Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    I'm not dissapointed at all. Batman by Tom King (waiting for Batman/Catwoman); Superman and AC by Bendis, Mister Miracle by King and Gerads (sadly I will have to wait to try Strange Adventures); Doom Patrol by Gerards and Derington (I read the first "season" this summer, damn that was great); The Green Lantern (just like with SA, I have to wait a few months for Season Two), and there're a lot of books that I want to read but can't yet because money. Some Sandman Universe titles, Far Sector, etcetera. And I'm only naming recent titles that I have read just to make this a short post. Of course, there've been things that I don't like or care for, but whenever I cross those, I simply abandon them and go for something that suits my tastes. I've never collected a vast numbers of titles at the same time, I usually vary between many different decades of comicbooks in my purchases, but I don't think there was a time where I haven't found titles that catch my attention
    This is pretty much my experience. I've always found something I've enjoyed reading from DC. Granted, there have been times when pickings were slim, but for over 40 years, there's been something. And I think I've gotten more selective as time passes, so the line between buy and not buy is moving up for me. The last time DC wasn't putting out a book I wanted to buy and read, Nixon was president.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Well, as of writing I am now buying the least amount of DC books in 30 years of collecting.

Aquaman
    The Flash

That's it, and truth be told those books are on the bubble as well.
    I'm tired of DC pissing in my pocket and telling me it's raining.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliltron View Post
    Sadly I'm disappointed too. I'm reading just Aquaman and Batman now. I'm basically just reading Marvel books nowadays, I don't think I've ever been down to this small amount of DC books before.

I'm now only buying 2 titles also...Shazam and Young Justice.

Inevitably, they will be cancelled.

After 40 years of buying DC comics, I will not be collecting anymore.

I love the characters...I just don't love the stories anymore. (I guess I'll be better off buying DC coloring books.)

I’m buying only Black Label and indies and one Marvel mini. When all the Black Label minis end, I currently don’t see anything at DV to replace those. So by summer it will be only indies. And I’m ok with this.
    “To the future or to the past. To a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone - to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone: from the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink - greetings!" - Winston Smith

I dont collect monthly's...

Personally not disappointed with dc. I am so stoked on the trades I've been collecting...

Having said that I'm mostly picking used books at my local store as I can collect 2 or 3 trades for the cost of 1 new...

Probably the newer stuff I've read is metal, justice league the Totality, heroes in crisis... doomsday clock... man of steel bendis

I've enjoyed all...

I'll continue to collect new stuff, but the big purchases I wanna make are kirbys fourth world Omnibus... an old legion of superhero omnibus.

The new shazam when released. Doomsday clock part 2

Ultimately I'm probably not reading enough of the new stuf...

Having said that I loved new 52 and Rebirth...

Sure the odd book isnt that great but overall I'm probably easier to please then some of the pickier long time fans...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RickWJ324 View Post
    I've been a DC fanboy for as long as I can remember. With that said I am finding myself more and more disappointed with the DC books with each passing week to the point that I'm starting to drop books. Just a few dreadful points off the top of my head:
    1)Ric Grayson. Enough already. Get the book back on track or put it out of its misery. Art and writing are terrible. DiDio may not like Dick Grayson but his fans sure do.
    2)Bat titles have been on a downward spiral since the bat/cat wedding (that should've happened). And Thomas Wayne working with Bane to destroy his son?! F.U.
    3)Superman titles. I was for Bendis coming onboard but Rogol Zaar is going nowhere, bringing back Jor-el is ridiculous, the Jon Kent character was destroyed, and now supes can change his hair/face/ethnicity on a whim?! Perhaps he should've been doing that all along instead of wearing glasses as a disguise. These titles are going down the toilet.
    4)Heroes in Crisis - Really??!! This last issue and what was done to Wally is unforgivable. A BIG F.U. to Didio and the writers and staff behind that book.
    5)Aquaman - story is a boring mess right now. Perhaps amnesiac Andy can hang out with amnesiac Ric and figure out how to star in a title that I can give a rats a$$ about.

DC...you disappoint me. DiDio needs to go and you should take a long look at your writing and editorial staff.
    Still buying much more than marvel but I am at a real low from the start of rebirth and DC you, where I was buying every mainstream book

not good at present

JL dark is a shining light though

BANNED

I don't feel that DC's output is the best, but I don't get a feeling of general disappointment from the company. That said, I think that means that I've already processed this type of thing and I'm over being disappointed. There are, however, certain things I find particularly unfortunate.

I haven't consistently enjoyed anything anyone's done with Superman in a very long time. Bendis' stuff doesn't interest me, and I wasn't into the Superdad angle, either. The New 52 stuff wasn't really working for me. I think you would have to go back to the 90s comics to when I thought Superman was regularly doing exciting stuff, and I think that's a real shame.

I'm happy DC is giving Amethyst another shot, but I'm unhappy because I'm not fond of the creator's take on the character.

I'd have to say that overall I'm mostly bored with DC's current output, and I collect a fair amount of monthlies.

