Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Here's my Top 5.

Green Arrow. So similar yet so different.
    Nightwing. Bruce and Dick are the best duo in all comics.
    Zatanna. I like Batman in supernatural stories and I dig the flirty thing they have going on .
    The Creeper. I just dig the two of them together. The "Good Joker" should be a regular Gotham character.
    Plastic Man. Always a fun team-up.
    Batman - Daredevil

Batman and Superman.

I may be biased, but I liked the Batman and Bluebird/Harper Row team ups; she's got Damian and Jason's spunk, but neither of their expertise. And inexperience isn't a bad thing, Bruce never trained her, so he could possibly do the same thing he did with Duke and train her to be something different than Batman or Robin, make Bluebird it's own thing.
    I'm currently reading Batman, Detective Comics, DCeased: Dead Planet, Dark Knights: Death Metal, Daredevil, Thor, Nightwing, The Rise of Ultraman and Red Hood and The Outlaws. I'm also trade-waiting the Hickman-era of X-Men comics.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

BatFam20.jpg

I enjoyed reading Batman and Ragman team up stories.

Besides Batman - Shadow who always gets a great team-up, seeing as Kane and Finger pretty much straight copied a Shadow story, and just placed Batman where it said Shadow they really are cut from the same mold,
    Plus at the time the characters would be contemporaries, makes sense.
    Other major influences he's also crossed paths or teamed-up with are Dracula, and even Sherlock Holmes.
    Yet while he's referenced often in his origin, he 's actually yet to team-up with one of his other major influences,...Zorro!

Part of that is cause Zorro has pretty much already been established as a "fictional" character in his universe, in fact the one that somewhat helped inspired him (the dark costume, cape mask, the small nocturnal survival animal as totem/theme, disinterested playboy by day/vigilante by night, the cave/lair, and sleek black ride, fastest in the land...etc. in many re-tellings. ^
    Although the time discrepancy, Zorro is a character from the 1800s, has it 's problems.
    Yet this is comics; these supposed impasses, should be taken as opportunities to find ways to build a story (and team-up) around them.

Although a fictional character in the movie he saw, Zorro could have been based on a real character, in fact there were real world inspirations (Joaquin Murrieta for one). A DCU version based loosely on him, that then inspired the film young Bruce Wayne saw, would work.
    The team-up would necessitate a time-jump (not unheard of in the DCU).
    Or a descendant of Zorro taking up the mantle today.
    There actually was already a Pulp Era Zorro film, using a descendant James (Santiago) Vega, who drives around the city in a black roadster driven by descendant of Bernardo, chases mobsters with tommy-guns, swinging from city rooftops, etc, and still has his secrete lair in the countryside, this completley "modern" Zorro already existed just a few years before Batman debuted, (they could easily use this descendant Zorro for a team-up)
    Or instead an ancestor of Bruce Wayne's, having met Zorro in the past. 1990 TV Zorro had some fun with that...

Or a million other scenarios, there is plenty of precedence for it.
    Just instead of putting him in the theater where Bruce Wayne "meets" him, move him into the "real" world where they can actually team-up.

Last edited by Güicho; 08-19-2020 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    BatFam20.jpg

I enjoyed reading Batman and Ragman team up stories.
    Batman Family team-ups were fantastic loved Man-Bat as part of the "family" and love that cover! (Starlin?)
    Any time Batman Man-Bat team-up it's great to see !
    Last edited by Güicho; 05-12-2019 at 10:10 AM.

Incredible Member

favorite teamup is batman and batman, haha.

BANNED

Green Arrow and Superman. I liked how GA and Batman teamed up to beat the crap out of Superman in TDKR... xD And I like Superman & Batman team ups generaly, Do you remember the cristmas mini ? Superman gave Batman a video cassete of the mark of Zorro and Batman was all sad... That was touching. Shows how good intentions result in evil deeds without knowing even if you are Superman.
    Last edited by Gurz; 05-27-2019 at 11:37 AM.

Incredible Member

My favorite Batman team up is Batman and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I love the comics and the movie is now my favorite animated Batman movie. It was sooooo good.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I watched the animated series.. I liked see him making different teamups with another heroes.

In the comics I liked to see him with THE NINJA TURTLES and SHADOW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    My favorite Batman team up is Batman and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I love the comics and the movie is now my favorite animated Batman movie. It was sooooo good.
    For me, the Batman and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles team up works so well because of the nostalgia factor. Seriously, I feel like it's Saturday morning again with Batman: The Animated Series crossing over with the '03 TMNT series whenever I read one of the Batman/TMNT comic series.

As for other team ups, Batman teaming up with Superman or Nightwing is always great. Just a lot of good history and partnerships there.

Me, I grew up on the TPB's that had Bats teaming up with Marvel characters. Batman/Spider-Man was excellent since it had that awesome Bagley art and that nice compare and contrast b/w Peter's and Bruce's respective tragedies:

John Bryne's Batman/Captain America team up was cool, since it tapped into and then crossover the histories of both characters:

One of the best team-up's (or meetings would be a better term) was the one between Bats and Punisher by Dixon and JRJr.:

Just these two "won't back down" characters with very different philosophies on crime rendered in gritty JRJr. art. Beautiful.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

I've always liked it when Batman and Catwoman team up. like in some of King's run, and also Doug Moench did a run back in the 1970s with Catwoman sort of replacing Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    Green Arrow and Superman. I liked how GA and Batman teamed up to beat the crap out of Superman in TDKR... xD And I like Superman & Batman team ups generaly, Do you remember the cristmas mini ? Superman gave Batman a video cassete of the mark of Zorro and Batman was all sad... That was touching. Shows how good intentions result in evil deeds without knowing even if you are Superman.
    I loved World's Finest: Worlds Apart. All three issues were most enjoyable, especially the artwork. Steve Rude totally rules.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I want to say that I like Dick to partner with Bruce again, but watching him trying to cheer up Bruce and him not budging is pissing me off.

It's like one of those stories where you wonder why is this manic pixie dream girlfriend is sticking by the brooding angsty depressed boyfriend.

So Bruce needs to be in the more healthy mind first before I want him to pair with Dick again.

I like Superman too of course

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Batman and Aquaman

I am kinda excluding characters like Gordon, any of the robins or batfamily and Catwoman since they are just are part of his everyday life. With that said my Top 5 would be:

1) Superman- Can't beat the classics sometimes, when written well these two characters are a perfect team up story
    2) Zatanna- Always fun to see bats out of his element and Zatanna seems to be one of the few characters Bruce genuinely opens up to at times
    3) Green Arrow- As someone else said in another post it's great seeing two characters who are so similar but so different
    4) Flash- Really have enjoyed the recent stories that showcase their similar detective skills
    5) TMNT- Can't believe this actually works but man the comics and movie show that it absolutely does.
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged"- CAPT. Picard