Justice League
    Wonder Woman
    Flash
    Doomsday clock
    Terrifics
    JL Dark
    If GA come back I will get that too
    More than I realized

I’m only pulling Doomsday Clock, Teen Titans, Heroes in Crises and Freedom Fighters. Dropped Justice League. Boring! Was pulling Doom Patrol until Way got lazy and delayed everything and it just vanished. Heroes in Crises big disappointment. Especially last issue. Doomsday Clock has been excellent except for the delays. Still waiting for the JSA and LOSH. I’m not getting any younger DC.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I only read out of continuity and pre-Crisis stuff these days. The only regular Superman book I pick up is the Wal-Mart one. And even that's until they do something I don't like. My LCS has been having a sale recently where trades and hardbacks are 40% off so I've been filling up my GA Superman and my pre-Crisis NTT collections. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who doesn't like the direction that DC is going in these days. Continuity is a mess and, I'll be honest, even if they gave me everything I wanted I'm not sure I'd follow it. I'm not a teenager anymore and don't have the patience for that sort of thing. These days I just want a fun, stand alone, story I don't have to think about.
    Assassinate Putin!

More human than human thetrellan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    I'm disappointed with Aquaman.
    For a good long while there is was one of, if not THE best DC book on the shelves.
    Now? It's one of the worst things you can say for a story - COMPLETELY forgettable.
    DC missed a big opportunity to really push Aquaman & Mera and completely *ahem* missed the boat. (sorry)

Green Lantern is still a blast - but I don't see Sharp and Morrison staying any longer than a year.
    Flash has been ordinary. Which is better than it was during New52, but still nothing special.
    Doomsday Clock has been enjoyable - when it arrives.

But I can never forgive DC for the treatment of Wally West.
    Heroes In Crisis is not only a shitty story with plot holes you can drive a truck through and characterisation that is COMPLETELY out of whack with established continuity, but has managed to take a steaming piss all over my favourite comic book character. I now truly understand what the HEATers felt years ago.
    Absolute unmitigated shitshow.
    I get the feeling that the only purpose for Aquaman right now is to reflect events in Justice League vaguely. Yeah. Waiting to move on.

But about the Flash. Why does Kolins have to keep coming back? He seems like an artist who just draws a basic layout and leaves it at that. Plus I get the impression he's the go-to guy when they have no one else. That said, still better for the book than Porter. Porter was okay on JL3K, but wholly unsuitable for the Flash. I was much, much happier with Buccellato and Manapul on the book. Williamson and DiGiandomenico were fantastic, but New52 was better until Booth took over the art. That was when N52 Flash turned terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I only read out of continuity and pre-Crisis stuff these days. The only regular Superman book I pick up is the Wal-Mart one. And even that's until they do something I don't like. My LCS has been having a sale recently where trades and hardbacks are 40% off so I've been filling up my GA Superman and my pre-Crisis NTT collections. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who doesn't like the direction that DC is going in these days. Continuity is a mess and, I'll be honest, even if they gave me everything I wanted I'm not sure I'd follow it. I'm not a teenager anymore and don't have the patience for that sort of thing. These days I just want a fun, stand alone, story I don't have to think about.
    Now that I look, I'm seeing the term 'ga superman' but have no clue what it means. General audiences?

NTT is at the top of my list of pre-CIE titles. But I really don't think of it like that. I think of it as post-CIE content leading up to CIE. In spite of how WW's non-existence messed up her past, it really changed nothing for the book. I stand by CIE as the best thing ever to happen to DC. Even though it felt like both Barry and Wally died because of it. That was the worst part of the event. But at least I could understand it. They were getting rid of duplicate characters. There were too many.

That makes zero sense today. Not even with two Wally Wests and two Flashes running around. I'm a freaking dinosaur to prefer Barry the way I do. And even so, I love Wally as a character. Always have. He has this enormous fan base which frankly puts Barry to shame. If DC can't find a way to make him fit into continuity, that is just an epic fail.
    Last edited by thetrellan; 05-03-2019 at 11:22 AM.

Duh. Golden age. There there, self, now don't you feel stupid.
    Last edited by thetrellan; 05-03-2019 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thetrellan View Post
    And my impression of the DCU right now is that they are headed for yet another retcon. Bigger than Rebirth or Zero Hour, but smaller than CIE or N52. Not just because of things like HIC. Let's face it, folks, if you saw all of what's been going on in a TV show, you would be dead certain the story would end with "it never really happened". This is no show, though. It's a trend that's been going on for the better part of a decade now. But also because of all this stuff with the Source wall falling, the dark multiverse, and all that. It seems likely that when all is put to rights, the DCU will, at the very least, have a new set of rules to follow.
    I definitely agree. We've been headed this way since Rebirth, if not Convergence.

