View Poll Results: HOW MUCH WILL ENDGAME MAKE AT THE BOX OFFICE?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • WORLDWIDE: $3 billion or more

33 43.42%
  • WORLDWIDE: $2.50-$2.99 billion

34 44.74%
  • WORLDWIDE: $2.0-$2.49 billion

12 15.79%
  • DOMESTIC: $900 million to $1 billion+

13 17.11%
  • DOMESTIC: $800 million to $899 million

6 7.89%
  • DOMESTIC: $750 million to $799 million

1 1.32%
  • DOMESTIC: $700 million to $749 million

3 3.95%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Absent the actuals coming in domestically, Avengers: Endgame's international numbers have been adjusted up, bringing its global gross to $2,489,371,188--in other words, it is within $300 million of Avatar. It needs an additional $298 million. With actuals still to come on the domestic figure, I expect that'll be bumped up a little too. I still think we can expect Endgame to perform at Infinity War levels or higher for the rest of its domestic run, so I still expect it to at least get to $855 million domestic with an additional $130 million. With that, another $168 million internationally is only two more weekends worth of grosses, even accounting for similar percentage drops that we saw the international market take weekend to weekend this past one (not including the daily values that will run through to these weekend numbers). Avatar will fall.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

We now have weekend actuals from Boxofficemojo.

Turns out the estimates were pretty accurate for Avengers: Endgame. It dropped 57.1% (it was estimated at 57.2%).

So, actuals for Endgame's 3rd weekend was $63,299,066.

This brings Endgame's domestic total to $723,745,643. Foreign is now being reported at $1,765,871,449, so worldwide is now at $2,489,617,092.

It was actually Detective Pikachu's domestic that was over-estimated. Estimates were $58 million, but actuals came in at $54,365,242. I've never seen that wide a gap between estimates and actuals before.

Anyway, Endgame now needs $298,347,995‬ to match Avatar's worldwide record.

So, it looks like Avengers: Endgame is pacing towards a definite second place finish behind The Force Awakens at the domestic box office, with it expected to surpass Avatar's domestic gross this weekend. It will probably be well north of it and cross $800 million domestic throughout Memorial Day weekend. That would definitely put it, at least, on pace to make up to $855 million. Though, the flip side of that is that it could also make north of that, bringing its total closer to $900 million. It's difficult to say how well it will ultimately do. It seems likely that John Wick Chapter 3 will be the first film to top Endgame in the number one spot, with Endgame likely making anywhere between $27 million and $35 million in its third frame. I'd expect something closer to the high end of that number as I think that Detective Pikachu is the real family film that took a bite out of Endgame's box office potential last weekend. Still, John Wick Chapter 3 will probably come in closer to $40 million in its opening weekend.

As for international numbers, Detective Pikachu only beat out Endgame's number by a couple million last weekend. If they both hold like they should against a film franchise that isn't particularly big internationally (and won't open in China) with John Wick Chapter 3, we could see Endgame suffer a smaller drop than it did the previous weekend. It is worth noting that a lot of that drop was as a result of slowing grosses in China, where it has already made over $600 million and has become, by far and away, the biggest foreign film in the country. Still, I expect Endgame will need another two or three weekends to cross Avatar worldwide, combined with its performance as the second highest grossing domestic and second highest grossing international film. After that, any other gains will be pretty much nominal, as well as good for little more than trivia and a few extra bucks for Iger's next pay raise.

