Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I don’t think anyone ever told Rosenberg that a story can be dark but if you just keep piling it on with no semblance of light or a turning point where things start to go in the other direction, the audience is gonna become apathetic. Like we’ve definitely hit dark and depressing for the sake of dark and depressing rather than telling a good story.
    One of my personal favorite tropes: Darkness Induced Audience Apathy. When everything is hopeless and there is no chance for the heroes to win, why should the audience care?

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    After last issue, i think that they are just one more push before the hate sex start
    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    yeah. give the gay sex we are craving for
    That'll definitely cause some stir & raise sales at the same time. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Yeah, but if there's one thing that has been consistent at Marvel this last few years is that X-men characters are better used outside the X-office.
    Agreed. Sunspot, Storm, Emma, and Creed have all been recent showings of this. It's like the X-Office take some of their characters for granted and don't bother using some to full accurate potential. But writers who don't get the use them all the time are sure to make better stories for them.

I can't imagine Sunspot is dead since Hickman is coming to the books & Sunspot is one of his favorites that he's spent some good time developing. But you just never know when it comes to what editorial will allow with writers & projects. Hickman is getting a good bit of hype here. And chances are he'll be given some freedom to stretch his wings a bit. He probably certainly won't be bogged down by editorial like Bunn was. But that doesn't mean Hickman will always 100% get his way. So Sunspot is a 50/50 on the dead or alive scale. I suppose we'll know for sure in Uncanny X-Men War of Realms 3. Just as shame having to wait that long.

There's a chance that Magik, Hope and Chamber aren't telling the rest of the team that they ran into Roberto during War of the Realms.

We don't really know what he's doing in the sewers, maybe he's protecting mutantkind from the shadows and doesn't want people to know he's alive

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    That'll definitely cause some stir & raise sales at the same time. lol

Agreed. Sunspot, Storm, Emma, and Creed have all been recent showings of this. It's like the X-Office take some of their characters for granted and don't bother using some to full accurate potential. But writers who don't get the use them all the time are sure to make better stories for them.
    Even today you have Cyclops in the Champions as a good example of this. Seems to me that writers outside the X-books want to use them for them, while writers and editors in the X-books use them to serve some story and/or push some agenda.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    There's a chance that Magik, Hope and Chamber aren't telling the rest of the team that they ran into Roberto during War of the Realms.

We don't really know what he's doing in the sewers, maybe he's protecting mutantkind from the shadows and doesn't want people to know he's alive
    I hope that’s the case. It would suck and be a pointless death. I hate to be that guy but the New Mutants in general have never truly got their due. They kind of got stuck in a weird rut and never really were allowed to develop. At least in the X Office.