Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

We have avoided making this topic to avoid the trenches of Newsarama. But fear not, for we have been spared.

This is the scene from the opening salvo issue of Secret Empire where Stevil sends the message to the Hydra crowds. But with my dad.

Arcade is hot, tbh. His Stand is pretty weird though. Even for a remote controlled one.

UGH, I just live for this senior citizen content.

well now we know where he got the robot head. i knew that he didn't take one of those hunters out on his own.

After all these years the Vulture finally gets his one shot. I wish Marvel would do an ongoing that would feature BCD villain solo arcs. That would be kind of cool. Still waiting for another villain team book. Maybe they will feature different teams as well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    After all these years the Vulture finally gets his one shot. I wish Marvel would do an ongoing that would feature BCD villain solo arcs. That would be kind of cool. Still waiting for another villain team book. Maybe they will feature different teams as well.
    There was Superior Foes of Spider-Man

Nick said after Foes wrapped that if he ever did a sequel of sorts it would be for others in the rogues gallery. Like Kraven. Bazinga.

I really think Vulture's current design would look a lot better without the domehead.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I really think Vulture's current design would look a lot better without the domehead.
    Adrian has seen what the bottle kids can do to a bald man his age. Better safe than sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    That was an awesome series. Sold well too. They need to do it again. Villains United and the Heist were good also.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Great series. Nick Spencer's finest.

I always preferred the Sinister Syndicate to the Sinister Six. I know that they don't have the same status in-universe. But, individually, they are quite dangerous. Rhino even graduated to the Six. Anyways, what I liked was their interplay outside of the job. Spencer replicated it perfectly in Superior Foes. It's fun to think of Hydro-Man being a gambling addict and recovering alcoholic. It's fun to see that Boomerang misses being a major league pitcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I always preferred the Sinister Syndicate to the Sinister Six. I know that they don't have the same status in-universe. But, individually, they are quite dangerous. Rhino even graduated to the Six. Anyways, what I liked was their interplay outside of the job. Spencer replicated it perfectly in Superior Foes. It's fun to think of Hydro-Man being a gambling addict and recovering alcoholic. It's fun to see that Boomerang misses being a major league pitcher.
    I play a themed team of Sinister Syndicate all the time when I play HeroClix. Beetle, Speed Demon, Stilt-Man, Rhino, Boomerang. I know Stilty was never part of the Syndicate but in HeroClix he has the keyword so I use him a lot. These guys are a lot of fun to play with. Even Sinister Six characters like Doc Ock, Lizard, Vulture, etc. have the Syndicate keyword so I can play quite the combination of Six and Syndicate characters. HeroClix is a lot of fun.

The issue was alright, nothing too spectacular, just more piecing together the various narrative elements and clearing up some things. It was interesting in this case as it isn't really a Vulture spotlight like the other .HU's have been and we don't really get into his head, kind of like some of the characters, he's merely used as just their tool.

spoilers:
    Arcade gives Vulture a device that will allow him to defeat the hunter robots, through the guise of going behind Kraven's back, wanting to keep up his own gimmick and give his players a chance at winning.

After Vulture inspires the other villains to fight back, its revealed this was all part of Kraven's plan, manipulating Vulture and the rest to cull all the hunters, while also preparing another fate for them.
    end of spoilers

There's also a weird, what I assume is last minute, 5 page story focusing on Vermin, where we see him scared and confused and how exactly Arcade managed to clone him.

And so the downfall of Vulture begins...which makes me happy that he is being set up to fail.
    We got an explanation of the multiple Vermins which is quick, simple and to the point so kudos for that.
    Overall another solid issue from Spencer and we are coming close to the wire so i am in anticipation on how this ends.