and is overall not good for Superman.
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 04-26-2019 at 07:56 PM.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    That kid doesn't anger me, but I think he's a horrible idea, and is overall not good for Superman.
    I'm curious as to why you think this way? Are your objections about aging the character of Superman and his supporting cast, or do you think Superman is more effective without a family to worry about, or something else? I'm not trying to be argumentative I'm genuinely interested.
    Last edited by Celgress; 04-26-2019 at 10:11 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."