View Poll Results: HOW MUCH WILL ENDGAME MAKE AT THE BOX OFFICE?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • WORLDWIDE: $3 billion or more

33 43.42%
  • WORLDWIDE: $2.50-$2.99 billion

34 44.74%
  • WORLDWIDE: $2.0-$2.49 billion

12 15.79%
  • DOMESTIC: $900 million to $1 billion+

13 17.11%
  • DOMESTIC: $800 million to $899 million

6 7.89%
  • DOMESTIC: $750 million to $799 million

1 1.32%
  • DOMESTIC: $700 million to $749 million

3 3.95%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Hey way to be rude. It's not a poor analogy but whatever it's not good vs evil like you think and I'm not defending the Confederates or slavery never was my point was they weren't all evil people and they definitely weren't all good people some were born into it for others it was a way of life and didn't know better because they were stupid slavery was wrong and bad and evil but to say they were all evil people is just not true still doesn't excuse or justify what happened or what they were part of
    believer it or not good people sometimes do bad things but are still good you can disagree all you what and believe people are ether good or bad but you are in for a very big shock.
    I was just countering your point. Sorry if it came off as rude. That was not my intention. There is a whole other discussion of when good people allow or enable evil to happen. As with slavery or Nazi Germany. Some parallels are apt today with our current Administration.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Lol yup was gonna chime in but those post are all gonna get deleted I'm sure soon enough. Endgames showing arr way down at the theater I go to. Went and saw Wick 3 again and Aladdin this weekend. Avengers was down to two screens.
    Yeah, Endgame dropped off a lot harder than I expected.

It might not end up hitting Avatar.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

On paper it looks like it will surpass Avatar but it’s hard to say one way or the other without a more detailed breakdown of its global intake.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I was just countering your point. Sorry if it came off as rude. That was not my intention. There is a whole other discussion of when good people allow or enable evil to happen. As with slavery or Nazi Germany. Some parallels are apt today with our current Administration.
    It's no problem we are good and I agree 100% with this.

It's ahead of Avatar Domestically, and behind about $100 mil Worldwide. I am not sure why this matters?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Based on its current pace, Endgame should bring in about 75M more domestically which means it only needs another 40M(ish) from the rest of the markets to surpass Avatar.

after today it'll most likely be less than 100 million behind Avatar

We now have Box Office Mojo's estimates for the 4-day weekend ending today.

Mojo is estimating that Endgame will take in $22,300,000 during the 4-day for a domestic total of $803,631,736.

This makes it official that Avengers: Endgame is only the 2nd movie to cross $800 million at the unadjusted domestic box office.

Worldwide is at $2,682,931,736, meaning that Endgame now trails Avatar by $105,033,351.

I still believe that Endgame can beat this, but remember, there's also the question in the thread title to contend with.

Will Avengers: Endgame make $3 billion at the box office?

Given that Endgame is still over $300 million away from that milestone, I no longer think it can.

So, of the 4 possible records Endgame could have achieved: Highest Domestic, Highest Foreign, Highest Worldwide, and $3 Billion, it seems that Avengers: Endgame will only achieve one of those records -- Highest Worldwide when it surpasses Avatar's worldwide gross.

If Endgame can possibly gross another $148.2 million in foreign, then it will also have the Highest Foreign gross, stealing that record from Avatar as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Based on its current pace, Endgame should bring in about 75M more domestically which means it only needs another 40M(ish) from the rest of the markets to surpass Avatar.
    Doubtful it will bring it that much. Domestically Endgame has been tracking virtually identically to Infinity now for a couple of weeks bringing in virtually identical numbers every single day. Since day 14 or so, we are now at day 33, there has rarely been more than a few hundred thousand between the two on a day to day basis with Endgame making more some days and Infinity making more others. At the same point of release Infinity had made 629 million and finished with 678 million. As such 49 million would be a more realistic estimate for Endgame. You can see a day to day comparison on this chart along with how it compared to other blockbusters. You can also see on this chart why it became obvious within a week that Endgame wasn't going to beat Force Awakens domestically as it fell off hard compared to Force Awakens.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/showdo...svstarwars.htm

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Doubtful it will bring it that much. Domestically Endgame has been tracking virtually identically to Infinity now for a couple of weeks bringing in virtually identical numbers every single day. Since day 14 or so, we are now at day 33, there has rarely been more than a few hundred thousand between the two on a day to day basis with Endgame making more some days and Infinity making more others. At the same point of release Infinity had made 629 million and finished with 678 million. As such 49 million would be a more realistic estimate for Endgame. You can see a day to day comparison on this chart along with how it compared to other blockbusters. You can also see on this chart why it became obvious within a week that Endgame wasn't going to beat Force Awakens domestically as it fell off hard compared to Force Awakens.

That was my mistake. Somehow I was looking at the wrong numbers when I made that comparison.

So domestically it will bring in about 50M which means the rest of the markets need to bring about 65M for endgame to surpass Avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post

It is worth asking though if, like with Captain Marvel, Avengers: Endgame gets a sequel boost from Spider-Man: Far From Home. After all, the latter film is being marketed as a direct sequel to it. If that perception takes, we could see rewatches of Endgame spike prior to Spider-Man: Far From Home in a way Infinity War’s didn’t with Ant-Man and the Wasp (there wasn’t a sold connection between the two in the marketing).
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    It is worth asking though if, like with Captain Marvel, Avengers: Endgame gets a sequel boost from Spider-Man: Far From Home. After all, the latter film is being marketed as a direct sequel to it. If that perception takes, we could see rewatches of Endgame spike prior to Spider-Man: Far From Home in a way Infinity War’s didn’t with Ant-Man and the Wasp (there wasn’t a sold connection between the two in the marketing).
    I have been wondering the same thing. Especially if Spider-Man fans ask their general superhero movie going friends 'do I need to have seen Endgame'. As Stark was important to the previous Spider-Man movie the answer would have to be 'maybe'.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I have been wondering the same thing. Especially if Spider-Man fans ask their general superhero movie going friends 'do I need to have seen Endgame'. As Stark was important to the previous Spider-Man movie the answer would have to be 'maybe'.
    The same phenomenon worked for Captain Marvel IIRC, in that it resurged to #2 at the box office at around the opening of Endgame just for the question, 'do I need to see Captain Marvel'.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    The same phenomenon worked for Captain Marvel IIRC, in that it resurged to #2 at the box office at around the opening of Endgame just for the question, 'do I need to see Captain Marvel'.
    That is correct, the first time Marvel went 1-2 the same weekend.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Looking at the current figures I would imagine Marvel/Disney will have Avatar in their sights now, and will endeavour to tweak the number of discount matinee performances and all the other tricks of the trade to try and push the takings over that target worldwide. If they can squeeze another 75-80 million out of the domestic market I would imagine that would be enough to tip it. That would be at the very top of current estimates, but where there is a will.

They could even re-release Infinity War for the last holiday weekend of the run and show them as a double feature in matinee theatres if it looks close.