Thread: Witcher trailer

Default Witcher trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSqi-8kAMmM

Kind of interesting that it focuses a lot of Yennifer's backstory. Also seems to hint we'll see an adaptation of the original Witcher story which features the Striga, and which has been recounted a few times in the games (It's the intro cutscene for the first game) and the comics (In Curse of Crows).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Looks better than I was expecting. Is there any word on how many episodes the season will be?

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Looks better than I was expecting. Is there any word on how many episodes the season will be?
    Eight, if I recall correctly.

I was honestly hoping they might have more color in the palette. I know Netflix wants its own GoT, but it can be its own thing.

The games can be pretty bleak-looking at times too (This is something that sets the "Blood and Wine" expansion from the third game apart from the rest of 3-it's much more vibrant and colorful).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Only thing I'm still skeptical about is Cavill. It's really surreal seeing this in live-action. It made me realize how close I am to the property, from the game to the books. Hopefully, this does as well.

I like how the brotha had a clean cut. Someone in ancient fantasy world is running a black barbershop business.

I only know it from Witcher 3 but I think this looks amazing.

Wasn't sold on Yennifer when I first saw the actress but she was fine in the trailer from what I saw though I did have to google why her mouth looks so weird in so many clips - if her deformities that were later fixed were mentioned in Witcher 3 I missed it. Not so sure about the actresses who play Ciri or Triss yet but I'll wait and see. Cavill was fine and I have no worries about him.

Will absolutely be binging this as soon as it comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by HowitzerJoe View Post
    I like how the brotha had a clean cut. Someone in ancient fantasy world is running a black barbershop business.
    I haven't read the books but someone who has says he hates having facial hair in them which explains a lot to me about how Yennifer reacted to my Geralt in Witcher 3 when she saw him with a beard.