View Poll Results: Did you see this movie? If so, what did you think?

Voters
389. You may not vote on this poll
  • I saw it and loved it!

308 79.18%
  • I saw it and thought it was just OK. (Please explain.)

60 15.42%
  • I saw it and hated it. (Please explain.)

8 2.06%
  • I refuse to see this in theaters. (Please explain.)

6 1.54%
  • I refuse to see this, period. (Please explain.)

7 1.80%
Page 5 of 170 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WATERY, DOMESTIC View Post
    i wonder what the reasoning was to not really develop rogue as a character all
    That's the thing, it did seem like she was developing for awhile. She was much more assertive/confidant in X2 and more comfortable using her powers. Then in X3, she regressed terribly as a character.

My expectations for this movie are very low. The plot seems really muddled and there are way, way too many characters.

That said, I only watch superhero movies for the action, and this movie looks to have some fantastic action scenes.

I feel like people are being very pissimistic about this movie. The effects look great and the story line looks interesting enough for a movie, lengthwise. I'm really looking forward to seeing how everthing plays out especially considering it's after Avatar for Fox's most expensive film in their history.
    I don't care! I'll start my own group. Rejection from society is what started the X-men.

I'm remaining optimistic about this film. I thought First Class was going to be poo but it pleasantly surprised me.

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

So yeah, I'm disappointed that instead of using time travel to resolve the contradictions between the two series, they are just pretending like First Class is a prequel to X-Men and ignoring them.

I also think it's a wasted opportunity to no reset the timeline at the end and restart the franchise with a new canon and actors. They wouldn't even have to spend as much time on an origin, but just introduce the changes through the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Well Mystique in the comics is a pretty complex/multi-dimensional character, at least when she's written well. And you don't cast a great actress like Jennifer Lawrence and then have her play a mostly silent henchwoman. It's a waste of her talents.
    It's a bigger waste to have a character like Rogue and NOT even use half of her potential...

Ultimate Member

True, but one has nothing to do with the other in this case.

Amazing Member

I didn't watch First Class until it came out on DVD, and I love it. Some stuff I'm not a fan of. Mainly the way Shaw was put into the story, but overall I enjoy the movie. I'm looking forward to DOFP. I think it looks great, and I'm not going to compare it to the comic series. You really can't, in my opinion. It's a different time and a different medium.

I love how singer said 6-8months ago that he's going to fix things x3 messed up. He brought back Xavier who was dematerialized but Cyclops who's death we didn't see, is getting treated like he never existed. For all we know the phoenix wrapped him in a cocoon or sent him to Egypt and wiped his memory.
    Can't believe this guys won academy awards yet he can't get that Logan's name is James howlett not Logan. But the movie looks promising barring any stupid lines like
    "Mutant and proud"
    The trailer could have done without " I'm the wolverine"we know you're the wolverine you have been for 15 years, that said after reading new wolverine/origins 2-5 last night. It did get me pumped, kinda like no one gets sick of " I'm batman"

Be great to see them just say f it with any sort of canon after apocalypse have cyclops emerge as the phoenix kill everyone destroy the world. Then complete reboot

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...oD2e1TO7F8dk7p

Some great powerhouse acting by McAvoy and Fassbender. And they're definitely still playing up the more-than-just-friends vibes from First Class. I guess CharlesxErik will be the Tumblr fodder that Loki is for the Avengers.

Be warned though, the clip explains why Xavier walks again, so don't watch it if you want to stay unspoiled.
    I need to see the full scene now >_>

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    I need to see the full scene now >_>
    so Banshee, Emma, Azazzel and Angel died sometime between first class and DFOFP? Pitty. I was hoping to see more of Emma and Banshee in X-men Apocalypse.

Wolverine vs Bestia

X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST - Official "You Abandoned Us All" Movie Clip #3 (2014) [HD]

Quote Originally Posted by MrSinister View Post
    so Banshee, Emma, Azazzel and Angel died sometime between first class and DFOFP? Pitty. I was hoping to see more of Emma and Banshee in X-men Apocalypse.
    He never states what happened to them. All it's implied is that it wasn't something good for them. If they want to use them again at some point they can just state they were captured in a later installment.