Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I'd say my biggest stumbling blocks with my wanting to do a perfect "Joseph Campbell meets TVtropes" Amalgam universe are the following:

Hulk: He's more of a universal monster than a superhero and yet there he is in the Avengers. My best tries are:

+ Swamp Thing = Swamp Hulk. Both the lead green monsters in their universes. Both origins involve scientist doing experiments. Both love interest are relatives of their enemies. Pros: I like the idea od combining John Constantine and Mr. Fix-it. Cons: I hate the idea of Anton Arcane being smooshed with "Thunderbolt" Ross.

+ The Atom = The Quark I just like this one. The idea of getting stronger and smaller at the same time is funny. Ray Palmer seems to have a lot of guilt too. Pros: The 'Sword of the Atom" stuff can tie to the 'Planet Hulk' stuff, and Amadeus Cho and Ryan Choi make good parallels. Cons: What to do with She-Hulk, Doc Samson, etc.

+ Captain Atom = Nuke. Probably the best. Both have experiments with bombs in their origins. Military enemies/allies, the lead one of whom is involved with the hero's love interest and becomes a super-villain (Red Hulk/The General). Both have evil future versions of themselves (Monarch/Maestro). Both are tied to the 'explosion that kills heroes' in different stories (Capt. Atom in 'Kingdom Come' and Hulk in 'The Last Avengers Story'). Cons: I consider Captain Atom's role in the JL his biggest part of his most essential role in the DCU, where as Hulk's role in the Avengers (in comics) is actually one of his least important. And again, what do you do with Hulk's multiple spin off characters?

+ Shazam = Captain Monster AKA Gammazam!. Pros: It's fun. Both characters physically transform into their alter-egos. I love the idea of She-Hulk combining with Mary Marvel for some reason. I like the idea of combining the US Army with the crocodile men for a little 'lizard people are ruling the earth' conspiracy action. I like Beautia Sivana being smooshed with Betty Ross-Banner. I like teh Thing/Hulk rivalry crossing over with the Superman + FF = Fantastic Family smoosh. Cons: I can really get used to the Sivania/Thunderbolt smoosh (despite the Thaddeus on Thaddeus action), also what do you do with Hulk's darker ideas (Mr. Fix-it, Maestro) and Shazam's goofier ones (Mr. Tawny, Uncle Dudley, etc.)|

+ Batman = Gargoyle. See above post.

Anyway, I'll do another problem area another day. I should really do some work right now.
    Help a fellow fan out and check out my writing, please:
    My Cage comic strip:
    Re-Runs: https://www.webtoons.com/en/challeng...itle_no=539047
    New: https://www.patreon.com/mycage
    Thanks!

Another problem is Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver.

Due to Whizzer and Miss America being the Johnny Quick and Liberty Bell of the Marvel universe, the obvious choice for the Quicksilver smoosh is Jess Quick. Even the name Jesse Quicksilver works.

But then there's Scarlet Witch. The obvious choice is Zatanna (Wandanna the Starlet Witch), but that seems a little dull, and then who is Zatara? Plus, Zatanna is more of a fun character in my mind (despite Identity Crisis) and Wanda is far more tortured, and has actually changed reality itself in 'House of M'.

So, here are the tries I've taken on Scarlet Witch:

+ Elongated Man = Stretching Witch. LOL. This is mostly due to her kids and Elongated Man's wife. I figured the power is as she stretches, reality bends. Plus, it had also fit with a similar idea I'd had for Plastic Man + Dr. Strange. Ralph has a Flash tie, so that can fit with Jesse as well and House of M.

+ Captain Atom = Quantum Witch. Both are the leaders of teams I'm smooshing: West Coast Avengers/Force Works + JLI/Extreme Justice. Both have broke bad. Both have changed reality due to another team-mate: Wanda via House of M with Quicksilver, and Max Lord used Captain Atom to change teh world so they didn't know the JLI existed. In this case, Max Lord and Quicksilver would have been smooshed into Max Velocity>

+ Mary Marvel = Scary Marvel. In this case Shazam would be combined with Quicksilver. Both have been corrupted, and the Batson are the most famous of the DCU's sibling teams. The Shazam family also has magical ties.

