View Poll Results: Did you see this movie? If so, what did you think?

Voters
389. You may not vote on this poll
  • I saw it and loved it!

308 79.18%
  • I saw it and thought it was just OK. (Please explain.)

60 15.42%
  • I saw it and hated it. (Please explain.)

8 2.06%
  • I refuse to see this in theaters. (Please explain.)

6 1.54%
  • I refuse to see this, period. (Please explain.)

7 1.80%
Page 4 of 170 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

The scene in the end credits of the Wolverine really made me excited for Days of Future Past. There were some articles a couple weeks ago that said that the DOFP preview during the Spider-man credits was what had everyone talking, more so than the spidery movie itself. If reviewers are that excited over a stinger, then I think that bodes well for the movie as a whole.

How are they going to explain Xavier being alive in the future since Jean killed him that's what I want to know?

Quote Originally Posted by SyncReborn View Post
    How are they going to explain Xavier being alive in the future since Jean killed him that's what I want to know?
    Technically they already did that in Last Stand.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Technically they already did that in Last Stand.
    Then further showed it in Wolverine's Japanese Adventure. I don't recall average movie goers questioning Xavier being alive and Magneto having his powers back. That scene takes place two years after the movie proper, people probably just figure a lot happened.
    http://www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com/

My Blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik

Mighty Member

I can't help but think Mystique has been completely rewritten now J Law is playing her. From uber villain to misunderstood anti heroine to the sole leading lady in the X movies.

Who needs Storm, Rogue or Jean now we have Mystique?

All-New Member WATERY, DOMESTIC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    I can't help but think Mystique has been completely rewritten now J Law is playing her. From uber villain to misunderstood anti heroine to the sole leading lady in the X movies.

i really want more x ladies in these movies. as many as possible without it getting all Last Stand overload

Mighty Member

Me too, but the star status of the actors playing the characters is what counts. I suspect the only way we'll get to see the others now is if they cast bigger stars. Whuch is a pity, because although I've never liked Berry's Storm, I would have liked to see what Paquin could have done with Rogue given half a chance. And Janssen was a terrific Jean.

All-New Member WATERY, DOMESTIC's Avatar

although I've never liked Berry's Storm, I would have liked to see what Paquin could have done with Rogue given half a chance. And Janssen was a terrific Jean.
    i wonder what the reasoning was to not really develop rogue as a character all

I am really excited about DoFP, no matter what people say. I am a fan of the X-Men movies, I loved X2, I liked X-Men, I really liked First Calss, I didn't like Last Stand, I hated Origin and utterly enjoyed Wolverine. I have great hopes and expectations for this installment but my fears are as great. I just hope Singer doesn't screw this up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Goddess View Post
    As if.

And no Filthy Mutie = no DoFP thread.

Please close this until he returns to bathe us all in his filth.

Also, DakenGirl is back! Now I can read threads and enjoy them concurrently!
    G_I_R_L I only just saw this. So glad you're here too! The post apocalyptic smoke seems to be clearing a little but the destruction is still hard to cope with. I feel like we're all survivors tottering around in the bombed out ruins looking for familiar faces. So glad yours is one of them.

Saw my first television ad today, movie still looks pretty great. Could do without the whole 'I'm a princess. I'm the Wolverine" as I can already tell that is going to be in every commercial.
    http://www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com/

My Blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik

It's sad they don't develop more the female leading ladies in the X-Movie universe....i mean the Storm, Emma and Rogue were completely out of character, Jean was in the right direction but was poorly used as Phoenix, Kitty was fine but only appeared in the third movie and Psylocke was a complete joke. It's time they let the more complex and powerful characters in the X-Universe shine.

BANNED

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...oD2e1TO7F8dk7p

Some great powerhouse acting by McAvoy and Fassbender. And they're definitely still playing up the more-than-just-friends vibes from First Class. I guess CharlesxErik will be the Tumblr fodder that Loki is for the Avengers.

Be warned though, the clip explains why Xavier walks again, so don't watch it if you want to stay unspoiled.

Ultimate Member

A new DOFP clip featuring Mystique, Trask, and Stryker:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=99124

I love you Jennifer and Mystique is back to her butt kicking ways. Also, is Mystique punking Stryker going to become a running gag in these movies (she did it in X2 as well), because I'm completely ok with that?

Ultimate Member

Well Mystique in the comics is a pretty complex/multi-dimensional character, at least when she's written well. And you don't cast a great actress like Jennifer Lawrence and then have her play a mostly silent henchwoman. It's a waste of her talents.