Incredible Member

Default Which of these characters can lift Mjölnir or Stormbreaker?

Jon Snow (Game Of Thrones)
    Ned Stark (Game Of Thornes)
    Luke Skywalker (Star Wars)
    Yoda (Star Wars)
    Optimus Prime
    Aragorn (Lord Of The Rings)
    Master Splinter (TMNT)
    Harry Potter

Luke and Optimus Prime definitely.

Probably Aragorn.

I kinda doubt Yoda and Splinter but I wouldn't object if it happened.

I'm not a Game of Thrones guy so i don't know them.

Harry isn't enough of a warrior to lift it.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDiggle View Post
    Jon Snow (Game Of Thrones)
    Ned Stark (Game Of Thornes)
    Luke Skywalker (Star Wars)
    Yoda (Star Wars)
    Optimus Prime
    Aragorn (Lord Of The Rings)
    Master Splinter (TMNT)
    Harry Potter
    Probably a hard nope to all of them except mmmmmmmaybe Aragon and Optimus Prime, with regards to Mjolnir.

Stormbreaker has no Worthiness restriction, and an ostensibly biological human can pick it up with no problem despite being more or less human, so they could probably all lift that one up, provided it isn't too heavy for them.

Without it being specified otherwise, I guess this is 616 comics versions? So probably nobody here lol.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Without it being specified otherwise, I guess this is 616 comics versions? So probably nobody here lol.
    We can use both 616 and MCU version.

It's hard to say, simply because what makes Thor worthy is so vague. Thor really isn't presented as being the noblest character in the Marvel Universe. He's a certainly a hero, but he's got lots of flaws, and had them even during periods when his worthyness to wield the hammer was unquestioned.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    It's hard to say, simply because what makes Thor worthy is so vague. Thor really isn't presented as being the noblest character in the Marvel Universe. He's a certainly a hero, but he's got lots of flaws, and had them even during periods when his worthyness to wield the hammer was unquestioned.
    It's basically "Who would Odin like to spend "bro time" hanging out with" is who is worthy lol
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    It's basically "Who would Odin like to spend "bro time" hanging out with" is who is worthy lol
    Yeah, on this basis I’d have gone for Yoda and Splinter, as the former totally trolls his students while the latter hits them with a hard wooden stick. That’s Odin Fatherly Love 101 right there.

BANNED

Aragorn, I believe in the films he would not be seduced by the ring but idk what makes one worthy.

Going off Cap: Noble hero, courageous warrior, decorated soldier, absolutely dedicated, willing to kill, is my slightly less vague standard though it still leaves a ton of leeway.

I could totally be sold on Optimus and Aragon being able to lift it.

Don't know Game of Thrones well enough to comment.
    Luke, Original Trilogy - No, not enough of a soldier.
    Luke, New Trilogy - Probably too jaded.
    Funnily enough he might have managed it in between.

Yoda- No, I get the vibe that though he's a warrior he would prefer not to be.

Splinter- Depends on the version of course, but generally same as Yoda.

Harry - Forced into a warriors role and immediately leaves it at first opportunity - No.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    Aragorn, I believe in the films he would not be seduced by the ring but idk what makes one worthy.
    naw. in the films, aragorn couldn't really be sure if he could resist the ring, hence why he was willing to let frodo go. that is, the movie version. i'll leave the book aragorn to someone like sharp.

but if we go by the books from what little i know, faramir would be my pick to being worthy. dude flat out said he didn't want the ring and said if his country's fate was in the balance and it took him using the ring if he found it in a ditch, he still wouldn't take it.

I've always felt as far as 616 Mjolnir, and obviously this is before some really terrible modern takes on him (no, they actually predate Aaron. Someone decided to write a Balder that actually took satisfaction in killing anything, and it was all downhill from there), that the fact that Balder, despite being acknowledged by everyone in Asgard as the noblest being in Asgard from Odin on down, can't lift Mjolnir is defining about who then can. And it boils down to that Balder, despite being good at being a warrior, stood out from his brethren by his deep down hating being one, of taking no joy in the whole practice of it. One of his defining moments is, before he wasted an army, begging them not to force this, and weeping as he slaughtered them once they did.

So certainly nobility of character is a huge portion of it, but some of it likely also comes down to how well one takes to being a warrior and everything that entails.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 04-27-2019 at 11:34 PM.

That was a long winded way of saying "Whoever Odin would really wanna hang out with." ;P
    - big_adventure