Extraordinary Member

I really want it to do $3B and set the bar for future movies. But it is kind of petering out...but $300,000,000 to go to soundly trounce the weird blue alien movie. So everyone get out and see it one more time.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I really want it to do $3B and set the bar for future movies. But it is kind of petering out...but $300,000,000 to go to soundly trounce the weird blue alien movie. So everyone get out and see it one more time.
    I plan to watch it at least once more.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    I plan to watch it at least once more.
    If you're willing to pay $200,000,000 for your ticket, that'd be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    If you're willing to pay $200,000,000 for your ticket, that'd be helpful.
    LOL...I'll sell some stuff and get right on that.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

BANNED

Disney should just buy out movie theaters like they were doing for Captain Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy_hansen View Post
    Disney should just buy out movie theaters like they were doing for Captain Marvel.
    What......?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    What......?
    That was one of the non sense conspiracy theories. Cm was a flop but Dinsey bought our theaters to pad the movie.... all the way to 1bil lol

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    That was one of the non sense conspiracy theories. Cm was a flop but Dinsey bought our theaters to pad the movie.... all the way to 1bil lol
    That's silly it did 1B because it was a ok/good movie and was leeding into endgame simple as that.

BANNED

You've been bought by Disney!

In all seriousness, I think it will fall short of Avatar, sadly.

Astonishing Member

Hm, as much i like to see it top Avatar, in the end it doesnt matter, anyway. It made a ton of money.

Its like telling Bill Gates he lost to Jeff Bezos in terms of worth/income whatever...With numbers like these its just prestige if you are number 1 oder "just" 2...

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    It probably was nonsense with Captain Marvel but behind every conspiracy theory there sometimes is a grain of truth because the buying out of theaters to pad sales did happen only with Black Panther. I'm not talking about the early sales where celebrities bought tickets for inner city youths and stuff, I'm talking about the very obvious buying up of theaters near the end of its run to push it over 700 million.

You can follow the numbers on Boxofficemojo's chart to see it for yourself but in summary BP topped 699 million on June 2nd. By June 5th it was only at 699,754,000 and was usually bringing in less than $10,000 a day. By July 30th is was at 699,955,000 and was bringing in just hundreds of dollars a day. It just obviously wasn't going to make 700 million this far into its run and only being in a very few theaters nationwide anymore. On August 1st it made grand total of $400 nationwide. Then suddenly starting August 2nd, the LAST week, of its box office run it suddenly starts bringing in over $10,000 a day every day and it ekes over 700 million and then ends its box office run. It jumped over 3000% in one day. Someone or some company with money aka Disney obviously bought up tickets in the last remaining days to get it over 700 million since thats a bragging rights number.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies...arvel2017b.htm

I'm sure if Captain Marvel was stuck at 399 or 499 million we'd see similar hijinks but with it currently sitting at 424 million and unlikely to top 430 million at this late stage of its run its not needed.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    It probably was nonsense with Captain Marvel but behind every conspiracy theory there sometimes is a grain of truth because the buying out of theaters to pad sales did happen only with Black Panther. I'm not talking about the early sales where celebrities bought tickets for inner city youths and stuff, I'm talking about the very obvious buying up of theaters near the end of its run to push it over 700 million.

You can follow the numbers on Boxofficemojo's chart to see it for yourself but in summary BP topped 699 million on June 2nd. By June 5th it was only at 699,754,000 and was usually bringing in less than $10,000 a day. By July 30th is was at 699,955,000 and was bringing in just hundreds of dollars a day. It just obviously wasn't going to make 700 million this far into its run and only being in a very few theaters nationwide anymore. On August 1st it made grand total of $400 nationwide. Then suddenly starting August 2nd, the LAST week, of its box office run it suddenly starts bringing in over $10,000 a day every day and it ekes over 700 million and then ends its box office run. It jumped over 3000% in one day. Someone or some company with money aka Disney obviously bought up tickets in the last remaining days to get it over 700 million since thats a bragging rights number.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies...arvel2017b.htm

I'm sure if Captain Marvel was stuck at 399 or 499 million we'd see similar hijinks but with it currently sitting at 424 million and unlikely to top 430 million at this late stage of its run its not needed.
    All they did was push the film to more theaters and expand the count so people early had the opportunity to see it back in theaters. They didn’t buy up theaters. But it went from a small number of theaters to an inflated count. You can see that in the site numbers you provided.