View Poll Results: Did you see this movie? If so, what did you think?

Voters
389. You may not vote on this poll
  • I saw it and loved it!

308 79.18%
  • I saw it and thought it was just OK. (Please explain.)

60 15.42%
  • I saw it and hated it. (Please explain.)

8 2.06%
  • I refuse to see this in theaters. (Please explain.)

6 1.54%
  • I refuse to see this, period. (Please explain.)

7 1.80%
Page 96 of 170 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 2536
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot View Post
    I can't see how Mystique would give wolverine to the real Stryker. She was horrified at what she saw what Trask had done to mutants that were experimented on. Handing over another one to be experimented on what be out of character imo. The trilogy version of the character would have reason to. The Days version none at all. No reason to hate let alone sell out Wolverine. Not unless Stryker has something that forces Mystique to work for him. The only reason I could see is to acquire Wolverine healing factor. The trilogy version can heal wounds. The Days version spent the rest of the movie limping after Magneto shot her. Shapeshifting and healing wounds is a powerful combination. Enough for Mystique to sell out Wolverine. Still I like the rest of the movie setup. Who knows we might actually see it produced
    Well, in X2 at least we know that Stryker can control mutants with that serum or whatever he dosed Mags, Cyke, Nightcrawler and Deathstrike with, but I doubt he'd have it available in 1973. And it also doesn't explain why he would send Mystique in disguise to pick him up, rather than doing so himself.

I'd just rather that it actually have been Stryker himself who "rescued" Logan. It would have been a good way to set up Weapon X.

BANNED

The point of that final scene was to show how Mystique went full circle. She started the movie saving mutants from experiments and she ends the movie saving mutants from experiments. Plus it's a tease to show that things will in fact change from what people expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Well, in X2 at least we know that Stryker can control mutants with that serum or whatever he dosed Mags, Cyke, Nightcrawler and Deathstrike with, but I doubt he'd have it available in 1973. And it also doesn't explain why he would send Mystique in disguise to pick him up, rather than doing so himself.
    I agree about the serum. Maybe the use Mystique DNA to create one. Except that early in time and that fast. I can't see the serum being ready yet. I still think it's so Mystique can acquire his healing factor somehow. Or to rescue a fellow mutant. Or with Azzeal dead she may sleep with Wolverine to give birth to Nightcrawler or Raze. Depending on how badly Wolverine is affected by being under water for so long his memory may also be affected

I'd just rather that it actually have been Stryker himself who "rescued" Logan. It would have been a good way to set up Weapon X.
    Seconded. The government may have pulled the plug at least publically on the Sentinels. They also realize having some under their control would be a good thing. As well as mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    The point of that final scene was to show how Mystique went full circle. She started the movie saving mutants from experiments and she ends the movie saving mutants from experiments. Plus it's a tease to show that things will in fact change from what people expect.
    I hope her personality does not change too much. I REALLY don't want movie version Mystique turning into the comic version. As the movie version is so well written and has much better character development. We really don't need the psycho, sociopath, anti-X-men obsessed version of the comics making it to the movies. We really don't imo. It would be a step backwards in character development imo.
    Last edited by sureshot; 05-29-2014 at 07:10 AM.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Exactly, I think it was pretty clear that was Singer's intent when showing that.

At work yesterday, 2 guys almost came to blows over debating the changes that happened to the prior movies due to DOFP. Was almost amusing if it wasn't so disturbing.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Which just so happen to coincide with the abortion of a timeline in which Scott Summers and Jean Grey didn't live. Of course I'm fully aware it's an hilarious coincidence. That's the whole point. It's an hilarious "coincidence".

You're confusing Bryan Singer and Simon Kinberg. No big deal, I guess.
    Yes but you seemed to be acting like that is why Fox did it which is not true. And I referenced SK because another poster earlier in this thread suggested that SK said one of his goals was to bring back JG and Cyke. At least I thought he was talking about SK because he said the writer. Either way that is irrelevant. The point is Fox did not invest millions for Cyke and Jean. They invested millions to a tell a story for McAvoy, Fassbender, and Lawrence and their characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Contrary to what his most feverish and recent fans may think Cyke had spent a not so small amount of time as the head of the X-franchise appearing in a majority headlining capacity although it may have not had been the faux Magneto-lite version he still recieved a consistent amount of development. Flash forward to now and it's his narrative and then everyone else and yes that even applies to Wolverine and Jean Grey, so perhaps the movies had it right with a slight reduction of attention. And I'd be saying the same thing if it were the Jean Grey show.

But it would seem, according to some posters CYke has only received attention this decade.
    Yeah I don't get it. I suspect if you added up all the panels across all the main X-men books ever that Cyke would be first in terms of how many times he has appeared in the X-men comics as a whole.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Finally saw it a couple of nights ago.

My thoughts...

James McAvoy absolutely killed it as Professor X.
    This is the Magneto that I always wanted. Fassbender and McKellan were on it.
    Loved the future battle scenes. It was really cool how the X-Men used their powers as a team. They train together and fight together, and it all made sense. And it looked spectacular.
    The end scene...man, I got a little misty-eyed.
    Post credit scene was on point.
    Loved Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique. She's made it her own.
    Storm Wolverine Nightcrawler Colossus Shadowcat Rogue Phoenix Magneto
    Mirage Cannonball Karma Sunspot Wolfsbane Magik Magma Cypher Warlock
    Jubilee Synch M Chamber Skin Husk

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Well-said.

