View Poll Results: Did you see this movie? If so, what did you think?

Voters
389. You may not vote on this poll
  • I saw it and loved it!

308 79.18%
  • I saw it and thought it was just OK. (Please explain.)

60 15.42%
  • I saw it and hated it. (Please explain.)

8 2.06%
  • I refuse to see this in theaters. (Please explain.)

6 1.54%
  • I refuse to see this, period. (Please explain.)

7 1.80%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    "Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Default X-Men: Days of Future Past Movie (SPOILERS)

From the film Wikipedia page:

X-Men: Days of Future Past is an upcoming American superhero film, based on the fictional X-Men characters appearing in Marvel Comics and on the 1981 Uncanny X-Men storyline "Days of Future Past" by Chris Claremont and John Byrne. Directed by Bryan Singer, it is the seventh film in the X-Men film series and the third X-Men film directed by Singer after 2000's X-Men and 2003's X2. It stars an ensemble cast including Hugh Jackman, James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, Halle Berry, Anna Paquin, Ellen Page, Shawn Ashmore, Nicholas Hoult, Peter Dinklage, Ian McKellen, and Patrick Stewart. The story is written by Simon Kinberg, Matthew Vaughn and Jane Goldman, with Kinberg writing the screenplay.

Days of Future Past acts as a sequel to both 2006's X-Men: The Last Stand and 2011's X-Men: First Class, as well as a follow-up to 2013's The Wolverine. Principal photography began in April 2013 in Montreal, Canada and ended in August 2013. The film was shot in 3D and is scheduled to be released on May 23, 2014.

What a long road it's been, X-Men fans.

Carls Jr. this, film director lawsuits that--there's a lot going on with this movie right now as we near its launch in about three weeks (as of this post on the very suddenly scorched-earth CBR forums)! Let's discuss, argue, disagree, agree to disagree, disagree to disagree, remember what we were talking about before it was deleted, and so on!

Poll added.

Last edited by Filthy Mutie; 05-25-2014 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Added poll.

BANNED

I'm so glad we have a new thread to fill with posts about how this will suck.

BANNED

gay agenda : the come-back

Quote Originally Posted by sweetdumbass View Post
    gay agenda : the come-back
    With added misogyny

^The former thread summarized in three posts! Amazing.

I, for what is worth, am excited for this film.

BANNED

I am "delighted" and overwhelmed with joy that my favorite X-Men character Iceman, will be a part of this exuberant and thrilling franchise. I'm equally as thrilled that the original poster has taken interest in creating such a fun and safe haven for us to discuss this exciting movie. :rolleyes:

Last edited by ProfeZZor X; 04-30-2014 at 03:24 PM.

We didn't miss the Kitty Pryde character sheet, have we?

Also, how did you guys get your custom avatars to work? I don't have an option to make one myself
    http://www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com/

My Blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ProfeZZor X View Post
    I am "delighted" and overwhelmed with joy that my favorite X-Men character Iceman, will be a part of this exuberant and thrilling franchise. I'm equally as thrilled that the original poster has taken interest in creating such a fun and safe haven for us to discuss this exciting movie. :rolleyes:

then have COLOSSUS run thru the sentinel shattering it "adapt to that"
    but no lets just keep bobby in the back room only to be killed
    thats my only complaint about this movie
    and petey being killed...which i guess is more of a me hating see it happen rather a complaint
    Last edited by steve2275; 05-25-2014 at 12:14 AM.

How are they going to explain Xavier being alive in the future since Jean killed him that's what I want to know?

Quote Originally Posted by SyncReborn View Post
    How are they going to explain Xavier being alive in the future since Jean killed him that's what I want to know?
    Technically they already did that in Last Stand.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Technically they already did that in Last Stand.
    Then further showed it in Wolverine's Japanese Adventure. I don't recall average movie goers questioning Xavier being alive and Magneto having his powers back. That scene takes place two years after the movie proper, people probably just figure a lot happened.
    http://www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com/

My Blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik

I love how singer said 6-8months ago that he's going to fix things x3 messed up. He brought back Xavier who was dematerialized but Cyclops who's death we didn't see, is getting treated like he never existed. For all we know the phoenix wrapped him in a cocoon or sent him to Egypt and wiped his memory.
    Can't believe this guys won academy awards yet he can't get that Logan's name is James howlett not Logan. But the movie looks promising barring any stupid lines like
    "Mutant and proud"
    The trailer could have done without " I'm the wolverine"we know you're the wolverine you have been for 15 years, that said after reading new wolverine/origins 2-5 last night. It did get me pumped, kinda like no one gets sick of " I'm batman"

Be great to see them just say f it with any sort of canon after apocalypse have cyclops emerge as the phoenix kill everyone destroy the world. Then complete reboot

BANNED

Well, in that case, doesn't seem like it's going to impact it much: http://variety.com/2014/film/news/x-...ut-1201172287/

This is gonna be the best Memorial Day Weekend ever.