Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 94
  1. #76
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I just skimmed 5 pages to see if anyone had the correct answer. I found it in the very last post.

    Zatanna is the most dangerous member of the League.
    Yes thinking back at the Dr. Light Mind-Wipe for example....

    She could theoretically also just kill ALMOST everyone by just saying it or?

  2. #77
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    55

    Default

    martian manhunter, if they doesn't put a limit or weakness to him , kelly jla 'trial by fire' storyline shows how powerful he can be...



    thoughts is quicker than words , martian manhunter would turn zatanna's brains inside out before she can form a spell,

  3. #78
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Flash... time travel alone is enough to make him a top contender for the title of the most dangerous (even if he can't do that at the point of time I'm saying this.) Then throw all the other stuff he can do on top of that. Only other people I'd put up there would be Superman and Martian Manhunter but... I think manipulating the time stream is on a whole different level.

  4. #79
    Boisterously Confused
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    The Flash - easily.
    He would wipe out the JLA before they realised the fight had even begun.
    Except for maybe that pesky Kryptonian.

  5. #80
    Astonishing Member kjn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    2,612

    Default

    Wonder Woman took out Batman, Superman, Flash (Wally), Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, and Green Lantern (Kyle) using non-lethal means in JLA: A League of One. And after that she had to face her real battle…
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

  6. #81
    Mighty Member LordMikel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,174

    Default

    Plastic Man.

    He went toe to toe against Martian Manhunter in JLA.
    Once disguised himself as clothing for Barda. Could you imagine doing that to the Flash.
    “A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.”
    ― Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless


    "That's the problem with our opposition – they keep thinking nobody could possibly be as stupid as we are. Fools 'em every time."
    ―Lando Calrissian[src]

  7. #82
    Mighty Member MoneySpider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,096

    Default

    I could have sworn in some form of media that Zatanna was defeated by a piece of tape over her mouth.
    Blue Marvel - Man of Marvels
    Storm - Goddess of the Elements
    Black Panther - King of Wakanda/King of the Dead
    Vixen - Queen of the Red

  8. #83
    Uncanny King-Kamalu lemonpeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    the internet
    Posts
    1,299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    I could have sworn in some form of media that Zatanna was defeated by a piece of tape over her mouth.
    That's generally how she's taken down, someone just covers her mouth or does something that makes it hard for her to get the words out. If a Lantern stops the oxygen from reaching her brain, Superman or The Flash reach her before she can utter a word, Martian Manhunter plucks the words from her mind or anything like that, she's pretty boned.
    Duke's a fine character, you guys are just hungry... (respect thread)

    John Stewart is my Lantern.

    DC: Batman and the Outsiders, Justice League, Naomi, Teen Titans, Deathstroke, The Flash, Justice League Odyssey, Doomsday Clock

    Marvel: Immortal Hulk, Miles Morales: Spiderman, Black Panther, Ironheart, Cosmic Ghost Rider etc., Moon Girl, Avengers

    Anticipated titles: Far Sector, Love Army*, The Other History of DC*

  9. #84
    Spectacular Member Superfan90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    212

    Default

    Flash or Martian Manhunter are one arc wonder. Jonn has trial by fire and is useless most of the time.

    Superman or Batman are the only answers for this question.

  10. #85
    Spectacular Member Superfan90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    martian manhunter, if they doesn't put a limit or weakness to him , kelly jla 'trial by fire' storyline shows how powerful he can be...



    thoughts is quicker than words , martian manhunter would turn zatanna's brains inside out before she can form a spell,
    Yeah, one arc and somehow that's the only thing that matters now. Forget rest of the times where Superman has to rescue him.

  11. #86
    Uncanny King-Kamalu lemonpeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    the internet
    Posts
    1,299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    Superman or Batman are the only answers for this question.
    Yeah, one arc and somehow that's the only thing that matters now. Forget rest of the times where Superman has to rescue him.
    Eh, to be fair unlike Superman who by virtue of his character has to be consistently to be showcased as the pinnacle of power, MM and The Flash's abilities are in that realm where if they were to be consistently shown using their ability in that manner there wouldn't be a story. The Trail by Fire arc is significant because it demonstrates what Martian Manhunter would do if he wasn't as docile and empathetic as he is. Mind you, when you read that arc it kinda didn't matter if he was vulnerable to fire or not considering how handedly he washed everyone on the League. Hell, in canon Superman on multiple occasions has pointed out that Martian Manhunter his as dangerous or more dangerous than he is.

    Also, Batman? C'mon son...I love Batman, but part of that comes from knowing that he isn't remotely capable of being seriously considered dangerous in the presence of his colleagues. If a royal rumble popped off out of nowhere in the Hall of Justice, Bruce is fleeing or dying or both; he's only dangerous to the League as a whole if he catches them by surprise.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 06-09-2019 at 10:53 PM.
    Duke's a fine character, you guys are just hungry... (respect thread)

    John Stewart is my Lantern.

