View Poll Results: Did you see this movie? If so, what did you think?

Voters
389. You may not vote on this poll
  • I saw it and loved it!

308 79.18%
  • I saw it and thought it was just OK. (Please explain.)

60 15.42%
  • I saw it and hated it. (Please explain.)

8 2.06%
  • I refuse to see this in theaters. (Please explain.)

6 1.54%
  • I refuse to see this, period. (Please explain.)

7 1.80%
Page 120 of 170 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 2536
    BANNED

"X-Men: Days of Future Past crossed $690 million worldwide this weekend. By this time next week, it will be well past $700 million, and it will soon become the highest-grossing movie of 2014 ahead of Captain America: The Winter Soldier ($711 million)."

looks like that boxofficemojo is optimistic too!

So great to see that a quality blockbuster movie is on top of the charts at the moment: 92 % positive reviews on rottentomatoes and 82 % of the jardcore x-men fans in this forum loved it too. That is already quite an achievement!

The Wolverine (minus the last 30 minutes of the movie) & especially X-Men: Days of Future Past proved that the X-Men should not leave the hands of FOX for a long time. I loved Days of Future Past entirely. So much better than every single Marvel movie in the last years. Singer is so amazing handling the x-men franchise. I really hope he will direct Apocalypse as well. I bet they will use the Apocalypse storyline from the cartoon X-Men Evolution. Looking tremendously forward for 2016!

Jean, Cyclops and Storm in the 80s will finally be the X-Men movie we fans all wait for since X2. The focus was truely too much on Prof.X and Magneto (I personally do not understand the Wolverine hate. X1 was as much about him as it was about Rogue but everyone seems to forget this. X2 really seemed to be a team movie and only X3 focused on Wolverine way too much but in the end everything was horrible in X3 and we can add this to the list...Bred Ratner is really such an incompetent douchbag).
    Last edited by Phoenetik; 06-23-2014 at 07:52 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDemon View Post
    That's Star Wars. We're talking about DOFP.
    And it's the case for Star Trek, BattleStar Galactica, insert EVERY OTHER property with an Expanded Universe. If the main property ignores the EU, then the EU is no longer part of canon.

You also have the IN FILM line about Mystique being "a better shot than that", which is a DIRECT reference to the historical information in the viral marketing material (again, which was DESIGNED TO SUPPLEMENT the timeline of the film).

So it's in. It's canon. Deal with it.

Right, because her being a better shot AUTOMATICALLY means he couldn't have been referring to anything other than the Kennedy assassination, and couldn't possibly mean they used to hang out at a shooting range where Mystique was putting up nothing but bull's eyes. It MUST be an oblique reference to an event to which the film NEVER SPENDS ONE SECOND OF RUNNING TIME establishing Mystique was involved in, and you could only possibly understand if you read every bit of marketing material.

If you honestly believe that Singer is ACTUALLY bound by what the marketing department dreamed up to promote the film, then I've got a bridge to sell you.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 06-23-2014 at 10:09 AM.

Which Side Are You On? Invisible Man's Avatar

Saw it and loved it. MVP Mutant Radio reviewed the film on our latest show. We open with a spoiler free discussion for those that haven't seen it before diving into full spoilers during the Shatterdome discussion. MVP closes out the show with some artistic advice and we even offer our Top Five X-Men Moments/Stories (from all media).

Listen online or subscribe on iTunes.

X-Men Days of Future Past review and discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDemon View Post
    That's Star Wars. We're talking about DOFP.

You also have the IN FILM line about Mystique being "a better shot than that", which is a DIRECT reference to the historical information in the viral marketing material (again, which was DESIGNED TO SUPPLEMENT the timeline of the film).

So it's in. It's canon. Deal with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    And it's the case for Star Trek, BattleStar Galactica, insert EVERY OTHER property with an Expanded Universe. If the main property ignores the EU, then the EU is no longer part of canon.

