Default Now that it's (Gotham) over, ...

... is it possible that we FINALLY get a live-action BATMAN (Yes, I mean BOTH Bruce Wayne and BATMAN himselve(s))?

In this I mean, a TV/Amazon/Hulu/HBO etc, etc, series that covers Batman, weather it be him "Just starting out," or as a "seasoned" Batman, either JUST himself or with Richard as Robin, whatever.

I think, IF DONE CORRECTLY, could really be a hit. [Sorry, well NOT sorry, I did NOT like the "Gotham" series, and dropped it after S2]

I've been thinking A LOT about this lately, and given the state of "Batman" and all he's involved with and in, weather JLA, outsiders, Bat Family, whatever. I think some GREAT stories could be portrayed on teh small screen. A good WRITER who understands HIM, would need to write it. And weather or not the Season is one LONG overarching act, or a comics like arch of 3-4 episodes per storyline would be great too, Hey not a bad idea... kinda like with an ongoing theme of ... well whatever per season...

Anyway, I'm curiosu as to the community's thoughts on this... Heaven knows weather or not it'll EVER happen, but Man it c/would be great in my opinion....

Thoughts?

Personally I liked Gotham and given a Few Years i think they could easily use your idea and revive Gotham as a Batman Show once David Mazouz is old enough
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

I'm sad that you didn't like Gotham, because it was not that bad at all with great Acting.
    I don't think at all that Batman could work as a serie. The budget would be too much to produce a correct show as fan would like.
    Batman can only be movie material.

Fantastic Member

Batman would work best as an HBO show.

Extraordinary Member

No i want a movie

save the tv shows for chracter who will never get movies

Quote Originally Posted by Batman1970 View Post
    ... is it possible that we FINALLY get a live-action BATMAN (Yes, I mean BOTH Bruce Wayne and BATMAN himselve(s))?
    No, because WB still view Batman as a viable film franchise, and they're not going to let a tv show go forward while that is the case.

I dont see Batman ever being a tv show. There is still a lot that can be done with him in the movies. And as long as Wb is putting up the big three in Justice League movies or there own solo film there wont be a Batman show. I would love to see a show based on the Gotham Central comic. It would be a cross between Law and Order and Batman. Maybe we see a Nightwing or Robin tv show but I would think that dc is saving something like that for it's streaming service.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I'm still pulling for a TV show!

Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    I'm sad that you didn't like Gotham, because it was not that bad at all with great Acting.
    I don't think at all that Batman could work as a serie. The budget would be too much to produce a correct show as fan would like.
    Batman can only be movie material.
    I think a Batman show is definitely do-able. Might have to cheap out or just leave out some expensive stuff like the Batmobile (or just use one from the movies.) And the costume may or may not be as good as the ones in the movies. But other than that between Daredevil, Arrow and Gotham, theres not much to making a Batman show that doesn't have precedent from similar shows on the small screen. Only reason why Batman probably won't get one in the forseeable future is because it'd be more profitable to keep him in blockbusters.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman1970 View Post
    I'm still pulling for a TV show!
    Good for you to have dreams I guess, but why when we've already established the reason it won't happen? I mean technically to wish for a live action Batman tv show is the same as hoping his movies fail so hard so bad that WB have given up on him. Do we really want Batman to fail that badly on the film front just to get a tv show we don't even know will be good or not?

Amazing Member

I would like it to happen (a Gotham sequel 5-10 years from now with the main cast reprising their roles would be my preference), but it won't.

On the TV front, we're stuck with prequels like Gotham was, a show set in the future like Batman Beyond, or a show about Bat-verse characters that won't get their own movie.

BANNED

I thought "Gotham" had great ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    I dont see Batman ever being a tv show. There is still a lot that can be done with him in the movies. And as long as Wb is putting up the big three in Justice League movies or there own solo film there wont be a Batman show. I would love to see a show based on the Gotham Central comic. It would be a cross between Law and Order and Batman. Maybe we see a Nightwing or Robin tv show but I would think that dc is saving something like that for it's streaming service.
    Making an exception for some sort of an "Elseworlds" sort of a series, I tend to agree.

I just can't see DC throwing in the towel on this character not being a "Film" character, and starting a series on a more "Television" sort of an outlet.