Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cookies View Post
    I'm not talking about WW, I was talking about all these women Superman need to bang to prove that he's an alpha male. Idk...i don't think kryptonian have this cave man mentality.
    Well, Lois got his attention since 1938.
    Banging lots of women doesn't = Cave man or Alpha male mentality it just means a person likes to bang.
    Considering Clark and his powers does he bang? Relationships don't have to mean Banging. Fans can wish to see fresh/other alternatives explored for Clark that doesn't mean they want to see him banging or that they want his Alpha status explored. That is myopic.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    There are plenty of examples of marriages to high school sweethearts too

Sue Richards has two children in The Fantastic Four and she hasn't aged a day. Peter and MJ had Annie in Renew Your Vows and when she was aged up with a natural time skip, her parents barely looked older in the art and could still function as a superhero team with their daughter.,
    Marvel isn't DC. What DC examples are there? Curious because all I can think is Lian, the Flash twins and Aqua baby.
    I see DC still shaving years off Tim Drake to keep Batman younger so much so that Tim and Damian started in the family at roughly the same time.

I'm not ruling it out because this is comics of course but I seriously don't see it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Considering Clark and his powers does he bang?
    Jon's the answer to that

Banging lots of women doesn't = Cave man or Alpha male mentality it just means a person likes to bang.
    Considering Clark and his powers does he bang? Relationships don't have to mean Banging. Fans can wish to see fresh/other alternatives explored for Clark that doesn't mean they want to see him banging or that they want his Alpha status explored. That is myopic.
    ...Yes? When has Clark ever been portrayed as celibate? Even back in the Silver Age we got plenty of stories about Clark having girlfriends/wives and going on to have kids.

I did not know that. I thought Jon was conceived under special circumstances and the only comic where I ever saw superman have sex he and Diana literally shook the world or something ridiculous like that.

The more you know. I thought he was a cold shower/onanism type of dude with non metas. My knowledge of Superman isn't very good I'm afraid.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 04-28-2019 at 03:22 AM.

Astonishing Member

Of all the perceptions of Superman the one I've always least understood was the Superman = Highschool Jock/QB/Promking thing. Even when Jon Byrne ACTUALLY (because I guess he figured it only made sense) made Supes into the Jock/QB/Prom King stereotype everyone calls him he neutered him as Superman in the process. Back in the Golden/Silverage he grew up a nerd and stayed one in his adult years.

A while ago I made a thread asking what Supes actually did to be called this and the only thing anyone came up with was "tall and powerful" which would mean all Superheroes are "QBs" and they all date beautiful women/men.

For what it's worth when I was in HS the captain of the football team and the tallest guy on the team was a linebacker.
    Last edited by The World; 04-28-2019 at 11:04 AM.

Astonishing Member

I don't view Clark as a jock, he's built like one sure, playing football and being good at it might qualify him as one but he actually isn't one in the truest sense of the word. I see him more as a geek that looks like a jock. If he cared about football and the status it brought, I say it was only for a season in his life. The person he is now, is who he's always been that experienced growth throughout all the many different phases in his life. He may be perceived a certain way because of his looks and abilities but that don't mean he is that way.

I did not know that. I thought Jon was conceived under special circumstances and the only comic where I ever saw superman have sex he and Diana literally shook the world or something ridiculous like that.

The more you know. I thought he was a cold shower/onanism type of dude with non metas. My knowledge of Superman isn't very good I'm afraid.
    Occasionally people trying to analyze what Superman “realistically” would be like, which is how we got the book “Man of Steel, Women of Kleenex” about how Supes wouldnt be able to have sex. I always found such exercises rather pointless myself, how does an alien that gets his power from the sun “realistically” have the ability to fly or arctic breath. And the answer is that he wouldn’t realistically but it doesn’t matter because he’s not real. In the comics though? He’s had plenty of sexual relationships and most assuredly is not celibate lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Occasionally people trying to analyze what Superman “realistically” would be like, which is how we got the book “Man of Steel, Women of Kleenex” about how Supes wouldnt be able to have sex. I always found such exercises rather pointless myself, how does an alien that gets his power from the sun “realistically” have the ability to fly or arctic breath. And the answer is that he wouldn’t realistically but it doesn’t matter because he’s not real. In the comics though? He’s had plenty of sexual relationships and most assuredly is not celibate lol.
    Shows you how fan HC and misrepresentation can shape the way a casual fan views a character

Incredible Member

If Gleason and Tomasi had been able to go through with this plot I think I would have liked to see it, but given the current circumstances with what happened to Jon, I don't think so. I'd be afraid they'd rip her away and rapidly age her up too so Clark and Lois effectively end up losing another child. I don't know what to make of the daughter in Bendis's future vision scene, if there's something planned there or not. There was some other weird stuff in that sequence like that woman in Jay Garrick's flash costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    If Gleason and Tomasi had been able to go through with this plot I think I would have liked to see it, but given the current circumstances with what happened to Jon, I don't think so. I'd be afraid they'd rip her away and rapidly age her up too so Clark and Lois effectively end up losing another child. I don't know what to make of the daughter in Bendis's future vision scene, if there's something planned there or not. There was some other weird stuff in that sequence like that woman in Jay Garrick's flash costume.
    Agreed. If Tomasi and Gleason were still on the title, I'd be more than happy to see another Super, a girl this time, and how the family goes through with that.

But Bendis... Hard pass. Very hard.

Mighty Member

I always thought it would be funny to see 10-year old Jon's reaction to his parents showing up with another child without warning, and having to figure out whether this was a real thing that had happened or a crazy supervillain plot. Could have been a fun twist to children dealing with a new sibling.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Incredible Member

Superman Reborn retconned both Convergence and New52. You just need to read that issue to understand Superman current status quo.
    Lois and Clark, Clark and Lois..no matter what, when or where it's always you two. Even in fractured quantum space-time you manage to find each other..but if those tinkering busybodies couldn't keep you apart, why should I waste my time?- Mr Mxyzptlk, Superman #19

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    I have so much fun reading their story during that time. Everything is so fluffy and rosy and fun lol.
    Lois and Clark, Clark and Lois..no matter what, when or where it's always you two. Even in fractured quantum space-time you manage to find each other..but if those tinkering busybodies couldn't keep you apart, why should I waste my time?- Mr Mxyzptlk, Superman #19

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I always thought it would be funny to see 10-year old Jon's reaction to his parents showing up with another child without warning, and having to figure out whether this was a real thing that had happened or a crazy supervillain plot. Could have been a fun twist to children dealing with a new sibling.
    Or asking his parents randomly during breakfast where did babies come from? Lmao!