Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    Has there ever been a writer at DC Comics as hated as Tom King? .
    Michael Bendis?

BANNED

Not finding a certain stories or direction likeable doesn't mean hate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Michael Bendis?
    Which I really don't think is earned either. Jon and the "modern marriage" angle seems to be all anyone's mad at him about.

Amazing Member

I don’t really have a stake in this, but I will say it’s an interesting reflection on culture how quickly writers and artists go from hero to villain these days. Bendis had like 10 plus years before people got earnestly tired of him at Marvel, but with guys like Tom King they’ve gone from acclaimed to internet-hated in only a couple of years. I can already tell Donny Cates is going down the same path, probably even quicker. He rose and started becoming disliked in a literal year.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I am actually the opposite. The "I Am" trilogy was mostly frustrating to me, with a few bright spots, and it's only after the Catwoman marriage plot that I started to get really invested. Even after the disappointment that was #50, I hung on, and have really enjoyed most of the post-50 stuff.
    Actually I remember quite a bit of complaints about King's run from the beginning, starting with the Batman riding an airplane scene, the constantly repeating the same thing over and over for an entire issue and stuff like that. Personally I found that the Batman and Catwoman calling each other Bat and Cat got old very quickly and annoyed me quite a bit. While I wasn't a big fan of actually letting Batman and Catwoman getting married I really hated the way the whole thing was executed. Just as you I've actually enjoyed a lot of the post-issue 50 stuff.