View Poll Results: HOW MUCH WILL ENDGAME MAKE AT THE BOX OFFICE?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • WORLDWIDE: $3 billion or more

33 43.42%
  • WORLDWIDE: $2.50-$2.99 billion

34 44.74%
  • WORLDWIDE: $2.0-$2.49 billion

12 15.79%
  • DOMESTIC: $900 million to $1 billion+

13 17.11%
  • DOMESTIC: $800 million to $899 million

6 7.89%
  • DOMESTIC: $750 million to $799 million

1 1.32%
  • DOMESTIC: $700 million to $749 million

3 3.95%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Well that’s just silly isn’t it. It was just that it only made 10.74 million in specific theatres. It is a matter of record.
    34 million. 10.74 million is its domestic number. Its the worldwide number that Endgame is shooting for as I don't see a new end credit scene bringing in the 104 million Endgame is currently behind Force Awakens domestically.

Retired

I think they were talking about the worldwide difference between AVATAR and ENDGAME, which is about 43.5 million (unadjusted for inflation), so the 34 million extra that AVATAR made is a significant part of that difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I think they were talking about the worldwide difference between AVATAR and ENDGAME, which is about 43.5 million (unadjusted for inflation), so the 34 million extra that AVATAR made is a significant part of that difference.

I don't know if Endgame can get another $43 million worldwide from its remaining standard edition + extended edition release.

It closed in China over 3 weeks ago, and I don't think that an extra 7 minutes plus a Stan Lee tribute is going to get people to sit through a 3 hour movie again when the extra footage can likely be seen on the Blu-Ray.

In fact, I would guess the 7 minutes IS from the extra stuff they were planning for the home video version in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    I don't know if Endgame can get another $43 million worldwide from its remaining standard edition + extended edition release.

It closed in China over 3 weeks ago, and I don't think that an extra 7 minutes plus a Stan Lee tribute is going to get people to sit through a 3 hour movie again when the extra footage can likely be seen on the Blu-Ray.

In fact, I would guess the 7 minutes IS from the extra stuff they were planning for the home video version in the first place.
    Domestically at the same point of release Infinity eked out another 12 million over the final 80 days it was in theaters. Endgame hasn't beaten Infinity on a day to day comparison in weeks so without the release it probably would have only got another 8-10 million max. It seems to have pretty much run its course overseas having either ended its run or making next to nothing.

So the special edition will have to pull in 34 million or so more than it would have brought otherwise.

I just don't see it happening either.

But at least now because of this the Avatar haters will no longer be able to use its special edition as an excuse for why it beat Endgame.

Why do we all care if any movie beats Avatar at the box office?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Why do we all care if any movie beats Avatar at the box office?
    Braggin rights....so we comic book fans can go...see #1 ALL-TIME ! I do love that Disney is now buying into this now and wants it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Today begins the re-release with it still needing 37 million to catch Avatar. Boxofficemojo is only predicting a 2.5 million weekend domestically so if that is even close to accurate then its still not going to catch Avatar, especially with it hitting home video in a month.

Might have been better if they hadn't done the re-release because if it had come within 34 million of Avatar, the amount it made in its re-release, people could have used that as an excuse but now there will be no excuse.

I saw the re-release today. The additional footage was just OK.

My main reason for seeing this film again was to help it try to go ahead of Avatar in worldwide box office.

Quote Originally Posted by karatattoo View Post
    I saw the re-release today. The additional footage was just OK.

My main reason for seeing this film again was to help it try to go ahead of Avatar in worldwide box office.

Feel free to use spoiler tags, but what exactly was the new footage?

Is it just what has been reported -- a new introduction, a Stan Lee tribute, a preview of Far From Home, and an unfinished Hulk scene?

Were all the new features either before or after the movie or was there anything actually IN the movie itself?

BANNED

Probably the wrong thread, but I love this.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Probably the wrong thread, but I love this.

Lol I like how Tyson defends Caps sheild coming back to him. Even marvel made fun of that in Civil War. Think Spidey says something about Caps sheild defying the laws of physics. Which I guess if we take the Vibranium being special metal and just assume Cap throws the sheild with the accuracy of Hawkeye he could always get it to bounce back to him. So spidey was wrong.... because Vibranium.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I saw the re-release today and thought the tribute to Stan was very touching. I just wish it had been maybe a couple minutes longer with a slide show of him throughout his career and life.

The poster is really cool too. Love you 3000 Stan!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Lol I like how Tyson defends Caps sheild coming back to him. Even marvel made fun of that in Civil War. Think Spidey says something about Caps sheild defying the laws of physics. Which I guess if we take the Vibranium being special metal and just assume Cap throws the sheild with the accuracy of Hawkeye he could always get it to bounce back to him. So spidey was wrong.... because Vibranium.
    I always thought that of vibranium's property is to absorbs all vibration, then it should never bounce off anything. Whatever it hit, it would absorb the vibration of impact and just fall immediately to the ground, losing all inertia. But you can do what you want with a magic metal I guess.

One trillion guaranteed.

It feels as if Disney has cheapened the movie by releasing it twice so it can beat Avatar. I liked there was no post credit scene. It solidified the finale. The editing and new add ons scenes that will mean little, belittles what the movie was supposed to mean to the MCU. Disney now owns Avatar, why are they still acting so greedy.