Super Moderator

Default EXCLUSIVE: Guera, Bisley Help Say Goodbye to "Thor: God of Thunder"

"Thor: God of Thunder" ends in October before the new "Thor" debuts, and CBR has the first look at variants by R.M. Guéra and Simon Bisley.

Full article here.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I've enjoyed the Thor: God of Thunder run so I'm sad to see it go. Having said that however, I'm curious to see where they'll go with this new ''Thor'' character.

I rather do like the Ribic and Bisley covers...
    Current Favourites: Ascender, Daredevil, Department Of Truth, Haha, Immortal Hulk, Luna and Strange Academy

Recent Favourites: Coffin Bound, Faithless, Gideon Falls and She Could Fly

They/Them

Figures. One of the very few times a THOR book has held my attention for an extended period of time and it ends.

I'm going to miss Ribric's art. That's a nice "send off" art by Ribric.

I'm just hoping that fem-Thor is going to be good (as the interior art is already on good hands).

Easily Marvel's best solo title (if not outright title) since the Marvel NOW! stuff started. Shame the story had to shift directions for a PR campaign, but that's the nature of the print business.

my mouth tastes like wate Vizator's Avatar

What a bunch of garbage this is. There was so much potential for so many more great stories but no, marvelnow! had to ruin it from editorial, again. Buh bye marvelnow!

Amazing Member

Wow. I didn't realize they were ending this series and then re-booting with She-Thor. So, another #1 coming out? Talk about confusing. I'd hate to be a comic fan and 10 years and try to sort out through all of these volumes and re-starts to series. What a mess. I dropped Daredevil because they did this. Looks like I'm dropping Thor too.

I'm so very disappointed this series is ending The series had so much story potential left....such a waste. Thank god I have no more Marvel books left to be ruined by their ridiculous restarts/reboots or whatever all-new Marvel now is supposed to be!
    Action Comics, Batman, Green Lantern, Justice League, Superman

All-New Member

Stories end. I don't see how anyone can have an issue with this.

What do you do when you watch a film or tv series, read a book and it ends? Hate just like you hate now? Or are the only films you watch James Bond flicks or the only tv the Doctor Who series?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rouder View Post
    Stories end. I don't see how anyone can have an issue with this.

What do you do when you watch a film or tv series, read a book and it ends? Hate just like you hate now? Or are the only films you watch James Bond flicks or the only tv the Doctor Who series?
    Yeah but when show is cancelled in its prime to make way for another piece of reality tv fluff, that sucks.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

All-New Member

Only 4 variants? I guess they get me the next month with the 8 #1 variants.

Shame they're replacing one of Marvel's best ongoings with some stupid gimmick that will be over by the time Avengers 2 comes out anyway. Why take the year long hiatus and waste everyones time?

Should have had Bisley do the interior and end this in a bloody awesome fights with limbs torned out with a lot of gore. Judging by his Lobo work and Batman-Judge Dread, it would have been Epic.