Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default Disappointed by DC??!!

I've been a DC fanboy for as long as I can remember. With that said I am finding myself more and more disappointed with the DC books with each passing week to the point that I'm starting to drop books. Just a few dreadful points off the top of my head:
    1)Ric Grayson. Enough already. Get the book back on track or put it out of its misery. Art and writing are terrible. DiDio may not like Dick Grayson but his fans sure do.
    2)Bat titles have been on a downward spiral since the bat/cat wedding (that should've happened). And Thomas Wayne working with Bane to destroy his son?! F.U.
    3)Superman titles. I was for Bendis coming onboard but Rogol Zaar is going nowhere, bringing back Jor-el is ridiculous, the Jon Kent character was destroyed, and now supes can change his hair/face/ethnicity on a whim?! Perhaps he should've been doing that all along instead of wearing glasses as a disguise. These titles are going down the toilet.
    4)Heroes in Crisis - Really??!! This last issue and what was done to Wally is unforgivable. A BIG F.U. to Didio and the writers and staff behind that book.
    5)Aquaman - story is a boring mess right now. Perhaps amnesiac Andy can hang out with amnesiac Ric and figure out how to star in a title that I can give a rats a$$ about.

DC...you disappoint me. DiDio needs to go and you should take a long look at your writing and editorial staff.

Incredible Member

Agreed. I don’t buy any of the current stuff anymore. I stick to trades from anytime before the New 52 now.

My DC pull list is down to 3 titles, and it will be just 1 by July. I have dropped Batman (king sucks), dropped Bendis Superman, Sideways, and Damage have been cancelled, Silencer will be done in June. I will probably be dropping Action soon. This will leave me with just Red Hood, which I really do enjoy. See nothing in the solicits that interest me going forwards, as far as adding new titles.
    Last edited by chachi; 04-25-2019 at 06:06 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    Agreed. I don’t buy any of the current stuff anymore. I stick to trades from anytime before the New 52 now.
    Me as well. Nothing that has come out for DC Comics in the last 10 years has really peaked my interest.

No JSA, no Ray Palmer (with the exception of random appearances here and there), enough has been said about Wally that I don't have anything to add.
    Since the new 52 I have had anywhere from 0 to 2 books at the highest, because of how my favorite characters have been treated (or ignored) under the current leadership. However, I will end on a positive note and say thank you to Geoff Johns for keeping Shazam alive and well. DC really is not interesting these days and continues a downward spiral to Dan Didio's dreaded "apathy" which he is creating.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

"now supes can change his hair/face/ethnicity on a whim?"

Wait, what? Details please

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post

Superman is in disguise to take down Leviathan.

I have been reading older Dc. 60s-80s. I am just about to start on The New 52. From the way everyone talks it doent sound like I should bother with newer Dc stuff.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

I love legacy characters and it seems DC is penalazing every one I love since N52 started.
    Dick Grayson, Roy Harper, Wally West, Donna Troy, Garth, Guy Gardner, Kyle Rayner, Connor Hawke, Helena Bertinelli, Tim Drake, Conner Kent, Bart Allen.
    Everyone is struggling since too long.

I had some hope after REBIRTH but it turned out to be a huge lie.
    Titans book was horrible maybe the worst Titans run ever.
    Dick was in a new good path in Grayson then they turn him back in Nightwing in haste and without ideas culminating in this Ric nonsense.
    YJ is too early to properly judge, anyway I'm not enthusiastic at the moment and I'm still on the fence. These characters would need to be fixed in their core franchise before stick around as a group.
    Wally West, Roy Harper... better say nothing about them.
    Kyle and Guy has been replaced by some lame characters as Jessica and Simon. GLC Rebirth book was one of my favorite, now it's gone.
    I enjoyed Superman titles during Rebirth period as I haven't had from so long then Bendis changed everything, especially Jo,n and I've dropped it.
    Snyder and his fellow Tynion are not my cup of tea and I decided to stop reading all their works (and I feel better now!) Metal, JL books are exactly what I don't care for.
    Tomasi on Batman doesn't work for me, never had so I've dropped Detective too (I love him writing Superman instead).
    King on Batman is high and low, one of the few books I still buy.

My pullinglist is down to 3/4 books, it was never so low in the past. One of them is Doomsday Clock that is a bimonthly if not a threemonthly.
    Loved Lemire works on Terrifics, I'd give him Titans or YJ immediately if Editorial still care for them.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

I don’t trust DC anymore and I won’t forgive what happened yesterday.

How long before Jon Kent becomes the new Superboy Prime ? How long before Nightwing becomes « Batman’s worst nemesis » ?

My pull list is down to two titles : Shazam! And Doomsday Clock. After that, I’m done.

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

Long before recently HIC I'm already just reading post-crisis and some random pre-crisis comics, Now thanks to DC I'm certain I could completely dropped Rebirth(except some I'm really interesting titles)
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    I have been reading older Dc. 60s-80s. I am just about to start on The New 52. From the way everyone talks it doent sound like I should bother with newer Dc stuff.
    I mean, everyone's taste is different. You may read it and love it. But I think for most of us who grew up reading DC Comics during the 70s, 80s, and 90s (or before), a lot of the new stuff is hard to swallow.

Read what you like, don't read what you don't.

Has it cut down on the number of comics I read? Yeah, not just from DC but from all publishers. But I enjoy it more because I'm only reading stuff I like and not paying money for stuff I know I'll dislike.

Not to mention, continuity at DC (and Marvel) is basically "Story first, history second" and only matters if the current writer feels like bringing it up. Do things like what Heroes in Crisis did to Wally tick me off? As a huge Wally fan, yes. But I also know the whole thing will be disregarded and pushed aside within two years most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by RickWJ324 View Post
    3)Superman titles. I was for Bendis coming onboard but Rogol Zaar is going nowhere, bringing back Jor-el is ridiculous, the Jon Kent character was destroyed, and now supes can change his hair/face/ethnicity on a whim?! Perhaps he should've been doing that all along instead of wearing glasses as a disguise. These titles are going down the toilet.
    Jor-El was brought back before Bendis came on. Jurgens brought him back during Rebirth (or, if you want to get technical he was brought back at the tail end of the New 52). Bendis just used him as a way to remove Jon and Lois from the comics for a few months.

Also, Superman doesn't have the power to change his appearance. He has a device that allows him to do so. The concept has been around for decades with characters like Beast and Nightcrawler in X-Men. Why he didn't use it on other journalist assignments that require a disguise, though, is anyone's guess.

The story also established that Clark has to concentrate to maintain the appearance, which would make it a short term thing since trying to maintain a daily job and life while constantly concentrating on maintaining a physical image would be very difficult (hence the glasses as a disguise).
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

I would also take umbrage with blanketing the "Superman titles" together. Action has been knocking it out of the park.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post

Yeah, he has some "krypton tech" that allows him to turn into a middle eastern looking character. Whether Bendis created this or if it comes from some ridiculous silver age story, its pretty stupid. It wreaks of some silly silver age antics, or something Morrison would create.

And to those that commented about Bendis NOT bringing back Jor-el... I know that. It was a bad idea to start with, and Bendis has responsible for what's being done with the character and with Rogol and the Jon Kent b.s.

Don't get me wrong...I like Bendis a lot and have been a fan of most of his work. I was excited to hear that he was coming on board with Superman and I do like some things he's done. BUT the stuff with Jon, the stupid "open marriage" vibe he gave Lois and Clark, and many other aspects of his stories so far just seems wrong to me. For those that like it, great! Personally I don't.
    Last edited by RickWJ324; 04-25-2019 at 09:29 AM.