View Poll Results: HOW MUCH WILL ENDGAME MAKE AT THE BOX OFFICE?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • WORLDWIDE: $3 billion or more

33 43.42%
  • WORLDWIDE: $2.50-$2.99 billion

34 44.74%
  • WORLDWIDE: $2.0-$2.49 billion

12 15.79%
  • DOMESTIC: $900 million to $1 billion+

13 17.11%
  • DOMESTIC: $800 million to $899 million

6 7.89%
  • DOMESTIC: $750 million to $799 million

1 1.32%
  • DOMESTIC: $700 million to $749 million

3 3.95%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The O'Hara's were slave owners. They portrayed them as noble good people. The title is about an era Margret Mitchell regreted ended.
    Not all the people were bad, but the foundation of the South was one of unspeakable human cruelty.
    Not all people who ownd slaves were bad people it was a way of life for them doesn't justify or make it right it's just the truth. It's true the south did terrible things to black people and still are but that doesn't mean all people in the south are bad it's true now and it was true then the people in the movie are mainly stupid and blind following but they aren't evil just like in real life.

Box Office Mojo is now giving us their weekend estimates for Avengers Endgame's 5th weekend -- the long Memorial Day weekend in America.

Of course, they predict Aladdin to be number 1 and John Wick to be number 2.

For Endgame, they predict is will land at number 3 and will be only the 2nd movie to top $800 million at the unadjusted Domestic box office. Obviously, Force Awakens is the other with about $937 million, which will be unreachable by Endgame.

By the end of the 4-day weekend on Monday, Mojo anticipates Endgame adding another $22.2 million.

This would take Endgame's domestic tally to around $803.6 million by end-Monday.

Mojo is not predicting what foreign grosses for Endgame will be this weekend, which is just a standard 3-dayer outside America.

Up to Wednesday, Avengers has grossed $2,624,908,610 worldwide. It needs another $164 million to surpass Avatar -- about $24 million of that will come from Domestic Thursday to Monday.

If foreign can account for another $40 million by Monday, Endgame will only need an even $100 million to be number 1 worldwide unadjusted.

Read an article yesterday that based on Endgames current rate of decline domestically and worldwide it will be approximately Labor Day (September) when and if it passes Avatar.

Astonishing Member

There have been various articles of late questioning if Endgame has enough left to beat Avatar.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottme.../#2d09b16541a5

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/avengers-e...113100415.html

https://www.businessinsider.in/aveng...w/69487115.cms

Either way it's a smashing hit if it doesn't and didn't have the benefit of a Christmas opening.

Since I'm a "Wants to the Watch the World Burn" kind of person I'm kinda now hoping that Endgame finishes less than 34 million behind Avatar just to watch many Avatar haters cry. 34 million is how much Avatar made worldwide in its re-expansion of theaters at the end of its only release (some call it a re-release).

I like Endgame better but I also liked Avatar so I've got no fan stake. Plus Force Awakens will remain the domestic champ and I do like Star Wars more than both.

I loved Avatar's 3D. Which was the main reason for the movie. Endgame is a much better movie, but I don't begrudge Avatar it's success.
    I dislike normal movies like Endgame post-production into 3D.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Not all people who ownd slaves were bad people it was a way of life for them doesn't justify or make it right it's just the truth. It's true the south did terrible things to black people and still are but that doesn't mean all people in the south are bad it's true now and it was true then the people in the movie are mainly stupid and blind following but they aren't evil just like in real life.
    Uhm yes they were. No one in the history of ever who has owned another human being could be called a good person. Maybe some didn't beat or rape the **** out of their "property" as others but yes they were bad, evil people. As was the entire system and society that made them think they were ok to do what they did.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Uhm yes they were. No one in the history of ever who has owned another human being could be called a good person. Maybe some didn't beat or rape the **** out of their "property" as others but yes they were bad, evil people. As was the entire system and society that made them think they were ok to do what they did.
    Oskar Schindler started off for all intents and purposes as a slave owner and was motivated by pure greed and took advantage of a bad situation but was far from being a evil person so there go your opinion of all slave owners being evil.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Yes, owning other people by definition makes a person bad, regardless of other factors or historical context.

This line of reasoning can be extended to other areas that do not necessarily apply, however. For instance, torturing and burning "witches." It's easy enough to say today that it's fundamentally evil and makes everyone who did it a bad person, but they mostly believed their actions were compassionate.

On the subject of “Avatar”, I could barely finish it. I didn’t see it in theaters. A friend at work bought it when it was released on Blu-ray & wanted me to watch it. For the record, I’m not a sci fi person. I can do Star Wars because I grew up with it. I read comics for yearsv so I’ll watch those films out of nostalgia. A straight up film with aliens is going to have trouble holding my interest. It took 2 sittings for me to finish the film. I don’t root for films to pass it at the box office but it’s always been an odd film to be #1 to me. I don’t get “Titanic” either though.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Oskar Schindler started off for all intents and purposes as a slave owner and was motivated by pure greed and took advantage of a bad situation but was far from being a evil person so there go your opinion of all slave owners being evil.
    Your poor analogy would only work for slave owners who freed all their slves and then worked on the Underground Railway.

There is really no moral defense for the Confedercy.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Your poor analogy would only work for slave owners who freed all their slves and then worked on the Underground Railway.

There is really no moral defense for the Confedercy.
    Hey way to be rude. It's not a poor analogy but whatever it's not good vs evil like you think and I'm not defending the Confederates or slavery never was my point was they weren't all evil people and they definitely weren't all good people some were born into it for others it was a way of life and didn't know better because they were stupid slavery was wrong and bad and evil but to say they were all evil people is just not true still doesn't excuse or justify what happened or what they were part of
    believer it or not good people sometimes do bad things but are still good you can disagree all you what and believe people are ether good or bad but you are in for a very big shock.
    Last edited by choptop; 05-26-2019 at 03:36 AM.

Ultimate Member

Come in looking for box office figures.

Sees discussions about slavery and confederacy.

Anyway I not sure Endgame is gonna make it.
    Last edited by choptop; 05-26-2019 at 03:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Come in looking for box office figures.

Sees discussions about slavery and confederacy.
    Lol yup was gonna chime in but those post are all gonna get deleted I'm sure soon enough. Endgames showing arr way down at the theater I go to. Went and saw Wick 3 again and Aladdin this weekend. Avengers was down to two screens.