View Poll Results: HOW MUCH WILL ENDGAME MAKE AT THE BOX OFFICE?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • WORLDWIDE: $3 billion or more

33 43.42%
  • WORLDWIDE: $2.50-$2.99 billion

34 44.74%
  • WORLDWIDE: $2.0-$2.49 billion

12 15.79%
  • DOMESTIC: $900 million to $1 billion+

13 17.11%
  • DOMESTIC: $800 million to $899 million

6 7.89%
  • DOMESTIC: $750 million to $799 million

1 1.32%
  • DOMESTIC: $700 million to $749 million

3 3.95%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    It hasn't yet. It probably will after the weekend but right now Endgame sits at 1.66 billion while Force Awakens total haul is 2.07 billion.
    I meant in terms of outside the US.

Force Awakens made 1,131,561,399 in foreign gross for it's entire run
    https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=starwars7.htm

Endgame has already made 1,211,800,000.
    https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=marvel2019.htm
    Last edited by Kusanagi; 05-02-2019 at 02:13 PM.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

When all is said and done, I'll be interested to read Deadline's profitability analysis that they do for the big movies because Endgame cost A LOT!

PRODUCTION BUDGET:

Force Awakens - $245 million

Endgame - $356 million

And that's before prints & advertising costs of $150 million! So, it cost at least 0.5 billion.

Still, according to what Deadline has put together so far, Endgame has already reached Cash Breakeven.

They're estimating a profit of $600-650 million if Endgame gets to $2.5 billion worldwide.

It'll definitely be interesting to see what the final profit numbers are when it leaves theaters. Because of its high cost, Endgame might not be the most profitable film this year when Deadline does its Box Office Tournament roundup the way Infinity War was last year.

Could Star Wars end up being more profitable, or has the franchise cooled given fan backlash against both The Last Jedi and Solo? Either way, Disney wins as I don't know what other movie could outdo these two.

https://deadline.com/2019/04/avenger...el-1202603237/

https://deadline.com/2019/04/avenger...18-1202591380/

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    When all is said and done, I'll be interested to read Deadline's profitability analysis that they do for the big movies because Endgame cost A LOT!

PRODUCTION BUDGET:

Force Awakens - $245 million

Endgame - $356 million

And that's before prints & advertising costs of $150 million! So, it cost at least 0.5 billion.

Still, according to what Deadline has put together so far, Endgame has already reached Cash Breakeven.

They're estimating a profit of $600-650 million if Endgame gets to $2.5 billion worldwide.

It'll definitely be interesting to see what the final profit numbers are when it leaves theaters. Because of its high cost, Endgame might not be the most profitable film this year when Deadline does its Box Office Tournament roundup the way Infinity War was last year.

Could Star Wars end up being more profitable, or has the franchise cooled given fan backlash against both The Last Jedi and Solo? Either way, Disney wins as I don't know what other movie could outdo these two.

https://deadline.com/2019/04/avenger...el-1202603237/

https://deadline.com/2019/04/avenger...18-1202591380/
    Only other movies with a shot at 1bil is Lion King,Frozen 2, Toy story 4. Maybe Spiderman if it gets a endgame bump. Hobbs and shaw maybe aswell. Iono the Budgets of these so iono if they can't beat 650m profit. How Aladdin tracking?

Edit Aladdin tracking at 80m opening weekend. Unless it has great legs and does great internationally iono if this has a chance at 1bil. Regardless Disneys gonna kill it this year.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 05-02-2019 at 06:05 PM.

So looks like everything short of Avatar it's a guarentee too pass. Avatar and 3b are up in the air.

This movie is crazy. At our reserved seat theater where I can actually see how full a theater is, every showing after 3:00 today is at least half full and every showing is almost full for Saturday. And they're having 32 showings. I don't see Avatar as especially out of the question or even 3 billion. It really depends on how much it drops this week, but I could see a situation where it's a surprisingly low drop. This movie isn't following any of the typical conventions anyways.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    So looks like everything short of Avatar it's a guarentee too pass. Avatar and 3b are up in the air.
    Yep, it's pretty crazy.

$2bn in about two weeks....

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

I was surprised that I was able to see this on opening.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    The funny thing is the article actually low balled it some. It estimated that endgame might have around 1.4 billion going into the weekend and projected the worst case scenario around 1.7 billion. It was at 1.6 close of business Wednesday and might have already hit 1.7 when the Thursday numbers come in today. I'd say 2 billion is a very safe bet before the end of the weekend.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Box Office Mojo wrote its weekend forecast yesterday.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4508&p=.htm

They're forecasting a drop of 57% domestically for this second weekend, which would give Endgame a weekend 2 domestic gross of $154 million.

If it does so, Endgame will add a new record to its list: the biggest domestic second weekend -- beating out The Force Awakens, which grossed $149.2 million.

Of course, if you adjust the box office to today's average ticket price TFA's becomes $154.5, so even then Endgame has a chance at sharing the best 2nd weekend with Star Wars: The Force Awakens -- still an additional record for Endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    The funny thing is the article actually low balled it some. It estimated that endgame might have around 1.4 billion going into the weekend and projected the worst case scenario around 1.7 billion. It was at 1.6 close of business Wednesday and might have already hit 1.7 when the Thursday numbers come in today. I'd say 2 billion is a very safe bet before the end of the weekend.
    and the actual ended up being 1.785, kinda hilarious it just keeps making a mockery of the projections, my Saturday prediction at the latest for crossing 2 bil's looking pretty good right now imo
    Last edited by Hiromi; 05-03-2019 at 12:52 PM.

The international box office numbers this early are crazy.

I mean the domestic box office is phenomenal but it's not groundbreakings. It's a top 10 top 5 performer, but this international box office number is absurd. And it keeps growing.
    The J-man

breaking into the 600+ range in it's second weekend is pretty amazing and groundbreaking domestic wise, keep in mind that means it's almost guaranteed to break 700+ by it's third weekend, something only three other movies have done in their entire runs, it's almost assured to be at the very least have the second highest domestic BO ever

While I don't think it will, I do think it would be cool if it can top 982 million because that would put it in the top 10 all time adjusted for inflation. Force Awakens only made it to #11. Captain Marvel for comparison's sake currently sits at #128 with a shot to move up to #123 after this weekend.

With the advent of piracy and home viewing I didn't think any modern movie would ever make the top 10. It currently sits at #101 but will continue to skyrocket up the charts as if it gets the 150 million or so its projected this weekend it will be in the 40's by Sunday.

If it does make the top 10 though #9 is as high as it will go as #8, Doctor Zhivago, sits at over 1.1 billion and thats beyond any realistic expectations.

Astonishing Member

Endgame numbers are crazy. Unfortunately I think it's going to finish second domestic and second worldwide. Avatar had a staggering 9 countries with over 100M+. Force Awakens will eventually take the lead back since it opened during Christmas. I wonder how Endgame would have performed if Disney pushed it back to Christmas.