Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Who is the most dangerous member of the Justice League?

I got to thinking that the normal order of Superman Wonder Woman etc etc may the most powerful when all the Justice League members are playing nice, but who on paper is the most dangerous?

Flash. He’s hilariously broken when a writer who understands how he works gets their hands on him. Guys like Zoom have wrecked the Trinity without breaking a sweat.

On paper, the Flash or Green Lantern if they're smart enough to really do what the ring is supposedly able to do.

Batman as the joke answer .

Superman, Flash, and Green Lantern without their morality and inhibitions would probably be the most dangerous individuals on the planet Earth or even the universe.

Captain Atom too, with his powerset.

Snapper Carr?

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Flash.
    Let a fool writer or editor get ahold and mangle The Flash/A Flash and a whole fandom can get destroyed. *phfft* *spits to the side*
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    I got to thinking that the normal order of Superman Wonder Woman etc etc may the most powerful when all the Justice League members are playing nice, but who on paper is the most dangerous?
    I'd say Booster Gold.

Astonishing Member

There is a very good reason the big jl stories and events are never about Wally or Barry going rogue without ability inhibiting mind control involved. Even excluding time travel, it is famously hard to write speedsters because of how logically effective they should be.

Superman for more metatextual reasons.
    Last edited by Dred; 04-25-2019 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Batman as the joke answer .

Superman, Flash, and Green Lantern without their morality and inhibitions would probably be the most dangerous individuals on the planet Earth or even the universe.

Captain Atom too, with his powerset.
    Batman with prep time beats God himself.

I say an unhinged Superman who isn't holding back and without morality.

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

On paper it's Superman. But it's been proven time and time again that Batman is the most dangerous. He acts the most unethically, has plans to destroy all of his teammates, and is a total crazy person.

Maybe Martian Manhunter? He has a variety of high level powers.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I’d say Martian Manhunter who, technically, is more powerful than Superman or Wonder Woman.

As for the joke answer, definitely Batgod.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

On paper? Probably J'onn or Clark. Possibly Flash, depending on which Flash we're talking about (Waid/Morrison-era Speedgod Wally tops basically everyone. That guy was scary as hell)

J'onn likely should get culled from consideration given his weakness to fire. That makes his challenge rating drop considerably, but he's still got a counter to virtually anything the rest of the League can throw at him. Telepathy, invisibility and intangibility make for a seriously OP powerset, and that's barely a third of what J'onn is capable of. Unfortunately for him, all it takes is a zippo to take him down.

Clark's just a total and utter beast who always manages to find that little bit of extra effort when he needs it, and he's already the strongest mutha there is. When written properly there isn't a Leaguer on earth who can really go toe-to-toe with him. And if you include the vast arsenal of weapons and technology he keeps in the Fortress he'd be totally unstoppable. I mean, he's tough enough as it is but if he decided to actually use the crap he keeps in storage? He could take down the entire heroic community before they had a chance to sh*t their pants. Hell, he accidentally sent millions of people to the Phantom Zone while conducting an experiment. Imagine the damage he could do if he actually tried?

Flash most definitely deserves consideration too, and he's gotta be about as dangerous as Clark, but he lacks the invulnerability that would really set him over the line for me. Yes, between his raw speed and his kinetic tricks it's damn hard for anyone to touch him but there's heroes out there who're capable of it, and Flash lacks additional powers to cover the weak spots his speed can't account for.

Batman shouldn't even be a contender for this. If you've got Batman brawling with gods and superhumans you're using Batman wrong.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Martian Manhunter.
    The fire vulnerability is most likely a ruse he's kept up so his teammates wouldn't be terrified of him.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Astonishing Member

Captain Atom is so underated.