View Poll Results: HOW MUCH WILL ENDGAME MAKE AT THE BOX OFFICE?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • WORLDWIDE: $3 billion or more

33 43.42%
  • WORLDWIDE: $2.50-$2.99 billion

34 44.74%
  • WORLDWIDE: $2.0-$2.49 billion

12 15.79%
  • DOMESTIC: $900 million to $1 billion+

13 17.11%
  • DOMESTIC: $800 million to $899 million

6 7.89%
  • DOMESTIC: $750 million to $799 million

1 1.32%
  • DOMESTIC: $700 million to $749 million

3 3.95%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Lion King and Frozen 2? Wonder how Aladdin and Toy Story 4 will do as well.
    You're right I forgot some of those. Frozen 2 yeah definitely, Toy Story 4 so long as it gets good reviews probably. After Dumbo's flop I'm not sure about the 'live action remakes' though I think Lion King is more likely than Aladdin.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Lion king is a cartoon and Disney cartoons due well. There is no live action in it at all. It's as much of a live action movie as the care bears movie!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Lion king is a cartoon and Disney cartoons due well. There is no live action in it at all. It's as much of a live action movie as the care bears movie!
    Yeah that's why I put in in quotes, there's nothing live action about Lion King but it still gets classed with them.

On some of the other movies mentioned.
    Secret Life of Pets 2: Doubt it, first one didn't crack a billion not sure why this one would get a boost.

Maleficent 2: First one did worse then Secret Life of pets, was anyone really clamoring for this?

Hobbs and Shaw: Potential, I think some of the love for the series has faded in the US but it's still really popular overseas. Plus the Rock is generally money.

Spider-Man Far from home: Last one didn't crack a billion, but it might get an Endgame boost. So possible. On the other hand how many people will see Endgame as their jumping off point? We'll see.

Godzilla: I think this one will depend on word of mouth. It looks gorgeous and will likely open well, but if it's a trash movie not sure it will have the legs.
    Last edited by Kusanagi; 04-29-2019 at 06:23 AM.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Does anyone have a link to a foreign box office breakdown? I usually use box office mojo. They list the foreign box office at $859,000,000 which is crazy, but when you go to the country breakdown it's over $400M short. Only 15 countries are listed, but these countries usually make up the bulk of the foreign box office.

Australia, Brazil, China, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Malaysia, Mexico, Philippines, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, United Kingdom

I'm looking for that missing $400M+. Anyone got any good websites or ideas. African Nations? Japan? South American Nations? All the above?

just means they don't have all the individual data yet

Quote Originally Posted by Gorthon616 View Post
    Not doing the math, but yours is clearly a little bit off as the top 4 (China ($330.5m), UK ($53.8m), Korea ($47.4m), Mexico ($33.1m)) already account for 464.8 million of the 859 million internationally. So the amount missing from the list is clearly less than 400 million.
    not according to boxoffice mojo when I posted

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies...marvel2019.htm

Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 12.10.17 PM.jpg
    The J-man

Retired

I haven't seen a response yet to my question about total weekend vs total thus far (thru Sunday). In the record books, it seems like those would be two different things, as some money worldwide was accumulated prior to the Thursday night previews.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

not according to boxoffice mojo when I posted

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies...marvel2019.htm
    The grand total is "as of" 4.28. The country-specific totals below are not for most of the list.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    The grand total is "as of" 4.28. The country-specific totals below are not for most of the list.
    I'm asking about where to get more accurate information and other countries
    The J-man

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I'm asking about where to get more accurate information and other countries
    Box office mojo will have them, it’ll just take a little while to get there. Not sure if any other sites will have any new & accurate information.

BANNED

I voted yes, that it will. Actuals are in, and it's been adjusted up about $14m combined:

AVENGERS: ENDGAME's 'Actual' Weekend Box Office Record Edges Higherl - Newsarama
    ... domestic box office...

$357.11m is now the official figure, bumping up all its various records a few million here and there.

Assuming its $866m overseas figure still holds, that gives Endgame a record $1.223 billion global launch. ...
    Those still doubting it can hit & even surpass $3B are continuing to underestimate it, IMO. I think it'll already be over the $2B mark by this same time neXt week. It only has to do less than $780m now, starting & including today, to get there. NA & China alone, can & will easily account for well over half that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    I voted yes, that it will. Actuals are in, and it's been adjusted up about $14m combined:

AVENGERS: ENDGAME's 'Actual' Weekend Box Office Record Edges Higherl - Newsarama

Those still doubting it can hit & even surpass $3B are continuing to underestimate it, IMO. I think it'll already be over the $2B mark by this same time neXt week. It only has to do less than $780m now, starting & including today, to get there. NA & China alone, can & will easily account for well over half that.
    A drop of only 45% would be an enormous achievement with no new significant markets opening.

BANNED

Here's some international stats, based on the earlier, slightly lesser estimates:

Oh, Snap! ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Rises To $1.22B+ Global & $866M Overseas Record Bows; Climbs All-Time Charts – International Box Office - Deadline
    ... launch at No. 1 in 54 markets...

... the highest opening weekend in industry history in 44 markets...

... Thanos was on fire in Latin America where every market logged the biggest weekend ever. Across the region, the cume was $100M, topping Infinity War’s record $74M. In Asia-Pacific, the regional total was $545M to top IW’s record $340M. Europe/Middle East/Africa brought in $214M for another regional record, topping Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ $172M. ...

... Here are the Top 15 markets through Sunday: China ($330.5M), UK ($53.8M), Korea ($47.4M), Mexico ($33.1M), Australia ($30.8M), Germany ($26.9M), India ($26.7M), Brazil ($26M), France ($24.2M), Italy ($19M), Philippines ($17.9M), Thailand ($14.3M), Indonesia ($14.1M), Spain ($13.3M) and Japan ($13M). ...
    Believe Russia is the only market it has yet to open in.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    A drop of only 45% would be an enormous achievement with no new significant markets opening.
    Over the entire week, tho, not just the upcoming weekend. And something to keep in mind, from that same Deadline link:

... In China today, Endgame is estimated to have assembled another $18.2M ahead of a four-day extended break that begins Wednesday. This is not included in the totals above. ...

BANNED

If it can accumulate another $230-240m across all territories, from now through Thurs. night, that'll leave only $540-550m that it has to do in the same over the Fri.-Sun. 3-day. Which would be a more average 55% drop from its current WW total as of yesterday.

Yeah, I would fully expect Endgame to earn another billion by next Sunday worldwide.

So, it should be $2.2+ billion when the actuals come in next Monday.

Then, it would "only" need $800 million to hit $3 billion, and I should have left out the quotations because I really believe it's achievable.

I underestimated things in my own poll. I voted $2.5-2.99 billion.