Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

The Burning Martian arc showed what would happen if J’onn’s powers were unleashed. Pretty scary.

BANNED

theoretically it should be firestorm who can manipulate laws of physics quite casually through molecular manipulation followed by Jonn who can strike telepathically without being detected and even in the vicinity of his Target. Dr Fate and Zattana also come to mind.
    However according to superman it's Batman and you can't argue with Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    theoretically it should be firestorm who can manipulate laws of physics quite casually through molecular manipulation followed by Jonn who can strike telepathically without being detected and even in the vicinity of his Target. Dr Fate and Zattana also come to mind.
    However according to superman it's Batman and you can't argue with Superman.
    I think that Batman is the most dangerous when we aren't talking about a fight.

The guy probably has the plans and means to take down his teammates before they even know what's coming (it's probably what the BWL did to his Justice League Universe, even taking into account that he was born from Prime Bruce's fear of him going down this road, and thus couldn't lose on his world), but if **** hits the fan and he then has to react ? Well, he should be toast.

Superman should be the ultimate danger on Earth if he went rogue, barring some crazy ass-pulls, such as a Doomsday Virus strain able to transform humans into Doomsday-like beings instead of killing them.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I think that Batman is the most dangerous when we aren't talking about a fight.

The guy probably has the plans and means to take down his teammates before they even know what's coming (it's probably what the BWL did to his Justice League Universe, even taking into account that he was born from Prime Bruce's fear of him going down this road, and thus couldn't lose on his world), but if **** hits the fan and he then has to react ? Well, he should be toast.

Superman should be the ultimate danger on Earth if he went rogue, barring some crazy ass-pulls, such as a Doomsday Virus strain able to transform humans into Doomsday-like beings instead of killing them.
    On the other hand, the entire JL attacked Batman by surprise and he beat all of them in Endgame because, well, Batman is stupid.

Ultimate Member

It depends on the situation.

In a stand up fight, someone like Superman or Captain Marvel/Shazam is a beast, and Captain Atom or Firestorm could thin the herd with a nuclear explosion.

But if they are *secretly* planning on taking down the team? Martian Manhunter with his telepathy could sow some dissension and beat up the survivors. Dr. Fate could use magic to curse or transform many of the team and, again, beat up the survivors (or summon someone like Trigon to handle the light work, giving him a 'day pass' to the Earth dimension to soften it up). Flash goes first, and wins against most of them. Booster Gold goes back in time and kills almost everyone's parents...

There's a lot of freakily dangerous people (mostly men, as chance would have it) on that team. Even lower powered characters like Mr. Miracle or Adam Strange or Batman can get into places where they should not be able to and / or access tech way above their weight level to blow up entire teams.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Superman is the most powerful.

Aquaman is the most powerful Earthling.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 05-04-2019 at 09:54 AM.

G'nort?

it really depends.

everybody plays nice, but when someone goes crazy and goes all out...

the league is filled with uber powerful members...

Whoever the writer wants it to be.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 05-03-2019 at 07:50 AM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Whoever the writer wants it to be.
    This. The end.

*But seriously, it's Superman*

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

According to Morrison, Batman.
    According to any story where anyone is brainwashed, Superman.
    According to any world crisis, The Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Clark's just a total and utter beast who always manages to find that little bit of extra effort when he needs it, and he's already the strongest mutha there is. When written properly there isn't a Leaguer on earth who can really go toe-to-toe with him. And if you include the vast arsenal of weapons and technology he keeps in the Fortress he'd be totally unstoppable. I mean, he's tough enough as it is but if he decided to actually use the crap he keeps in storage? He could take down the entire heroic community before they had a chance to sh*t their pants. Hell, he accidentally sent millions of people to the Phantom Zone while conducting an experiment. Imagine the damage he could do if he actually tried?
    You damn right. My boy CK is not only ridiculous in the sheer power and speed department, he's also insanely well equipped - and just usually doesn't use 99% of the equipment at his disposal. He could practically be a Super-Batman, but what would be the point? He doesn't need all his salvaged alien gear or Kryptonian tech when his powers and natural situational resourcefulness are so capable on their own!

Additionally, the Phantom Zone incident (as much as I'll never love that comic) is a really good point. When saying "dangerous", I'm not just considering "if they tried to cause damage," I'm also considering how spectacular their failures are. Brainiac Five would lose to probably any other member of the Legion in a straight fight, and against many of the stronger or quicker-witter ones even with most of his regularly used gadgets - but no other Legionaire has ever created COMPUTO or Omega! He's indirectly responsible for killing Triplicate Girl! Now that's dangerous!

And because of the screw-ups factor, I'm going to have to disagree with your argument for Bruce, regardless of the fact that I agree with every word of this sentence:

If you've got Batman brawling with gods and superhumans you're using Batman wrong.
    All totally true!

But he tends toward the most spectacular screw-ups of the JLA, as far as I know. Brother Eye, the Tower of Babel, the way he recklessly pressed ahead at the prospect of resurrecting Kal in the live action movie regardless of potential complications and thus got the entire League's asses kicked by a confused, out-of-it Superman... And I'm very sympathetic to his point of view in that movie, but he's straight up channeling Boromir, with the allegedly chaotic Mother Box standing in for the One Ring. Probably should've been Father Boxes but like whatever. It did work out, but every new piece of information about the absolutely-terrible-sounding Zack Snyder masterplan that never came to fruition indicates that in the movie-unmade, Kal wound up under the influence of Anti-Life and absolutely wrecking the world, just as in Bruce's stupid nightmare from BvS, and if Bruce was still the driving force behind Kal's resurrection then that makes it all his fault.

I actually really like Batman in Justice League, and one reason for that is that you get the sense he really couldn't hold his own in a fight with Steppenwolf, or even more than a couple of Parademons in a straight fight - but he's still got a tremendous force of personality and a propensity for mad gambits that might not work, on an absolutely grand scale.

With all that in mind, as well as, you know, his particularly destructive and horrific failures from the comics, I'd legitimately consider Bruce a contender for "Most Dangerous," not because he could win any fight, but in spite of the fact that he really can't.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

Most powerful --- Superman, Based on comics constantly mentioning it
    Most dangerous? Not sure, I mean Supes when he go all out is a beast but actually not scaring since mostly he wouldn't torturing people even when he turned to villain
    Martian Manhunter, His abilities made him really fearful but always a jobber due to plot, For example in GOG WARS he been one-shotted by Preus with just one blackfire vision( Similar to Sueps HV)
    Batman, His plot armor and his intelligence combined with his persona surely frightening, But he still just a human which you can see in many comics that he been troubled by many normally circumstances( Like in New Teen Titans Spotlight he was knocked out by thugs)
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Batman has plot armor out the wazoo. And making plans to take out his friends, without telling them, makes him the douchiest.

Superman is tough, but the only times he's dangerous are when it involves say, Doomsday or Darkseid, or Elseworlds (like Injustice). Otherwise, his personality holds him back from being labeled "dangerous".

Diana is a similar boat as Superman. Her love and compassion makes her "too good", so to speak. Barring, once again, Elseworld versions like Injustice.

J'onn, being an Empath, makes him too sympathetic to most people.

Green Lanterns, well, their whole thing is overcoming fear and do their best to help others.

Aquaman, he's more concerned with bridging the surface world with Atlantis than trying to intimidate people (unless he had reason to do so).

Barry... Actually, I think we may have a winner. Why? Time travel, Flashpoint, screwing with history, screwing with alternate worlds, opened the gateway for a naked blue reality warper,...

Astonishing Member

The manhunter from Mars

So many choices for him from such a power set