Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

The Martian is the most dangerous, They have to make him fight like an idiot for him to be beatable. How do you beat a invisible intangible telepath that if you force him out state oh yeah He is about Superman level.Manhunter has zero reason to fight against anyone directly. He is best hit and run/ guerilla style fighter around with the back up he is near superman level physically.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    The Martian is the most dangerous, They have to make him fight like an idiot for him to be beatable. How do you beat a invisible intangible telepath that if you force him out state oh yeah He is about Superman level.Manhunter has zero reason to fight against anyone directly. He is best hit and run/ guerilla style fighter around with the back up he is near superman level physically.
    Not to mention he can shapeshift into anyone, including your loved ones, and catch you completely unaware.

There's a reason the White Martians, who are basically evil J'onn's, are a major League threat.

Martian Manhunter, he's an apocalypse scenario in a cape. He's too powerful to be written competently, that's a dangerous being. Trail by Fire shows how dangerous he is unrestrained; the only one who actually beat him was himself.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    The Burning Martian arc showed what would happen if J’onn’s powers were unleashed. Pretty scary.
    What was that from?

I also think J'onn.

Quote Originally Posted by lightning rider View Post
    what was that from?

I also think j'onn.
    The 90s JLA, issues #84-90
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

I forgot I started this thread :P

What about Shazam? Considering how Black Adam handled everyone in the World War III event.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    I forgot I started this thread :P

What about Shazam? Considering how Black Adam handled everyone in the World War III event.
    I always interpreted Shazam as the power of youth and the potential to be great one day. The way I see Shazam is he's one of the most powerful members of the League but due to him being a kid, and a (relatively) good natured kid at that, he's not necessarily one of the most dangerous. So i would consider people like Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, or Superman to be more dangerous by virtue of experience and maturity.

currently following:

Astonishing Member

One of Captain Marvel's superpowers, ostensibly, is maturity and superpowers when he transforms.

Also, Trial By Fire is not really a correct showing of how dangerous Manhunter is. One, Fernus far underused his telepathy, and two, Fernus was Evil J'onn WITHOUT his one very prevalent and abusable weakness. J'onn tends to and still does have that weakness so that's a real obvious check to his danger. His powerset is one of the most dangerous but his weakness is so exploitable that you NEED to remove it for him to be a major threat.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I always interpreted Shazam as the power of youth and the potential to be great one day. The way I see Shazam is he's one of the most powerful members of the League but due to him being a kid, and a (relatively) good natured kid at that, he's not necessarily one of the most dangerous. So i would consider people like Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, or Superman to be more dangerous by virtue of experience and maturity.
    That's fair enough!

With unlimited prep time batman could pretty much beat anybody based on what previous stories typically show.

However on a daily basis Superman is by far the most dangerous and I don't think it's even close.
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged"- CAPT. Picard

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    One of Captain Marvel's superpowers, ostensibly, is maturity and superpowers when he transforms.

Also, Trial By Fire is not really a correct showing of how dangerous Manhunter is. One, Fernus far underused his telepathy, and two, Fernus was Evil J'onn WITHOUT his one very prevalent and abusable weakness. J'onn tends to and still does have that weakness so that's a real obvious check to his danger. His powerset is one of the most dangerous but his weakness is so exploitable that you NEED to remove it for him to be a major threat.
    Now that I think about it, GL's don't really have weakensses anymore so it's not like you could paint something yellow and expect that to hold them back anymore .

Astonishing Member

That's kind of the thing. It's really easy to imagine Superman going down to Batman having kryptonite or a speedster dashing off to borrow some from Star Labs. Same with fire.

Flash, WW and GL(depending) are similarly or arguably more dangerous than Clark without a well known green rock instaKO. Heck Kyle knows how to willpower up some Kryptonite if his time in the JL is still part of his life. Same thing with J'on but worse.

An argument for Diana is that she has no Achilles heel-type weakness. Superman and J'onn are physically stronger but you get some Kryptonite and fire you at least have a defense. Wonder Woman goes nuts and you just gotta beat her with no tricks.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Incredible Member

Wasn't the Phantom Stranger a member of a League?

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    That's kind of the thing. It's really easy to imagine Superman going down to Batman having kryptonite or a speedster dashing off to borrow some from Star Labs. Same with fire.

Flash, WW and GL(depending) are similarly or arguably more dangerous than Clark without a well known green rock instaKO. Heck Kyle knows how to willpower up some Kryptonite if his time in the JL is still part of his life. Same thing with J'on but worse.
    Kryptonite is a really weird weakness, when you look at its success rate.

Any time Batman pulls some K out of his ass, Clark goes down like a bag of bricks. Yet he deals with it from Metallo, Luthor, the Kryptonite Man (or Conduit, if you're in the 90's), and in the Silver Age every mook in the Midwest seemed to find some. At times it seems like kryptonite is everywhere. And it slows Clark down and puts him in incredible pain, but he powers through it and finds the win.....unless Bruce is the one holding the rock.

Obviously it's just a matter of plot (we cant have the villains winning after all), and Bruce has no hope of winning a fight without exploiting Clark's Achilles' Heel, but for the vast majority of stories kryptonite isn't the win condition a lot of people think it is. It might win you a battle, but it won't win you the war.

I definitely agree about Diana though. The only way to beat her is to literally beat her into unconsciousness. Damn few beings can actually do that, especially if Diana brings her full arsenal to bear.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.