Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MeGrimlock420 View Post
    They didn't get kicked off. In early 2018, when the Super Sons of Tomorrow arc was going on, after Imperius Lex arc. It was announced that Bendis was taking over both Superman comics. So, I presume that they couldn't start any new arcs.
    You literally just described how they got kicked off.

Anyway, after what Bendis has done to Jon, and how awful of parents he made Lois and Clark, I don't want him coming close to anymore child characters.

Whelp. Just when I thought nothing could make me sadder than I already was after Heroes in Crisis. I miss Tomasi and Gleason on Superman, so much! There are so many series, that I am enjoying right now, that I would give up just to have them back.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Yeah. They absolutely were kicked off. When Bendis signed his DC exclusive contract, Tomasi and Jurgens were immediately told to scrap their plans for the Super books.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post

Anyway, after what Bendis has done to Jon, and how awful of parents he made Lois and Clark, I don't want him coming close to anymore child characters.
    I shouldn't have said it like that. Dude was saying that the stories went nowhere after a certain point when it was a person who disrupted what was going on.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah. They absolutely were kicked off. When Bendis signed his DC exclusive contract, Tomasi and Jurgens were immediately told to scrap their plans for the Super books.
    And Gleason even put in the comments he'd just finished planning out to issue 100 when he and Tomasi got the boot.

What could (and should) have been...

You know, before Rebirth, if you had told me that I'd care about a Superman title and be legitimately upset when it lost its creative team, I'd have looked at you like you were crazy. But this normal family angle they had going with Clark and Lois...really freakin worked. Like, a lot. It was like DC had their own Incredibles or Fantastic 4 and I just loved reading every page of it.

I would like to see Lois and Clark have a daughter but at the risk of being a Valeria copycat, I want a Superdaughter with no powers but the House El super-intellect. I don’t think Tomasi and Gleason would’ve made it to 100 issues anyway unfortunately, the book was falling pretty heavily in sales towards the end because of all the filler required. A shame too because when Tomasi and Gleason worked together I really loved the book. Bizzaroverse was definitely one of their best arcs and issue 45 was probably the best “finale” to a Superman run we’ve gotten in a long time.

If I was DC I would’ve kept Tomasi & Gleason on the Superman book and given Bendis Action since I’m really loving his Action run with the focus on Metropolis and I was mostly bored with the Jurgens run.

A lot of Superman futures have included a daughter (Lara), and I would have loved to see this play out in real time.

It might potentially require some story manipulations to keep Lois intact from the pregnancy (Red sun pills? A red sun wristwatch?)
    We've had 1000+ issues of Superman and 80 years of stories. I'd like to see the Super Family story move forward a little, for the same reasons that I like having Jon in the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    A lot of Superman futures have included a daughter (Lara), and I would have loved to see this play out in real time.

It might potentially require some story manipulations to keep Lois intact from the pregnancy (Red sun pills? A red sun wristwatch?)
    We've had 1000+ issues of Superman and 80 years of stories. I'd like to see the Super Family story move forward a little, for the same reasons that I like having Jon in the mix.
    Jon didn't develop powers until he was around 8. So there's no need for any of that. Plus, she wouldn't be absorbing yellow sunlight in the womb. Without the yellow sunlight she's a normal baby.

Astonishing Member

Superman getting a daughter would be a good opportunity for Cir El to return. I thought she was interesting until she got erased from existence due to time shenanigans.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I shouldn't have said it like that. Dude was saying that the stories went nowhere after a certain point when it was a person who disrupted what was going on.
    Regardless of the behind the scenes, my point was that there was nothing of note going on in those last few issues of the run besides, for a lack of a better term, filler.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Regardless of the behind the scenes, my point was that there was nothing of note going on in those last few issues of the run besides, for a lack of a better term, filler.
    I do agree, it was a filler.

I would like to see Lara Lane-Kent show up.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I do agree, it was a filler.

I would like to see Lara Lane-Kent show up.
    idk, I feel like with Connor having maratha kent now, Bendis will hold off fon 2 super daughters.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    idk, I feel like with Connor having maratha kent now, Bendis will hold off fon 2 super daughters.
    I think something bad happens to wife and kid. In a Bendis Instagram pic, it shows Connor pissed off and YJ is holding him back.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwNadUDnlRI/

It's kind of interesting to think that both Batman and Superman have been depicted with sons and daughters (Damian/Helena for Batman, Jon and potential future daughters for Superman) although in major canon they usually just keep the biological son.