View Poll Results: HOW MUCH WILL ENDGAME MAKE AT THE BOX OFFICE?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • WORLDWIDE: $3 billion or more

33 43.42%
  • WORLDWIDE: $2.50-$2.99 billion

34 44.74%
  • WORLDWIDE: $2.0-$2.49 billion

12 15.79%
  • DOMESTIC: $900 million to $1 billion+

13 17.11%
  • DOMESTIC: $800 million to $899 million

6 7.89%
  • DOMESTIC: $750 million to $799 million

1 1.32%
  • DOMESTIC: $700 million to $749 million

3 3.95%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

It has a very good chance of sinking Titanic. It will likely make in excess of $2 Billion. Although, if any film is ever to make $3 Billion, it will be this. It will be interesting to see what kind of legs it has in its second week.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I think it will make that money and more with merchandise, but the movie itself maybe 400 million under.
    I mean maybe for it's opening weekend, but all together? It's currently tracking towards a $345+ million opening weekend, think it's a safe bet it'll sprint past 400 million easily by next Friday, Infinity War made 678 million domestic, why would you think this movie would do substantially worse?
    Last edited by Hiromi; 04-28-2019 at 07:04 AM.

The latest estimate from Deadline is that Endgame will top $358 million this weekend.

https://deadline.com/2019/04/avenger...rd-1202602445/

Quote Originally Posted by Deadline.com
    The mindblowing mushrooming of Avengers: Endgame‘s box office weekend continues with early AM estimates for the Disney/Marvel pic showing easily an estimated $111.4M record for the day, that’s 30% down from Friday’s record $158.3M. This puts the Anthony and Joe Russo directed film at an extraordinary $358.5M. This numbers could change in a few hours as late night money is counted.

Note, Saturday is technically higher than Friday, if you back out the record $60M Thursday night previews. That would put Friday at $98.3M, and Saturday’s ticket sales at a 14% surge.

Endgame‘s Friday outstrips Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ previous opening and single day record of $119.1M by $39.2M, and Saturday beats Avengers: Infinity War‘s previous Saturday record of $82.1M by $29.3M.

Consider how staggering Endgame‘s $358.5M opening weekend is. That 3-day is $100.9M higher than the previous $257.6M debut record set by Avengers: Infinity War and $110.5M higher than Force Awakens’ $247.96M start. ComScore/Screen Engine reported yesterday that 62% of this weekend’s audience bought their tickets online ahead of time, while 36% purchased tickets at the theater. Reports of people literally taking off from work on Friday are abundant. No one wanted to miss this film and read about it on social media.
    This is having the predicted spillover effect for Captain Marvel as it is now predicted to drop only 9% from last weekend and take 2nd place at the box office this weekend bringing CM's domestic total to $413.8M.

Right now the estimates are around 1.2 billion ww for the opening weekend, 358 million domestic as said
    Last edited by Hiromi; 04-28-2019 at 09:15 AM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

So in about 10 days or so, Endgame should hit the 2 billion mark.

Not actually liking Avatar or Titanic, I would be delighted if it beat them both. I have a feeling it will but it might be very close. My prediction is it won’t reach 3 Billion, but it is difficult to overestimate this movie. We have never seen a movie with this kind of pull before. The anticipation was through the roof for a whole year. I have never seen a movie sell out my local cinemas in quite this way before, with multiple screens having no spare seats and those that have mostly scattered around in singles, despite a huge number of screenings. I have never experienced the positivity this move got in the screenings I watched it in. Not even Star Wars. The word of mouth is going to be very positive, the reviews have been very positive, the response amongst my non-comic book reading friends has been very positive. I can’t quite imagine a better set of signs that a movie will perform well.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    There might be a stronger drop-off than with other movies because everybody was so worried about spoilers, and as good as it was, I am not sure how many people have the time to watch a 3 hour movie more than once in a movie theater. I watched Black Panther twice, but I will wait for the blu-ray with Endgame.
    I don’t know. Quite a few are saying they want to see it again.

One thing to consider for next weekend was the sheer number of sellouts this weekend. If you didn't buy ahead getting to see it was a real pain, there could be a significant number of people (especially with the good word of mouth) that will try to see it once they believe the insane crowds die off some.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

I'm glad that Stan Lee got to film a cameo in this movie. It's fitting that his final cameo should be in the final chapter of the first storyline of the MCU.

However, it's kind of sad that he didn't get to see this massive opening for the film.

Of course, it's even sadder that Jack Kirby died in 1994, so he never got to see any of this.

At least Joe Simon lived long enough to see Captain America make it successfully to the screen after the lackluster serial, the TV movies, and the direct-to-video 1990 film.

It would have been great for Kirby to see his co-creations become billion dollar successes.

Retired

Box Office Mojo has ENDGAME at $1,209,000,000 worldwide--but how much of that is counted for the weekend, since it opened early?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    One thing to consider for next weekend was the sheer number of sellouts this weekend. If you didn't buy ahead getting to see it was a real pain, there could be a significant number of people (especially with the good word of mouth) that will try to see it once they believe the insane crowds die off some.
    Absolutely. My family and I will be going at least twice more once the crowd dies down.

3 billion seems like it's completely doable.

So captain marvel is back in 2nd place with only a 10% drop making both first and second place a marvel movie on the same week! Is this the first time this has happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    So captain marvel is back in 2nd place with only a 10% drop making both first and second place a marvel movie on the same week! Is this the first time this has happened?
    Probably, the only other one I could think of was Black Panther/Infinity War. But Black Panther 'only' finished in the top 5 that weekend.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4393&p=s.htm
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

BANNED

Between Buena Vista and Fox, Disney has 5 of the top 10 for the weekend