Still enjoying:
    Young Justice
    Shazam
    Superman
    Action
    LSH
    Wonder Woman (improving with Orlando on the title)

Collecting but bored:
    Flash
    Batman
    Aquaman
    Supergirl (Hell Arisen is killing this title!)
    Teen Titans
    Hawkman (Hell Arisen is killing this title)
    Justice League

Have dropped in the last year:
    Batgirl
    Detective
    Green Lantern
    JL Dark
    JL Odyssey
    Nightwing (boycotting until Dick is restored)

Cancelled or ended in the last year or would still be picking it up:
    Green Lanterns
    Doomsday Clock
    Deathstroke
    Titans

Yeah I'm also on the disappointed by DC bandwagon. I'm down to The Green Lantern, Detective Comics and trade waiting on Curse of the White Knight. Aside from maybe The Batman's Grave, nothing DC is doing at the moment has me interested at all. I'd go so far to say DC is at their weakest now than they've been since DCYou. Even during the New 52, I was reading more DC titles than I am now and the New 52 was DC's biggest mistakes of the decade. I can't stand Bendis on Superman, don't like Tynion's take on Batman, haven't been able to get into Flash, not a fan of Kelly DeConnick on Aquaman, Wonder Woman is getting another creative team in less than a year and Rick Grayson is a travesty to Nightwing's legacy. Plus if the 5G rumours are true, that's going to wreck the majority of what I love about DC's universe and characters.

I'm not disappointed. Past couple years and coming up soon - Man and Superman, Harleen, Batman: The White Knight/Curse of the White Knight, Superman Smashes the Klan, Batman Overdrive, Lois Lane and the Friendship Challenge, Batman/TMNT crossovers, all stuff I've either enjoyed or have on my wishlist waiting to enjoy.

Mighty Member

I am always disappointed with the bumbling of potential DC has with certain characters. The JLA cartoon, showed that the Question was an immensely popular cult hero, but they chose to farm him out to a crappy writer in one of the worst mini series I recall reading, and then eventually replace him for reasons I do not wish to venture into.

Kevin Smith & Brad Meltzer showed that the Red Arrow (Roy Harper) look and concept was widely more popular than Arsenal, but they failed to ever really capitalize on it, and had him recently murdered by his best friend??? Speaking of which, I like Barry Allen, but unlike Kyle Rayner, I think the majority of comic fans accepted the passing of the torch to Wally. They bring Wally back, and he has the capacity to be at least a really good second tier hero, in a well selling Titans comic, but they pull the plug on it for the Marv Wolfman heroes, and doom Wally to the stupidest role of some quasi Bran Stark Specter.

So it's the horrible business decisions that drive me up the wall. I don't think that DC is aware of the fact that their big 3, Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman, are not as compelling as say Spiderman, Wolverine and the Hulk, and as consequence, a lot of the second tier and third tier DC heroes have quite the following.

As for DC titles, currently there are some great reads out there

Hawkman
    Justice League Dark
    The Flash
    Batman has really turned around lately.

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    I don't think that DC is aware of the fact that their big 3, Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman, are not as compelling as say Spiderman, Wolverine and the Hulk, and as consequence, a lot of the second tier and third tier DC heroes have quite the following.
    Yeah, this really makes no sense. DC's three most popular characters aren't as compelling as Marvel's three most popular (I disagree with this sentiment immensely, but for the sake of argument...) so DC should go more in on their less popular second and third tier guys just because they have a following, even if that following is still smaller than Batman's, Superman's, and Wonder Woman's?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Yeah, this really makes no sense. DC's three most popular characters aren't as compelling as Marvel's three most popular (I disagree with this sentiment immensely, but for the sake of argument...) so DC should go more in on their less popular second and third tier guys just because they have a following, even if that following is still smaller than Batman's, Superman's, and Wonder Woman's?
    No not at all. I never said anything about scaling back titles from the big three. I simply stated that DC keeps dropping the ball on second and third tier characters adaptations that have resonated with fans. I do find though that a lot of DC fans are invested in other heroes more so than the big three.

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    No not at all. I never said anything about scaling back titles from the big three. I simply stated that DC keeps dropping the ball on second and third tier characters adaptations that have resonated with fans. I do find though that a lot of DC fans are invested in other heroes more so than the big three.
    I'm not really a Marvel guy, but from my understanding they also have a lot of fans more invested in other heroes more so than the big three you named. She-Hulk, Fantastic Four, Ms. Marvel, etc. It's not a DC thing. A lot of comic readers, least many of the ones who post, prefer the more obscure or secondary or tertiary characters. Weird that.

Mighty Member

Yes...well, guilty as charged.

I only really connected with Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Spider-Man, Captain America and the Fantastic Four when I was a kid.

As I got older, I gravitated more towards Dr. Strange, Nightwing, Huntress, Green Arrow, Moon Knight, Daredevil, Spider-Woman, Power Man and Iron Fist.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.