    DC: Batman and the Outsiders, Justice League, Naomi, Teen Titans, Deathstroke, The Flash, Justice League Odyssey, Doomsday Clock

    Marvel: Immortal Hulk, Miles Morales: Spiderman, Black Panther, Ironheart, Cosmic Ghost Rider etc., Moon Girl, Avengers

    Anticipated titles: Far Sector, Love Army*, The Other History of DC*

  12. #87
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,726

    Default

    As I understand recent events, probably Wally West?

  13. #88
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    That's generally how she's taken down, someone just covers her mouth or does something that makes it hard for her to get the words out. If a Lantern stops the oxygen from reaching her brain, Superman or The Flash reach her before she can utter a word, Martian Manhunter plucks the words from her mind or anything like that, she's pretty boned.
    Yes, BUT THATS A WHAT IF!!!!

    You could also say that Zatanna transforms something into Kryptonite and stabs Superman with it, implants Kryptonite in his Heart or so....

    You can always say what if, but if you are serious and she does it when the other ones doesnt expect it, she is unbeatable...

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    Flash or Martian Manhunter are one arc wonder. Jonn has trial by fire and is useless most of the time.

    Superman or Batman are the only answers for this question.
    No Zatanna is the only answer...

    You LOGICALLY can ALWAYS say WHAT IF....
    But if you think logically and she does it unexpectedly, then she is the only one...

    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Eh, to be fair unlike Superman who by virtue of his character has to be consistently to be showcased as the pinnacle of power, MM and The Flash's abilities are in that realm where if they were to be consistently shown using their ability in that manner there wouldn't be a story. The Trail by Fire arc is significant because it demonstrates what Martian Manhunter would do if he wasn't as docile and empathetic as he is. Mind you, when you read that arc it kinda didn't matter if he was vulnerable to fire or not considering how handedly he washed everyone on the League. Hell, in canon Superman on multiple occasions has pointed out that Martian Manhunter his as dangerous or more dangerous than he is.

    Also, Batman? C'mon son...I love Batman, but part of that comes from knowing that he isn't remotely capable of being seriously considered dangerous in the presence of his colleagues. If a royal rumble popped off out of nowhere in the Hall of Justice, Bruce is fleeing or dying or both; he's only dangerous to the League as a whole if he catches them by surprise.
    It matters how you see the question:

    If you say unexpected, then Zatanna....Because she seems to be nice etc. but if you are really thinking about how powerful she is, then she can take everyone down, when they DONT expect it...

    Just use Kryptonite,Fire for Superman and Martian Manhunter...

  14. #89
    Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Your mum's place
    Posts
    1,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Except for maybe that pesky Kryptonian.
    Clark and Diana are fast, but Wally (or Barry) are just THAT much faster.
    To see how they'd take down Superman, read Morrison's first story arc on JLA.
    What works on a Martian applies just as well on a Kryptonian.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

  15. #90
    Mighty Member Killerbee911's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,805

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    Flash or Martian Manhunter are one arc wonder. Jonn has trial by fire and is useless most of the time.

    Superman or Batman are the only answers for this question.
    Batman is nowhere even close to be in this convo. Batman no contingency for F**K it. That is when hero like Superman,Captain Atom or Martian Manhunter go well f*ck it. What exactly Batman going to against a Superman who decide I am going to destroy earth by throwing meteors at it? What is Batman going to against Captain Atom shows up go nuclear wipes out Gotham and flies away and keeps doing that everywhere on earth? What is Batman going to against whole world where everyone is brainwashed by Martian Manhunter as sleep agents? Batgod thing is nice to keep him useful in stories but dude who got his back broken Bane and legs and arms Broken by Lex is not in this convo

    As mentioned by another person Superman is the poster child for DC and the hero who is allowed to regularly perform at his peak level. But when seeing other heroes when they get to perform at top some of us go Superman might not be disputed best. Now MM of course a wider variety of powers does not mean stronger but it does make you wonder. Why in the world character with best Stalker powerset(Invisibility,Intangibility, Shape shifting and mind control) in comics fight anybody head to head. So let's be clear so Superman can probably ONLY beat MM in straight up fight and we can argument for MM has a chance in that area. While MM can

    1. Impersonate or Mind control president and leaders. Order Superman off of the planet or give an order other superheroes to kill him legally .

    2. MM can mind screw Superman ala "Injustice" or "Old man logan" have him kill friends and family.

    3. MM can sleeper cell people to kill Superman think the people close to trying to kill you

    4. MM can go intangible to solid in his vitals or shapeshift to form that can go inside of your body

    5.MM can guerrilla telepathically attack Superman and remember Stalker moveset (Invisibility,Intangibility, Shape shifting and mind control) Superman is never going to find him because telepathy and actual invisibility make someone impossible to track.

    But hey victory is only measured in Superman can out punch everything right? not MM can read your mind,find out everyone you care about, then make everyone you love kills themselves drive you crazy. We see most dangerous as different things what if Jean Grey (high level telepathy and Telekinesis), Mr. Fantastic(Malleability), Kitty Pryde(Phasing),Mrs Fantastic(Invisibility) Morph(Shape shifting) Wolverine (enhanced senses and Regen) were combined into one character then somebody says hey that not good enough you should also give him Superman powerset( Super speed and Strength,Heat Vision). I will just say a Evil Martian Manhunter story is far scarier than Evil Superman story.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •