Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

I'd take that cartoon (or any of the Filmation cartoons) over Smurfs, the Littles and the Snorks, which is what cartoons became in the '80s after parents complained about violence and accusing the cartoons of being 30-minute commercials for toys.

Fast-forward to today where TV-14 and TV-MA shows are commonplace and infomercials rule tv after 11PM. I guess the superhero cartoons of the '60s-'80s are to blame for those.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

I still freakin' dig the filmation cartoons.

They were so much better than Super-Friends.( and my other two faves, Spider-Man, with the groovy theme and the og Fantastic Four )
    Batman - Daredevil

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    Really?

How was it worse than other cartoons from the 60s? 70s? (e.g. Superfriends)
    Superfriends was way better.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Superfriends was way better.
    How? No way Superfriends was better.

How? No way Superfriends was better.
    Because I like it more?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

okay...but the book would probably have to be the Ultimate Batman...because it would probably sell.

Bruce as Batman, Richard as Robin and Barbara as Batgirl...of course, Joker, Penguin, Riddler and Catwoman. It would be like an old Batman cartoon.
    Sounds good to me!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I'd take that cartoon (or any of the Filmation cartoons) over Smurfs, the Littles and the Snorks, which is what cartoons became in the '80s after parents complained about violence and accusing the cartoons of being 30-minute commercials for toys.

Fast-forward to today where TV-14 and TV-MA shows are commonplace and infomercials rule tv after 11PM. I guess the superhero cartoons of the '60s-'80s are to blame for those.
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilBat66 View Post
    I still freakin' dig the filmation cartoons.

They were so much better than Super-Friends.( and my other two faves, Spider-Man, with the groovy theme and the og Fantastic Four )
    I'm glad there are other Filmation fans here too. I'm still hope karma catches L'Oréal.

Quote Originally Posted by RickWJ324 View Post
    Sounds good to me!
    Sounds good to me too.

I'm really missing a new Batman cartoon. This would substitute nicely.

I'm glad there are other Filmation fans here too. I'm still hope karma catches L'Oréal.
    And Hallmark.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

All-New Member

When I found out about Nightwing, he immediately became my favorite. But that was the time New 52 came in. Then I felt like he wasn't being portrayed like the awesome hero I read about before the New 52 era. And there's no end yet in the stories where he gets killed off. So far, I've only liked a couple of story arcs in Rebirth. I thought Year of the Villain would be great; it's not. In New 52, he beat Talon when Batman couldn't, but in the animated movie, he's disposed of by Talon easily. I think of giving up on finding a good Nightwing story. I might try the next 2 issues (Ric-Joker story arc), but if I'm not happy with those, that's it for me.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by juanideas View Post
    When I found out about Nightwing, he immediately became my favorite. But that was the time New 52 came in. Then I felt like he wasn't being portrayed like the awesome hero I read about before the New 52 era. And there's no end yet in the stories where he gets killed off. So far, I've only liked a couple of story arcs in Rebirth. I thought Year of the Villain would be great; it's not. In New 52, he beat Talon when Batman couldn't, but in the animated movie, he's disposed of by Talon easily. I think of giving up on finding a good Nightwing story. I might try the next 2 issues (Ric-Joker story arc), but if I'm not happy with those, that's it for me.
    Have you read any of Chuck Dixon's Nightwing run from the 90s?

I too am Dissapointed w DC as well.but theirs nothing as Marvel right now that instrest me either.i'm hoping for a turnaround sometime in the future their was a time when I spent $40 to $50 bucks a week at the Comic Book Store now it's barely $20 currently i'm collecting Wonder Woman.The Outsiders.Young Justice and Justice League.not a fan of this new Legion n still waiting for The Titans and a JSA book other than that they need to do something different not with Rebooting but maybe giving some C and D lister heroes a chance and see what happens.i'm more of a Team book collector and would to see other characters in books such as.

Crimson Avenger.Onyx.Fury(Lyta).Power Girl(Tanya).Vixen.Aura.Bombshell.Dr Light.Firehawk.Frances Kane.Goldstar.Lady Quark.Celsius.Fire and Ice.Thunder(anissa)Lightning(Jennifer)Rainmaker.Fa ith.Gypsy.Looker.Maxima.Black Alice.Conjura.Empress.Manitou Dawn. for the Women.

Bronze Tiger.Claw.Kung fu Fighter Richard Dragon.Iron Munro.Loose Cannon.Omac.Red Star.Ultraa.Vartox.Coldcast.Muhammad X.Burnout.Frostbite.Red Inferno.Captain Comet.Templar.Mindwarp.Bloodwynd.Sebastian Faust.Flying Fox. for the Men.

Quote Originally Posted by juanideas View Post
    Have you tried Grayson?

The current series is a waste of time, don’t bother. Its the worse book on the selves. The book is just there to facilitate a creator who can’t even be bothered to come up with new story ideas. You aren’t going to find a good Nightwing story there. It’s not even trying to do that. Everyone involved on that book should be ashamed of themselves.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-11-2020 at 06:03 PM.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Well, as of writing I am now buying the least amount of DC books in 30 years of collecting.

Aquaman
    The Flash

That's it, and truth be told those books are on the bubble as well.
    I'm tired of DC pissing in my pocket and telling me it's raining.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Sadly I'm disappointed too. I'm reading just Aquaman and Batman now. I'm basically just reading Marvel books nowadays, I don't think I've ever been down to this small amount of DC books before.

I'm not dissapointed at all. Batman by Tom King (waiting for Batman/Catwoman); Superman and AC by Bendis, Mister Miracle by King and Gerads (sadly I will have to wait to try Strange Adventures); Doom Patrol by Gerards and Derington (I read the first "season" this summer, damn that was great); The Green Lantern (just like with SA, I have to wait a few months for Season Two), and there're a lot of books that I want to read but can't yet because money. Some Sandman Universe titles, Far Sector, etcetera. And I'm only naming recent titles that I have read just to make this a short post. Of course, there've been things that I don't like or care for, but whenever I cross those, I simply abandon them and go for something that suits my tastes. I've never collected a vast numbers of titles at the same time, I usually vary between many different decades of comicbooks in my purchases, but I don't think there was a time where I haven't found titles that catch my attention
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH