View Poll Results: Did you see this movie? If so, what did you think?

Voters
389. You may not vote on this poll
  • I saw it and loved it!

308 79.18%
  • I saw it and thought it was just OK. (Please explain.)

60 15.42%
  • I saw it and hated it. (Please explain.)

8 2.06%
  • I refuse to see this in theaters. (Please explain.)

6 1.54%
  • I refuse to see this, period. (Please explain.)

7 1.80%
Page 20 of 170 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast
    New JerZ. You KNOW something! Tell me what you know!

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    God, what a come down. I guess they needed to make room for the scene where Mags and his one true love Charles were playing chess.

They shouldn't have bothered with the DoFP storyline; this us just a sequel to First Class. Without females (apart from the naked one).
    Without giving away any spoilers, thanks to DOFP, they can effectively continue with the original cast (Rogue, Bobby, Kitty, etc.) without the baggage of Last Stand and Origins; it can exist separate from the 1st Class series. I hope they do so. I'd like one final movie with the original cast only. It's the only way we'll get to see Rogue mix with Gambit; we all know they're not gonna skip one of the most cruicial details to Gambit's history when Tatum plays the role (well, let's hope they don't).

Also, the next film will feature younger versions of Scott, Jean and Ororo. As I said, I'd like two distinct film worlds that share canon. It'll be FOX's big cinematic X-Men universe.
    Author of X-Forums.

Follow Goddess on Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    X-Men Days of Future Past has its grand opening in Moscow, is well represented by x-fans and is attended by Michael Fassbender.

Every one of those characters have been X-Men except for the racist. LOL

I love the Rogue & Polaris.

Fassbendy is just so dang handsome.
    Author of X-Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Mortal Kombat?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Mortal Kombat?
    Where's the chick with four (or was it six) arms?

Mortal Kombat?
    Whoah! Once seen...!
    Author of X-Forums.

Fantastic Member

mortal kombat?
    test your might!!

All-New Member

Professor X Power Piece

a few new scenes
    Magneto's lifting a railway? I wonder what scene is that.

Quote Originally Posted by Goddess View Post
    Without giving away any spoilers, thanks to DOFP, they can effectively continue with the original cast (Rogue, Bobby, Kitty, etc.) without the baggage of Last Stand and Origins; it can exist separate from the 1st Class series. I hope they do so. I'd like one final movie with the original cast only. It's the only way we'll get to see Rogue mix with Gambit; we all know they're not gonna skip one of the most cruicial details to Gambit's history when Tatum plays the role (well, let's hope they don't).

Also, the next film will feature younger versions of Scott, Jean and Ororo. As I said, I'd like two distinct film worlds that share canon. It'll be FOX's big cinematic X-Men universe.
    This post of mine might be slightly spoilery, so proceed with caution.

See, I don't see how X-Men Origins: Wolverine left any "baggage"

I get it... it's the worst film of the series. And as an adamant fan of that movie, I still wouldn't disagree with it being the worst.

But where's the baggage? The movie only addressed plot points that were dealt with in X2, and a lesser extent, X-Men. Wolverine had ALREADY come past the point of what happened in Origins. Origins was simply explaining what happened in his past that he couldn't remember. There was really no baggage that bogged down the series. It gave us some new characters, like Gambit, it gave us a BETTER version of Sabretooth (yes, Origins actually has POSITIVE contributions to the franchise), and simply explained the details between Logan and Stryker.

There's really no baggage bogging down the franchise from this film

And if you mention Deadpool - Deadpool can easily be retconned / rebooted without having to wipe the entire movie out of existence. Emma Frost was already rebooted in X-Men: First Class. Bolivar Trask from X-Men: The Last Stand is being rebooted in X-Men: Days Of Future Past.

I mean, outside of being a disappointing movie, Origins actually did NO damage to the franchise.

I LOVE X-Men: The Last Stand, it is my favorite of the main trilogy, and 2nd favorite of the entire series behind only X-Men: First Class. But THAT movie did damage to the franchise, ala killing Cyclops, curing Rogue. But I also still don't agree with the idea of reversing those decisions, because I think the movie also contributed a lot of positives to the franchise as well. This movie still has the best depiction of Beast on film yet (X-Men: Days Of Future Past not withstanding), Magneto was at some of his best, actually being a real mutant terrorist. While Phoenix was under developed to be sure, Famke Jannsen gave a brilliant performance and some of her moments in that movie are among my favorite in the series. Her portrayal of Phoenix is, in a lot of ways, more favorable than the comic book version of Phoenix for me. I do believe it should have been Cyclops in this sequence, but Phoenix's unleashing on Alcatraz and Logan's march up to confront, and finally kill her, is an absolute top moment in the entire franchise for me. Phoenix's psychic duel with Xavier is very well done. Hell, I even like Juggernaut, for being a not nearly as fleshed out as the source material henchman character. I hate to see all that wiped out when for me, all in all, it's a positive contribution to the franchise.

BUT yes, X-Men: The Last Stand certainly damaged the franchise, with their seemingly single minded focus to "end the trilogy" by any means necessary, even if it meant brickwalling the franchise, when it never needed to be limited to a trilogy in the first place (I'm not a hugely adamant proponent of "franchise building" - I think it's OKAY for a movie series to come to an end, and NOT be rebooted or remade, but as X-Men Origins: Wolverine, X-Men: First Class, The Wolverine, X-Men: Days Of Future Past, and the future X-Men: Apocalypse prove, there was no need to shoehorn X-Men in as a "trilogy"). I certainly see the benefits of wiping the slate clean, but I'm not a fan of continuity wipes.

Especially when I feel like... those who don't like X-Men: The Last Stand (or X-Men Origins: Wolverine) simply don't have to watch it. But wiping them from continuity ruins it for those of us who DO like those movies, and want to see all the movies recognized and work together as one cohesive continuity.

Especially when, as you said, the next film is introducing YOUNG versions of those characters, versions which don't need X-Men: The Last Stand to be wiped out of continuity to introduce, and as of now, there are no known plans for continuing with the cast of the main trilogy that's being wiped out to give them a clean slate with in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    What a pity Rogue won't be doing anything like this.
    I know . Hopefully we will get a pleasant surprise for Rogue, but so far it just looks like a cameo for her.

Managed to get some tickets to an early screening of DOFP, saw the movie a couple hours ago. I'm sure you guys will love it ! I have a few nitpicks here and there but overall it's probably the strongest entry in the X-men franchise; right up there with X2. Really fun to see some familiar faces.

Mighty Member

I've just read the plot for the entire movie on wiki and God help non comic fans. It sounds unbelievably complicated.

And sadly my fears regarding Rogue were justified. I don't think I'll bother.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    What's the deal with this floating dagger business?
    Magneto threatening Blink? Magneto saving Blink from a freshly launched Sentinel projectile?