Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Aside from the ****-show that is HiC, the worst comic DC produces- Nightwing and the completely lame AquaMamoa, I'm enjoying most everything I buy.

Those three though....
    Batman - Daredevil

BANNED

Dan DiDio is clearly out of his mind. I honestly believe he should lose his job as publisher of DC Comics. I have been very bothered by DC ever since shortly after I started reading comics regularly around 2003. I think by about 2004, DiDio was in charge, and I have only really found enjoyment from DC in back issues and collections of past stories. I'm in a weird spot here. I've really hated current DC nearly my entire comics reading history, and I think that's because I was unfortunate enough to get into comics seriously just as DiDio came into power at DC. Really, I'm just tired of him at this point. I don't read any current DC books and I'm more or less apathetic about the characters at this point. I can still talk about them, but I don't really care what happens to them anymore. The Wally West thing is definitely unfortunate, but I just can't find it in me to get mad about these characters anymore, because DiDio has sapped my love for them away.

Jim Lee should be moved to a different position.

My gripe with DC Comics is that they are wasting Vixen's potential. She is being used in other media, but for some unknown reason, DC Comics will not give her an ongoing solo book and haven't tried to for 41 years. And the company has no problem giving ongoing solo books to new characters we have never even heard of before, but Vixen is overlooked. The most they'll do with her in the comics is put her on Justice League spin-off books that get cancelled.

I also find it very hard to believe that no one can or has been given the chance to come up with a good pitch for a solo book for Vixen. There are so many avenues to explore with her, it would be too hard to NOT be able to come up with a good pitch for her.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Morrison’s Green Lantern has been great.
    I enjoy the main Flash title.
    Justice League Dark has kinda quietly been great.
    Tomasi seems to be getting Tek back on track.
    Deathstroke has been consistently good.
    Lobdell is actually doing great work on Red Hood.
    I love Action Comics. I like Superman too but I was never invested in the idea of a Superman jr so the Jon stuff doesn’t bother me, but I understand why some don’t like it.
    Doomsday Clock is shaping up to be a classic.

I don’t know, besides Heroes in Crisis, Batman, and Nightwing Ric, I’m enjoying a lot right now. So I guess I’m just disappointed by anything Tom King related.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    Dan DiDio is clearly out of his mind. I honestly believe he should lose his job as publisher of DC Comics. I have been very bothered by DC ever since shortly after I started reading comics regularly around 2003. I think by about 2004, DiDio was in charge, and I have only really found enjoyment from DC in back issues and collections of past stories. I'm in a weird spot here. I've really hated current DC nearly my entire comics reading history, and I think that's because I was unfortunate enough to get into comics seriously just as DiDio came into power at DC. Really, I'm just tired of him at this point. I don't read any current DC books and I'm more or less apathetic about the characters at this point. I can still talk about them, but I don't really care what happens to them anymore. The Wally West thing is definitely unfortunate, but I just can't find it in me to get mad about these characters anymore, because DiDio has sapped my love for them away.

I do feel sorry for you. That was quite unfortunate.
    Yes, you missed out on DC's best years.

Hopefully, sometime in the future, we'll get past this dark cloud and DC's star will shine once again...
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Incredible Member

I loved rebirth but I dropped some books since they changed writers: Superman Books, Wonder Woman, and Aquaman.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Well, Wally West writing started to suck just after Didio took over and "...."
    Um... HIC was a poor Elsewo"...."

*sigh*

I can't even. Articulate.
    So much losing.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Eh, I'm always disappointed by something happening at DC. I'm also always satisfied by something happening at DC.

It just depends on what you point at. Some of their stuff is really good right now, some of it isnt.

Just like always.

Happy with Superman, JL, Doomsday Clock, GL, among others. Unhappy with Ric, Wally, HiC, among others. I dont waste my money on books I'm not enjoying, and characters I love but am not currently following (Nightwing) I keep tabs on so I'll know when a better direction comes along.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Eh, I'm always disappointed by something happening at DC. I'm also always satisfied by something happening at DC.

It just depends on what you point at. Some of their stuff is really good right now, some of it isnt.

Just like always.

Happy with Superman, JL, Doomsday Clock, GL, among others. Unhappy with Ric, Wally, HiC, among others. I dont waste my money on books I'm not enjoying, and characters I love but am not currently following (Nightwing) I keep tabs on so I'll know when a better direction comes along.
    I agree.

I think the last time I really cared about DC's ongoings was when Brenden Fletcher was doing stuff for them.

Now, it's a mini-series here, a mini-series there.
    Or a new series that won't last longer than ten or twelve issues because no one else but me bought it.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

I am disappointed very much by the current Aquaman, following the movie they had the golden opportunity to bring in some new readers, instead they came up with a story that any one interested in following up the comic version was pushed away. Nothing that connects you to Aquaman in the slightest way. Now some five months after the movie they gave him tattoos. Not only new readers didn't pick it up, but now also loyal fans have been dropping the book. Aquaman had a solid decade with Johns/Parker/abnett, now its being thrown down the drain, when the movie opened new opportunities. Sheer madness. Lack of planning and marketing.

I'm on a down opinion of DC right now. No JSA and no Legion means two of my big DC franchise follows aren't coming out and thus, I am unable to buy them. And for me who finds even a mediocre LSH or JSA better than none at all, disappointing is the word. I am also unhappy with the plot of HiC and the interminable delays of Doomsday Clock. There's also a big gap between Young Animal books.

But I do like the story of Doomsday Clock. I like Morrison's Green Lantern. King and Gerads Mister Miracle was tremendous. Some of the Young Animal books coming up look interesting. And if DClock ever gets three more issues out., I might even see a JSA or LSH series again.

So some good, some bad. All in all right now, there's more bad than good. There's always something at DC I pick up, but since the nu52 happened, it's been less for me in general.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post

Jim Lee should be hunched over a drawing board in a smoke-filled room with two dozen other artists like in the good ol' days, making the minimum per page and having to churn out a minimum of ten penciled pages a day. As far as I can tell, he's just getting paid big bucks to NOT draw anything for Marvel. At least Didio seems to do SOMETHING, even if it's wrong.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DevilBat66 View Post
    Aside from the ****-show that is HiC, the worst comic DC produces- Nightwing and the completely lame AquaMamoa, I'm enjoying most everything I buy.

Those three though....
    I'm in the same boat. As disappointed as I am in how HiC is shaping up so far (there's always a slim hope that next issue will turn it around), I still have other titles that I'm enjoying and I'd still say the state of things is better than it was in the New 52. Morrison's Green Lantern's been great; Bendis's runs Action and Superman are some of the best comics coming out currently; Priest's Deathstroke still proves for solid reading; and there is new stuff coming out the interests me: Tomasi's 'Tec, the return of Way's Doom Patrol, Fraction on a Jimmy Olsen book, etc.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 04-26-2019 at 05:41 AM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

What did Bendis do with Jon Kent? I haven't caught up with the character since Super sons got cancelled.

I just cancelled my DC standing order for May due to disappointment. Enough is enough. I'll spend my money on something else and not the powers that be retirement fund