Right, because her being a better shot AUTOMATICALLY means he couldn't have been referring to anything other than the Kennedy assassination, and couldn't possibly mean they used to hang out at a shooting range where Mystique was putting up nothing but bull's eyes. It MUST be an oblique reference to an event to which the film NEVER SPENDS ONE SECOND OF RUNNING TIME establishing Mystique was involved in, and you could only possibly understand if you read every bit of marketing material.

If you honestly believe that Singer is ACTUALLY bound by what the marketing department dreamed up to promote the film, then I've got a bridge to sell you.
    Well I was going to respond to the first quote, but then Ambaryerno came through and did it for me.

Which Side Are You On? Invisible Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    Saw it and loved it. MVP Mutant Radio reviewed the film on our latest show. We open with a spoiler free discussion for those that haven't seen it before diving into full spoilers during the Shatterdome discussion. MVP closes out the show with some artistic advice and we even offer our Top Five X-Men Moments/Stories (from all media).

Listen online or subscribe on iTunes.

X-Men Days of Future Past review and discussion.

Lost ten minutes from the end of the show due to an editing glitch. The complete show has been updated on the RSS feed. Refresh your stream or download the MP3 again.

Lawsuit against Singer has been dropped...

http://www.ctvnews.ca/entertainment/...tive-1.1886618

Quote Originally Posted by Franchise408 View Post
    I don't recall a neck snap, but Magneto does say to Mystique "You used to be a better shot" when she shoots him in the neck.

When was she a better shot?? If she's never killed anyone before, and the 2 of them have been separated for 10 years...
    She snaps a guys neck with her legs, while looking specifically at Stryker. I believe she may have even killed Stryker at this point. When you consider the ending.

So the film, in America, is only 16 million away from topping X3. But it only made 6 million this past weekend, could it do it? It may take thee weeks but I hope it does! Currently ranked at 114 and X3 is ranked at 98 of the highest grossing films. Even if it made 6 million again, it would take quite the jump to 104.
    http://www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com/

My Blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik

702 millions gross i am so happy it will soon be the highest grossing movie of the year. But i think the shitty transformers movie will outgross it i hate Bay he just can't direct a film.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post

Huh? No it hasn't it says the accuser dropped lawsuit against a tv exec. Singer is still on the hook. "Two other lawsuits by Egan are pending against "X-Men" director Bryan Singer and theatre producer Gary Goddard. Both men have denied the allegations."

Unglaublich!

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post

Says the case against Singer is still pending...

Oops. Read that quickly. My apologizes.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    She snaps a guys neck with her legs, while looking specifically at Stryker. I believe she may have even killed Stryker at this point. When you consider the ending.
    She can't have killed Stryker at that point, as she was in the same place at the same time as Stryker at least 2 other times in the movie - once in Paris when she attempts to assassinate Trask, Stryker is the one that shoots her with the electro-darts, and then in the President's safety bunker when she is disguised as secret service, she punches Stryker and takes his gun that she later uses to shoot Magneto with.

Stryker is also on stage with Trask for the Sentinel unveiling while Mystique is in the crowd.

So no, she did not kill Stryker. That scene in Vietnam is still canon with the original timeline. The timeline hadn't been changed yet. So she couldn't have killed Stryker for the simple fact that Stryker was alive in the original timeline.

Also, I don't know if she actually broke the guy's neck with her legs. I know she chokes him out, but as is seen with the Vietnamese officer, she hadn't been killing people yet (he is seen to still be breathing after she chokes him out with her foot). I think she just incapacitates the soldiers in Vietnam. I think that's the point of her interaction with Stryker... she's showing that she is capable and willing to kill, but Havok blasts him away.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MrSinister View Post
    702 millions gross i am so happy it will soon be the highest grossing movie of the year. But i think the shitty transformers movie will outgross it i hate Bay he just can't direct a film.
    where did you get that figure?

I only see: $697,311,155

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    where did you get that figure?

I only see: $697,311,155
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=102613 here.