I think some people don't value the journey but just the endpoint in cases like this.

If you think of the previous x-movies as a journey that got to this endpoint of DOFP, it doesn't retroactively make those previous movies any less meaningful or less fun just because the continuity or timeline or whatever has changed.

Kinda like how when you see a prequel, even though you know what the final outcome is, it doesn't (shouldn't) take away from your enjoyment of the prequel.

Yes, DOFP tampered with all we have seen so far in previous x-movies, but it doesn't take away any value that those stories had to me...whether it's pure entertainment value or story value.
    The problem is that the journey is all for not. We spend 6 movies investing in the journeys of these characters, and Days Of Future Past comes along and says only one of those 6 counts anymore.

I don't think it's akin to a prequel. It's more akin to finding out at the end that everything was just a dream.

Say what you will about X-Men 3. I actually like it, and in a lot of ways it's my favorite of the trilogy. It sucks that movie no longer "counts" in terms of the fact that the outcome is irrelevant because it's undone.

Or let's loom at movies well received, and how the journeys in X-Men, X2, or The Wolverine don't matter anymore because they are undone by the end. The Wolverine just came out less than a year ago and they are already undoing it!

I get it, I'm the only X-Men fan that likes X-Men 3 and Origins. I'm in the minority and most people are happy with the reboot. I'm not. I don't like reboots or seeing movies in my favorite film series get wiped out and unwritten. Yea my DVD's might still be there, but the journeys in those movie are undone. It sucks for me.

BANNED

It's like arguing with a brick wall...

Seriously, the ONLY THING we know about the new continuity for certain is that Scott and Jean don't die, and Rogue still has her powers and is still in a relationship with Bobby. That's really it. That's ALL the five minute glimpse of the new future shows us. We don't know anything else that happened between Logan getting dredged out of the Potomac and his "original" consciousness waking up again in 2023. That's 50 years of history we know nothing about.

To be honest, I feel like you're so obsessed with lashing out at the idea of the original movies no longer being in continuity that you're blinding yourself to the possibility any arguments that some of the events CAN STILL HAPPEN, even if they don't unfold EXACTLY as before.

It's like arguing with a brick wall...

Seriously, the ONLY THING we know about the new continuity for certain is that Scott and Jean don't die, and Rogue still has her powers and is still in a relationship with Bobby. That's really it. That's ALL the five minute glimpse of the new future shows us. We don't know anything else that happened between Logan getting dredged out of the Potomac and his "original" consciousness waking up again in 2023. That's 50 years of history we know nothing about.

To be honest, I feel like you're so obsessed with lashing out at the idea of the original movies no longer being in continuity that you're blinding yourself to the possibility any arguments that some of the events CAN STILL HAPPEN, even if they don't unfold EXACTLY as before.
    It's been said before too.. that Logan still remembers what happened. Xavier, Beast, Mystique, and Magneto remember being told what would have happened if they didn't fix their acts. The original trilogy is still important. Whether the events played out different the second time around or not.

just saw it and i love it
    my only big issul is that they give Kitty some time power

I mean it's a preference. I don't like reboots or continuity wipes. I didn't like it with Star Trek, or Hulk, or Spiderman, or Robocop, or the upcoming Terminator. And I don't like that X-Men went down that road too.

Yes, it was more organic, and more within the context of the story than those other reboots. In the case of reboots, this one at least makes sense. But I don't like when movies take that route.

And also, for the talk of "Logan remembers"... Does he? The movies are picking up in the post-73 timeline. THAT Logan would NOT remember the original timeline. So it's actually a huge "have your cake and eat it too" by entirely starting over completely, but getting to keep Hugh Jackman.

Logan's memory of the original timeline won't factor in until any potential main trilogy cast sequel, which isn't a certainty.

Whether the Logan in 73 remembers is up for debate. The movie did not answer that question. The Logan we see at the end with Xavier may simply not remember anything because he just woke up and it will take time for his mind to get it's shit together or because at some point between 73 and the time when he wakes up, his mind was wiped again.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Whether the Logan in 73 remembers is up for debate. The movie did not answer that question. The Logan we see at the end with Xavier may simply not remember anything because he just woke up and it will take time for his mind to get it's shit together or because at some point between 73 and the time when he wakes up, his mind was wiped again.
    They made it explicit that only Future!Logan will remember the original timeline. It's most clear in the scene where he encounters Stryker the first time: When his consciousness started returning to the future, Past!Logan had no clue where he was or who were the people he was with. Once he left his past body and returned to the future at the end of the film, the Logan of 1973 will proceed without foreknowledge as will everyone else.

All-New Member

Top 3 BEST THINGS in the DOFP Movie!

1. ??????????
    2. Struggle Against Humanity Finally Done Right
    3. Fun New Characters

James McAvoy favorited my video review. o_O That's right, PROFESSOR F**KING X!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feedback kindly appreciated. I added comic reading recommendations with art from the books. And share the video if you can please so I can keep making more.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    I don't think there's any debate about this. '73 Logan is not going to remember because it didn't happen to him. When he 'woke up' for a split second just after Mystique was shot by Magneto, he had no clue what was going on. The last thing '73 Logan is going to remember is sleeping with the boss's daughter, having a weird dream where he saw a blue monster, and then waking up at the river.
    The movie didn't have to explicitly state this for viewers to figure that out.

The Logan at the end with Xavier only remembers the original timeline and will need to be told the alternate history from 1973 forward.
    Last edited by DennisTheMenace; 05-29-2014 at 12:11 PM.