Default What happened to DC showcase presents ?

So in the mid 2000s DC did amazing 500 page omnibuses of classic silver age stories called DC Showcase presents.

They've all but died off with the last being in 2016. Does anyone know why ?

I enjoyed these volumes and as you wrote Batman volume 6 was my last edition back in 2016. Okay they were in black and white however I enjoyed the artwork more.
    Hail Hydra!

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    So in the mid 2000s DC did amazing 500 page omnibuses of classic silver age stories called DC Showcase presents.

They've all but died off with the last being in 2016. Does anyone know why ?
    They didn't sell well enough to keep going. When DC liquidated their warehouse overstock after the move to Burbank 2 years ago leading to the big DC lot of books appearing in Ollie's Discount Stores, there were tons of volumes of Showcase Presents among the stock being blown out for $3 to $4 each because they hadn't sold to retailers or gotten returned unsold from the book trade.

So bottom line, they didn't sell, so DC stopped making them.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato