View Poll Results: HOW MUCH WILL ENDGAME MAKE AT THE BOX OFFICE?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • WORLDWIDE: $3 billion or more

33 43.42%
  • WORLDWIDE: $2.50-$2.99 billion

34 44.74%
  • WORLDWIDE: $2.0-$2.49 billion

12 15.79%
  • DOMESTIC: $900 million to $1 billion+

13 17.11%
  • DOMESTIC: $800 million to $899 million

6 7.89%
  • DOMESTIC: $750 million to $799 million

1 1.32%
  • DOMESTIC: $700 million to $749 million

3 3.95%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    All they did was push the film to more theaters and expand the count so people early had the opportunity to see it back in theaters. They didn’t buy up theaters. But it went from a small number of theaters to an inflated count. You can see that in the site numbers you provided.
    Nope. It went from 15 theaters to 25 theaters its last week. Ten more theaters across the whole nation doesn't account for going from just hundreds of dollars a day to tens of thousands a day.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies...arvel2017b.htm

Someone or some company (Disney) obviously nudged it over the 700 million line by buying up tickets.

Articles now being written as its looking possible that Endgame won't catch Avatar.

Its already foregone it won't even come close to Force Awakens domestically and now its even tracking behind Infinity at the same point of release both domestically and internationally. That kind of dropoff makes it increasingly in doubt that it can catch Avatar.

Extraordinary Member

Feige confirms video of Luis recapping the MCU....want to push those numbers up?? Add it to the beginning of the movie....everyone will go see it again.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Nope. It went from 15 theaters to 25 theaters its last week. Ten more theaters across the whole nation doesn't account for going from just hundreds of dollars a day to tens of thousands a day.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies...arvel2017b.htm

Someone or some company (Disney) obviously nudged it over the 700 million line by buying up tickets.
    Someone (Disney) obviously would never care about those random numbers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Because the business incentive to do such a thing is obvious and clear to everyone.

Oh wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Feige confirms video of Luis recapping the MCU....want to push those numbers up?? Add it to the beginning of the movie....everyone will go see it again.
    Nope. Not me.

So getting back to the main point of the thread, being worldwide grosses. Endgame is closing in on the worldwide #1. It has 176k to go to knock Avatar from the #1 slot based on weekend estimates. It seems unlikely that it will not achieve this.

Yeah, I have no intention of sitting through a 3-hour movie again right now. Once in theaters and then I'll have the Blu-Ray to watch down the road every 5 years or so.

Anyway, we have estimates for this 4th weekend of release for Endgame.

Domestic - $29.4 million
    Foreign - $46.8 million

WORLDWIDE - $2.615 billion

So, Endgame now only needs to gross $173.2 million worldwide to reach Avatar, but Deadline is casting doubts as to whether it can. They're predicting Endgame will top out at $2.75 billion, but that does seem kind of silly even with Aladdin and other movies arriving to compete with it.

I feel confident that within the next 4-5 weeks Endgame can come up with a measly $173 million and still have more than a month or so after that to surpass Avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    Yeah, I have no intention of sitting through a 3-hour movie again right now. Once in theaters and then I'll have the Blu-Ray to watch down the road every 5 years or so.

Domestic - $29.4 million
    Foreign - $46.8 million

So, Endgame now only needs to gross $173.2 million worldwide to reach Avatar, but Deadline is casting doubts as to whether it can. They're predicting Endgame will top out at $2.75 billion, but that does seem kind of silly even with Aladdin and other movies arriving to compete with it.

I feel confident that within the next 4-5 weeks Endgame can come up with a measly $173 million and still have more than a month or so after that to surpass Avatar.
    Seems a ridiculous prediction to say it can’t beat Avatar. It has a long while still to go in cinemas. My guess at least 15 weeks.

Astonishing Member

I'm on the side to say it will fall a bit short for the record. Going to be very tight. Even if Endgame beats Avatar it won't be by much, 10-20M if that. Going to shed lots of theatres for upcoming releases every week. Love to be wrong and see it take the number one spot but no shame in second.

Spectacular Member

Domestic - $29.4 million
    Foreign - $46.8 million

I agree. I don't see how anyone thinks that if Avengers: Endgame reaches the mid 2.7 billion range in the next few weeks that they won't keep it in the requisite few weeks necessary for it to pass Avatar, especially with Spider-Man: Far From Home coming out at the beginning of July and likely to give Endgame a small boost, so I see Endgame lasting at least that long in theaters.

Domestic - $29.4 million
    Foreign - $46.8 million

Avengers: Endgame is trending pretty well in line, now, with the raw grosses of Avengers: Infinity War post-initial-launch window domestically. With that, I think we can anticipate that Avengers: Endgame still has $83 million left in the tank domestically. That should top it out around $853 million or so domestically. With the needed amount left worldwide, Endgame is gonna need approximately $90 million from international markets. With China having opened in Infinity War's third weekend of global release, these numbers are definitely going to be skewed but Infinity War still made another $150 million internationally. Without China's additional gross past the fourth weekend internationally, Infinity War made an additional $93 million from all other markets. Given Endgame's China run is pretty much done, we can probably expect Endgame to crawl across Avatar's final gross.

Ironically, despite Marvel's issues with Spider-Man: Far From Home launching so close to Avengers: Endgame, repeat viewings of Endgame that would probably occur around Spider-Man's opening might be the only thing that allows Endgame to top Avatar, with Disney probably pulling a Black Panther push for it towards the end of its theatrical run to have it top Avatar. People seem to think that Disney has an incentive to keep Avatar in the top spot. I disagree. It looks better to share holders if Disney, itself, can make the highest grossing movie of all time. They can probably use this to boost investor confidence that they can replicate that success with other franchises that we've seen top the $2 billion mark, pretty much all of which Disney now owns.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Because the business incentive to do such a thing is obvious and clear to everyone.

Oh wait...
    Number's have symbolic meaning. Saying its only the 3rd movie to ever cross the 700 million mark has power and branding whereas being the movie to make 699 million does not. Same reason in reverse that sellers often price things at $3.99 instead of $4.00 because its all about the first number psychologically instead the fact that for intents and purposes they are the same price.

Avengers: Endgame actuals came in. Again, they were slightly above the Sunday estimates, notching it a 52.6% drop from weekend-to-weekend. That makes it exactly the same drop that Avengers: Infinity War suffered heading into its fourth weekend against Deadpool 2. It seems that the hype for John Wick: Chapter 3 and for Detective Pikachu combined probably cut into Avengers: Endgame's legs like Deadpool 2 did all at once on its fourth weekend. Indeed, the biggest difference in percentage drops we've seen from Avengers: Endgame is that third weekend drop of 57.6%, much different to Avengers: Infinity War's 45.9% drop.

Aladdin is tracking for about the same box office performance that Solo took last year over memorial day. So, I'd expect/hope that Avengers: Endgame will take a drop sub-50-percent for the first time for that three-day frame, with the fourth day even being gravy on top of that. This will hopefully be the running trend in the domestic box office and Endgame can finish the domestic box office off with $870 million, above my initial $850 million estimates.

Of course, Disney is probably hoping for better performance and legs for Aladdin more in the international area than they are for the same domestic box office performance of Solo. Solo did okay domestically, coming up with $213 million. If it had a standard domestic/international split, it would have made the film a slight box office disappointment given the amount of money poured into it--but nowhere near the failure it ended up being. If it had kept its initial projected budget of $150 million, it would've even been profitable with a slightly above $600 million performance. The same is likely true for Aladdin. So, Disney probably needs/expects Aladdin to drum up $400 million in its international run. That's more than double what Solo conjured up. So, if Aladdin eats into Endgame's international business (and it needs all the business of Infinity War), we're going to need to see Endgame perform on par with Avengers: Infinity War from here on out domestically to make up what the likely damage will be overseas. Of course, the question is if the markets that really pick up Aladdin and run with it are ones that are more or less done with Endgame, like China, or countries where it can still perform decently well and likely needs to to catch Avatar, like the Western European markets.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

My bet on the US domestic market is more like $865 million low estimate and $890 million high, based on its growth curve. The next three or four weekends will help narrow that down because it is too early to tell where it will level out.