Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Default Create Your Own Event

You have an idea floating in your head that you think would make an incredible event featuring the DC Universe of characters? Who would be involved? What would the general idea be? How many parts? Do you see titles branching out from this event?

3A68989D-B592-4942-907B-6754A2E1D4D2.jpg
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

BANNED

DCU meet the mighty crusaders and the Titans meet the super teens. it would lead to new titles relaunching the individual members of the mighty crusaders. lol

Incredible Member

MONSTER SOCIETY OF EVIL invades the DCU. Do it.

Van Downbytheriver

My idea is titled “Escape from DC”, where all of the heroes outside of “The Trinity” (which I personally refer to as DC’s “Glass Ceiling”) and their protégés/legacies/supporting cast become aware that the editors have “stacked the deck” against them as far as any true growth is concerned. They’re offered the chance to move to a parallel Earth where they have a real chance to flourish without editors worrying that GASP....they might surpass the HOLY TRINITY!!! I do realize that some fans will want their favorite characters to remain on “Trinity Earth” in their normal role as “boot licker” but I gotta believe that most would rather have a fresh start without the cumbersome ball and chain that editorial places on them in the current status quo. Oh well, a guy can dream.

"Justice Forever" (or something)
    The basic premise centers on the Satellite era JLA lineup, but with each hero bringing in all their related characters! (so it's much more than a JL story) More than the Masters of Doom, the bad guys would be a team/gathering of all the big (and even not so big) villains from that JLA run - every bad guy featured in that era will get at least an appearance of some sort.(and some will even have legacy characters of their own) Each franchise breaks off to do their own thing, (or the smaller ones can team-up) then coming together - unexpected team-ups abound. (Emiko Queen/Cassandra Cain, Star Sapphire/Superboy, etc...) And of course we'll see the satellite JLA lineup away from their related characters to do a thing, but giant heroes vs. baddies take-down at the end. The event would celebrate legacy and how each franchise is its own pillar in the DCU.
    JL.jpg

Incredible Member

Hair Bear Bunch are basically Gilbert Shelton's Freak Brothers so I'd have them as massive narc dealers using profits to fund Monsieur Mallah's Che Guevara style Marxist rebellions in central America etc etc. Some sort of DMZ rip off with pot smoking bears basically.

Crisis on Original Earth - During a confrontation with the Reverse Flash, Zoom, and every other evil speedster available, the Flash family accidentally break the Speed Force, sending them and much of the Justice League back in time to the first Crisis.

End result is a hard reboot, with new origin issues for everyone, and most of the legacies are gone until like a good 15/20 years from now.

The Musical Mastery of Music Meister!

Think the Music Meister from the Supergirl/Flash crossover. But instead of dreams, the world itself becomes a real life musical. Some are irked by it, others kind of enjoy it, and MM is an Imp from the 5th Dimension that had just binge watched a bunch of classic musicals.

But Batman wants to stop him because, "Ugh, singing is for happy people, and I'm emotionally constipated!" While Jason Todd, along with a bunch of undead, including Grundy, ends up doing Thriller down the main street of Gotham.

Superman does Singing in the Rain. Etc.

Yes. I'm going for a lighthearted event. Who says they have to grimdark or uber serious?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    The Musical Mastery of Music Meister!

Think the Music Meister from the Supergirl/Flash crossover. But instead of dreams, the world itself becomes a real life musical. Some are irked by it, others kind of enjoy it, and MM is an Imp from the 5th Dimension that had just binge watched a bunch of classic musicals.

But Batman wants to stop him because, "Ugh, singing is for happy people, and I'm emotionally constipated!" While Jason Todd, along with a bunch of undead, including Grundy, ends up doing Thriller down the main street of Gotham.

Superman does Singing in the Rain. Etc.

Yes. I'm going for a lighthearted event. Who says they have to grimdark or uber serious?
    I like more lighthearted stuff too. Though, a music themed event might be a bit hard to carry out in print. Still, it's a fun idea.

My event ideas keep turning into lighter Elseworlds-y things. Like the "Earth-J" idea I used to throw around that would mash-up DC superheroes with classic Japanese superhero concepts (Astro Boy, Super Sentai, Ultraman, magical girls, etc). Now I'm sitting here watching cartoons and thinking of an event where Mxyzptlk causes the lives of various superheroes to become like various classic cartoons complete with art style change. Stuff like Looney Tunes, Popeye, Hanna-Barbera stuff, etc.

