Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Well, it's better than Chuck Austen's, at least.
    For me, it's the best run since Chris Claremont.

The spotlight on the New Mutants helps a lot.

None of the previous writers gave a damn on most of the New Mutants except for Cannonball and Magik.

Along with the good art from Salvador and great art from Carlos
    Last edited by jalsrix; 04-26-2019 at 05:48 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Now this book reminds me of Chuck's Avengers. You know the one. Not great, not terrible, and only ran for a bit until the hot superstar writer came with the pizza and the relaunches. Shucks.
    Don't get your hopes high on Hickman, it might turn out the same way as Disassembled i.e. overhyped.

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post

The spotlight on the New Mutants helps a lot. None of the previous writers gave a damn on most of the New Mutants except for Cannonball and Magik.
    that's true, the focus on the new mutants it's much appreciated and long overdue imo
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I think I'm just gonna have to give up on Uncanny until the the next creative team.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Great preview. I can totally buy Wolverine getting his suits of dead people. That probably is normal for him.

And am I the only one wondering where Alex got such a fancy car?
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Disassembled was hyped but they were Brisson, Rosenberg and Thompson.

House / Powers of X is Hickman.

Is not the same.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

The spotlight on the New Mutants helps a lot.

None of the previous writers gave a damn on most of the New Mutants except for Cannonball and Magik.

Along with the good art from Salvador and great art from Carlos
    He killed Rahne off-panel and Karma is wallpaper. Also introduced 300 suplots that were mostly solved off-panel. I think you're settling for too little, but, hey, if you're enjoying, good for ya.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

This art had me like...

download.jpg
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Kwannon's look is atrocious. They really missed the chance to give her a unique visual.
    Completely agree.

I am very excited she's back and can't wait to see her and Betsy interact again back in their own bodies.

But they really missed the opportunity to create her an unique look. The mask and hood look fine on her, but they really don't go well with the swimsuit, which doesn't look right with the catsuit underneath.

I hope at least her hair is back being black.
    A picture would last longer darling...

This book has too many characters. It almost feels as if Rosenberg needs two books to spread them out and flesh out the plots. Double shipping isnt helping

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Completely agree.

I am very excited she's back and can't wait to see her and Betsy interact again back in their own bodies.

But they really missed the opportunity to create her an unique look. The mask and hood look fine on her, but they really don't go well with the swimsuit, which doesn't look right with the catsuit underneath.

I hope at least her hair is back being black.
    Psylocke's was often black so that wouldnt make her unique

That's not Betsy's old body, it's her original Japanese body.

Her original powers according to wiki is just an intuitive empath with Ninja skills.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revanc...ics)#Abilities

Only when Kwannon inhabited Betsy's original body that she gained telepathic ability.

Rosenberg certainly didn't do his homework.
    Nope, its you that didnt

I only read the original Chris Claremont's issues and the few issues after that about Kwannon in X-Men vol 2 issue 30s.

As far as I know, Betsy switched bodies with Kwannon so most of the time Betsy was inside Kwannon's body and vice versa. I haven't read any issue where Kwannon's body was incinerated.

It was Kwannon in Betsy's original body who died due to the virus. So Betsy's original body was dead and NOT Kwannon's original body.

you talk about definitives alot on plots you admit you've never read. As mentioned, Kwannon's original body was destroyed years ago and Psylocke hasnt been in it for quite some time now
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-26-2019 at 09:56 AM.

Does OG Betsy Body still rockin' the MoJo Eyes?? Or did her brother Mikhail....er....Jamie fix that when he revived his sister??

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Does OG Betsy Body still rockin' the MoJo Eyes?? Or did her brother Mikhail....er....Jamie fix that when he revived his sister??
    If you talking about Betsy's current body, then no she no longer has Mojo camera eyes as she rebuilt her own body to suit her. None of the bodies have had cameras since Kwannon gauged them out and sent them back to Betsy back in the day.

Logan doesn't want to get people involved, yet takes Kwannon who if I recall doesn't have any reason to avenge Rahne. Alex, as whiny as he is, should be allowed to go after Rahne's killers.

Quote Originally Posted by darkblue View Post
    Logan doesn't want to get people involved, yet takes Kwannon who if I recall doesn't have any reason to avenge Rahne. Alex, as whiny as he is, should be allowed to go after Rahne's killers.
    apparently he is the only one allowed to savor vengeance, he is basically the same the same hypocrite moron who gutted rachel because killing Selene was wroooooong.......
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Remember when the New Mutants went to "see about" weirdo Larry Bodine just for prank calling Stevie Hunter? Rhane was down to go full moon werewolf on his ass