I mean, it's baked directly into the overall DC narrative right now. Manhattan stole a decade of time from the DCU and completely altered history. The heroes will try to defeat the big bad and fix reality because that's what heroes do. Continuity has been screwed up forever but right now it's screwed up on purpose, so clearly the endgame is fixing the timeline, which will mean a new continuity. Even if what we get on the other side is largely the same as a previous version of continuity, it won't be the exact same continuity.

Only question is how it'll all go down, and when. Doomsday Clock? Snyder's JL? A new Crisis-like event we've yet to hear about?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I definitely agree. We've been headed this way since Rebirth, if not Convergence.

I mean, it's baked directly into the overall DC narrative right now. Manhattan stole a decade of time from the DCU and completely altered history. The heroes will try to defeat the big bad and fix reality because that's what heroes do. Continuity has been screwed up forever but right now it's screwed up on purpose, so clearly the endgame is fixing the timeline, which will mean a new continuity. Even if what we get on the other side is largely the same as a previous version of continuity, it won't be the exact same continuity.

Only question is how it'll all go down, and when. Doomsday Clock? Snyder's JL? A new Crisis-like event we've yet to hear about?
    Flashpoint 2.0!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Flashpoint 2.0!!!
    What's the worst that could happen?
    Assassinate Putin!

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

What's the worst that could happen?
    As far as I'm concerned they've already done their worst.

Pull list: Mark Waid reprint trades of The Flash (early Wally West years) I'll buy 1987 - 2005 reprints of Wally until I have a complete set. After that and nothing else is changed? It would have to be a really special done-in-one featuring Superman or Jay Garrick. Assuming I still care after collecting all of 'good-in-all-ways' Wally. I'd add Wally there too for a special, but the odds of that happening now are pretty bad.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Astonishing Member

… And my impression of the DCU right now is that they are headed for yet another retcon. Bigger than Rebirth or Zero Hour, but smaller than CIE or N52. Not just because of things like HIC. Let's face it, folks, if you saw all of what's been going on in a TV show, you would be dead certain the story would end with "it never really happened". This is no show, though. It's a trend that's been going on for the better part of a decade now. But also because of all this stuff with the Source wall falling, the dark multiverse, and all that. It seems likely that when all is put to rights, the DCU will, at the very least, have a new set of rules to follow. With the powers that have been released, I think it very possible that the speed force has been corrupted, especially given how events in the Flash's book have gone down. I don't believe we'll end up with the recent past having been erased, but damn, isn't that not unlike what Bendis did with Jor-El? Like history itself is hiccuping.

Even so, don't like that HIC can ever be said to have happened. It's like the dark multiverse has infected the light. Don't like it. Don't buy it. Guys, the only sidekick I ever liked was Wally West. And this event is seriously messed up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

This is being discussed on the Didio thread...and the possibility of a hard reboot is being discussed. It makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    This is being discussed on the Didio thread...and the possibility of a hard reboot is being discussed. It makes sense.
    There was talk a couple years ago of a hard reboot around 2020. And of course it involved undoing all the marriages. It got to the point where Jim Lee had to issue a statement shooting the idea down. Make of that what you will.
    Assassinate Putin!

Astonishing Member

There was talk a couple years ago of a hard reboot around 2020. And of course it involved undoing all the marriages. It got to the point where Jim Lee had to issue a statement shooting the idea down. Make of that what you will.
    Well, that was a couple years ago...and the hot mess just keeps getting bigger.

Hard reboot looks better and better.

There was talk a couple years ago of a hard reboot around 2020. And of course it involved undoing all the marriages.
    Aside from Clark and Lois, how many marriages are there these days?

(Maybe they'll undo the marriages of Ma & Pa Kent, Jor-El and Lara, and maybe of Thomas and Martha Wayne?)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Aside from Clark and Lois, how many marriages are there these days?

(Maybe they'll undo the marriages of Ma & Pa Kent, Jor-El and Lara, and maybe of Thomas and Martha Wayne?)
    I was gonna say. All of that already happened, including the Kent marriage, which has been redone by Rebirth tie-ins. I'm thinking this might have been a bit of misdirection to distract from HC, which now seems designed to at least look like the kind of sidekick eliminator that hasn't been seen since CIE.

Don't really see why the Robins always seem safe from these. Aside from Jason, who seemed more interesting than Dick in his time. Seriously. I know it's a real can of worms, but Grayson would have been at the top of my short list. The number one spot.

I was gonna say. All of that already happened, including the Kent marriage, which has been redone by Rebirth tie-ins. I'm thinking this might have been a bit of misdirection to distract from HC, which now seems designed to at least look like the kind of sidekick eliminator that hasn't been seen since CIE.

Don't really see why the Robins always seem safe from these. Aside from Jason, who seemed more interesting than Dick in his time. Seriously. I know it's a real can of worms, but Grayson would have been at the top of my short list. The number one spot.
    Dick is already being some hobo called "Ric" after being shot in the head. And he's pretty much isolated from the rest of the Bats.