View Poll Results: Did you see this movie? If so, what did you think?

Voters
389. You may not vote on this poll
  • I saw it and loved it!

308 79.18%
  • I saw it and thought it was just OK. (Please explain.)

60 15.42%
  • I saw it and hated it. (Please explain.)

8 2.06%
  • I refuse to see this in theaters. (Please explain.)

6 1.54%
  • I refuse to see this, period. (Please explain.)

7 1.80%
Page 31 of 170 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast

Why on earth you guys want the X-men back on Marvel? This movie is just brilliant and million miles away from anything Marvel studios ever produced. Ithink only the Dark Knight can compete with this Masterpiece. I'm so gonna rewatch it in the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSinister View Post
    Why on earth you guys want the X-men back on Marvel? This movie is just brilliant and million miles away from anything Marvel studios ever produced. Ithink only the Dark Knight can compete with this Masterpiece. I'm so gonna rewatch it in the weekend.
    Because the minute something wrong happens, or something someone doesn't agree with happens, the default argument is "Marvel should get the rights back."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Because the minute something wrong happens, or something someone doesn't agree with happens, the default argument is "Marvel should get the rights back."
    The thing is, I'm not sure the X-Men would even work thematically with the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    The thing is, I'm not sure the X-Men would even work thematically with the MCU.
    I don't think so either. At least not with the current X-films.

It would work like how it has worked in the comics for decades (outside of the odd forced inclusion) that the mutant exist in their own little pocket world and don't get involved in too much Marvel Universe stuff, as they don't get involved in their little universe. So nothing will change except for that Wolverine will get a mandatory five minute scene in every single Marvel movie.
    http://www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com/

My Blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JackalsIII View Post
    It would work like how it has worked in the comics for decades (outside of the odd forced inclusion) that the mutant exist in their own little pocket world and don't get involved in too much Marvel Universe stuff, as they don't get involved in their little universe. So nothing will change except for that Wolverine will get a mandatory five minute scene in every single Marvel movie.
    It's more that the X-Men have some very dark themes and Marvel Studios films have generally been happy go lucky, ignoring a lot of integral character beats (Iron Man's alcoholism for example) to appease as many families as possible. With Marvel Studios, Magneto wouldn't be a Holocaust survivor, Wolverine wouldn't be as brutal and they definitely wouldn't tackle something like DoFP.

If Marvel got the rights back then we'd see almost word for word adoption of Whedon's work on Astonishing as the source material since Whedon is one of the primary architechts of the MCU.

Ok maybe not word for word since that was built on prior continuity but we'd still see the same theme, dialogue, etc.
    Last edited by Mahes; 05-22-2014 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Clarity

BANNED

Everyone will have an opinion on this movie and it should be pretty polarizing.
    I felt it was all flash and tried to cram a story into the big "ohhhh, look" moments. Like most Singer films it all falls apart once it gets preachy and Deus Ex'd. The ending is...sorry, I fell asleep halfway through.
    The future X-men are little more than an "Arrow" flash forward and basically a long cameo, and between all the snippets and previews you have seen all of the scenes.
    The First class cast are mostly dead...if they are not in this film they have been axed.
    It was fun to watch as an FX movie and that was about all it did for me...it was NO better than X3, which I liked, but not near as good as First Class was.
    For what it is, it is a decent movie and people should watch it on the big screen for the awe and ooh of the effects, but it is not the second coming of comic film greatness some have made it out to be (IMO) but it is entertaining for the spectacle.
    They need to go back to someone to direct and produce the next sequel...which will happpen because everyone will go to this...once.
    Save your money on the 3D...IMO, not worth it.

Feel disappointed that the power trailers have stopped Right when they were getting good too
    http://www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com/

My Blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik

http://www.metacritic.com/movie/x-me...critic-reviews

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/x_me...f_future_past/

So far, it's received pretty good reviews. 73 is pretty good for metacritic which averages the ratings from critics and it's 92% on rotten tomatoes which just does a binary rating based on whether the critic rated it positively or negatively.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

As for Box Office Expectations, they range from 95 million to 125 million. Either way, the projections are that it will eclipse Winter Soldier & Godzilla which both took home around 90-95 million. So basically, it's set to become the biggest opening of the year thus far.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...w-x-men-706307
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

If you guys don't feel like binge watching the 6 prior movies:

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    It's more that the X-Men have some very dark themes and Marvel Studios films have generally been happy go lucky, ignoring a lot of integral character beats (Iron Man's alcoholism for example) to appease as many families as possible. With Marvel Studios, Magneto wouldn't be a Holocaust survivor, Wolverine wouldn't be as brutal and they definitely wouldn't tackle something like DoFP.
    They've still managed to deal with some dark stuff, just not in a doom and gloom way. They had Tony deal with PTSD, he just remained his snarky self while freaking out. Steve doesn't know what makes him happy, but he goes out and does what needs doing anyway. Bucky/Winter Soldier was bloody tortured for years. Loki was lied to for his whole life by the man he thought was his father.

The Marvel movies aren't perfect. But they've done a great job setting up their universe and they have dealt with darker issues.

For me, individually the first two X movies were good. Three sucked. First Class was okay but doesn't fit.
    It's looking at them as a whole that it falls apart. Each movie has basically been the Logan, Charles, and Erik show. Toss in the two solo movies for Logan and it's just ridiculous. I like Jackman as Logan! But I'm tired of seeing him in the spotlight every. damn. time.

And DoFP continues that trend yet again. It makes it really hard for me to get enthused for this movie.

The only thing I wanted to see in this movie, Wolverine getting everything melted off his skeleton by a Sentinel, probably isn't going to happen. If it does, and I find out about it somehow, I'll actually pay to go see it...

All-New Member

Default What are you most looking forward to in X-Men DOFP Movie?

For me it's the Sentinels. I really hope they get them right onscreen. They have the potential to be the best villain we've seen in an X-Men movie! Seeing it soon!!

Planning on reviewing the movie after I see it, with in depth comic recommendations, along with First Class review. (And check out my ASM movie reviews! Feedback kindly appreciated. )

Last edited by MarvelMovieCritic; 05-22-2014 at 12:25 PM.