+ Jayna from the Wonder Twins = Violet Witch. This is mostly due to the sibling thing, with Zan being smooshed with Quciksilver to make Quickpurple. Plus, Bova can be mixed with Gleek in this case. Pros: Fun. Cons: The Wonder Twins don't have any place near the ties to their universe that Wanda and Peitro have on the Marvel U.

Finally the one that does work the best:

+ Flash III, Wally West = Scarlet Speedster, Wanda West. Pros: Wally's kids and Wanda's can make Wally a good substitute for DC's House of M, Flashpoint. Wally ties easily to Jesse Quick. Wally and Wanda both have ties to West Coast Avengers/JLI and Titans/X-men. A solid Flash tie can equal a smoosh of Gorilla City with Mt. Wundagore. Cons: Wally has way more solo villains/supporting cast then Scarlet Witch does. Wally's ties to Titans run way deeper than Wanda's to the X-men.

Ok. Anyway, that's it for now. Later!
    My Cage comic strip:
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Photon Torme View Post
    Sentry and Power Ring from The Crime syndicate-Power Sentry
    I like Power Sentry too, and the work you put into his story was written in a perfect way to be intriguing.
    Any thoughts on amalgamating Power Ring with Exterminatrix or Sentry with Dove?

My final and biggest stumbling block when trying to do a new Amalgam Universe is...

Doom Patrol/X-Men/Teen Titans.

It's odd because Doom Patrol begets The Original X-Men. Original X-Men begets New X-men and then The New X-men begets The New Teen Titans, so where do the original Teen Titans fit?

I mean, you can easily do the original 5 Titans, plus the Original 5 X-men for something like:

Robin + Cyclops = Red-Eye/Sightwing
    Donna Troy + Jean Grey = Donna Grey, Wonder Marvel, Troiaenix, Dark Star Phoenix
    Flash III + Beast = Speed Freak
    Arsenal/Speedy + Angel = Eros
    Aqualad/Tempest + Ice Man = Arctic Lad

Or mix it up for something like: Troyclops, Kid Marvel/Flash-X, Sea Beast, Redbird/Angelwing, and Icicle.

But then where do the Doom Patrol fit? I mean you could do Fantastic Four + Doom Patrol, but FF is SO much larger a part of the Marvel Universe than Doom Patrol is to DC. Plus, what DP villain is possibly in the same class as Dr. Doom?

Also, the Chief and Professor X is pretty obvious if you do the original X-Men and Doom Patrol, but again, Chief doesn't seem anyway near large enough importance wise compared to Professor X, and the Chief has NOTHING to do with the New Teen Titans.

You could also do Doom Patrol + Alpha Flight, but then what? Beast Boy + Wolverine? Eh. Not a big of that one.

Doom Patrol + Agents of Atlas? Maybe, but then how does the Brain and the Brotherhood of Evil/BOE Mutants tie in?

Then add in the whole Summers/Grey family tree, and...see? I already have a headache.
    My Cage comic strip:
    Thanks!

Batman/Machine Man = Machine Bat.

Astonishing Member

Cool Thread. I wish the moderators would merge it with the most current Dc - marvel Make your own Amalgams forum

Wonder Twins + Invisible Girl/The Human Torch = The Sensational Siblings

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I like Power Sentry too, and the work you put into his story was written in a perfect way to be intriguing.
    Any thoughts on amalgamating Power Ring with Exterminatrix or Sentry with Dove?
    Hm. Interesting. Thanks

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Night Crawler and The Creeper:

Creepy Crawler!

Astonishing Member

Black Lightning and Blue Marvel- Evelyn Pierce Aka- Blue Lightning

NIGHTWING
    +
    DOOP

THE
    DICK-TATER

Astonishing Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    That's a Funny Joke right There!

Quote Originally Posted by Photon Torme View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    That's a Funny Joke right There!
    ^^^Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not...