Boisterously Confused

Earth 1:

In breaking up the latest scheme by Darkseid, the JL is caught in Kanto's Boom Tube, as the Apocalypsian assassin escapes, and dumped in a world very like their own, but different. This is Pre-Crisis Earth 1, sealed off since The Anti-Monitor's destruction, more than 30 years ago.

For a couple of months, DC brings back Sensation Comics, Adventure Comics, Flash Comics, etc. and uses them to feature the heroes of Earth 1, many of whom are successor characters. Action Comics, and Detective Comics also get in on the act.
    • Action Comics: Starring Power Girl. E1's Superman has semi-retired, fearing that people were becoming dependent, rather than inspired by him; a position his daughter, Power Girl, vehemently disagrees with. Backup features a new, Harry Dresden-esque mystical detective character, The Occultist.
    • Detective Comics: The Huntress, has taken up her late father's crusade, with the help of her long-retired mentor "uncle" Dick Grayson, and stars The Martian Manhunter in its backup.
    • Sensation Comics: Wonder Woman Donna Troy, with the backup feature Moonbow, aka Lian Harper.
    • Flash Comics: A new character has taken the name of The Flash, with powers very similar to The Ray. A backup features Katar Hol and Shayera Thal as Hawkman and Hawkwoman, along with their son, The Golden Eagle.
    • Mystery in Space: The adventures of Alanna Strange, with Captain Comet as a backup feature.
    • and so forth...
    • Whiz Comics: Turns out E1 had its own wizard SHAZAM, who awakens after a 4000 year nap, and selects an orphaned young African American boy as his champion, Captain Thunder. Backup features the new Airwave.

The plot of the story revolves around hunting down Kanto, who arrived years before the JL due to the Boom Tube's interesting properties, and has been secretly planning to unite the villains and conquer this new world for himself. The point of the event is to test something very like the role that E2 played for pre-Crisis E1. If it works, launch a new imprint under the name All-Star Comics to house them.
    Last edited by DrNewGod; 04-27-2019 at 11:44 AM.

Outside War: the Justice League gets into a cold war with Russia & Makovia. Both sides launch covert ops against each other, deploying their respective Outsiders team. On the JL side they use the upcoming Outsiders and bring in some old Outsiders and some newer faces. The big dogs can't get involved and will have to navigate overt operations (usual superhero stuff) and politically maneuvering the public, considering they are supposed to be an international organization, while the Outsiders (new, old, and auxiliary) handle covert ops. Leading to a confrontation with the shadowy hand behind it all that's trying to push the world toward a self-destructive war.

No big cosmic/multiversal threat, just a relatively grounded conflict.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 04-28-2019 at 09:30 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Spectacular Member

Justice United Of America Heroes from 20 years into the future come back to the present and prevent the current members of the JLA from being turned evil. They'd get their own book that would take place 20 years from now, similar to how the Legion takes place 1,000 years from now.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    End result is a hard reboot, with new origin issues for everyone, and most of the legacies are gone until like a good 15/20 years from now.
    Yeah, I'm gonna have to say that I'd take a hard pass to that. Hopefully, something like that NEVER happens.

Astonishing Member

Yesterday … Once More

A villain travels back in time to destroy the Justice League shortly after it's formation. Booster Gold's attempt to stop this inadvertently results in various DC heroes being flipped with their past selves.

Has two bookend issues containing the set up and the aftermath mostly starring the Leaguers.

Action (Superman), Detective (Batman and Nightwing), Sensation (Wonder Woman), Adventure (Aquaman), All-Flash (Flash) and All-American (Hal Jordan) would tell stories with the 2018 heroes stuck in their own pasts.

The actual titles named after the heroes would tell stories with the early Leaguers stuck in the present.

Other writers could add in issues where other characters find themselves moved in time (original Doom Patrol in present. Damian and Jon in the past)

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Yeah, I'm gonna have to say that I'd take a hard pass to that. Hopefully, something like that NEVER happens.
    Hey, you can't please everyone, but decades old history is intimidating to new readers, a hard reboot might get some new readership going. And if the new stories are quality, the fans of legacy characters might forgive the direction in the long run. Just as long as the rebooted universe is fun and not grimdark.