View Poll Results: HOW MUCH WILL ENDGAME MAKE AT THE BOX OFFICE?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • WORLDWIDE: $3 billion or more

33 43.42%
  • WORLDWIDE: $2.50-$2.99 billion

34 44.74%
  • WORLDWIDE: $2.0-$2.49 billion

12 15.79%
  • DOMESTIC: $900 million to $1 billion+

13 17.11%
  • DOMESTIC: $800 million to $899 million

6 7.89%
  • DOMESTIC: $750 million to $799 million

1 1.32%
  • DOMESTIC: $700 million to $749 million

3 3.95%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627 LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Today begins the re-release with it still needing 37 million to catch Avatar. Boxofficemojo is only predicting a 2.5 million weekend domestically so if that is even close to accurate then its still not going to catch Avatar, especially with it hitting home video in a month.

Might have been better if they hadn't done the re-release because if it had come within 34 million of Avatar, the amount it made in its re-release, people could have used that as an excuse but now there will be no excuse.

The film did double that and did $5.5+ million for the weekend and jumped back to 7th. This week will be interesting to see what happens as Spider-Man arrives July 2nd. Captain Marvel itself got a boost as a film when Avengers came out back in April for a week or two.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The film did double that and did $5.5+ million for the weekend and jumped back to 7th. This week will be interesting to see what happens as Spider-Man arrives July 2nd. Captain Marvel itself got a boost as a film when Avengers came out back in April for a week or two.
    Edngame's been out 2 months

Retired

When I look at Box Office Mojo, ENDGAME is listed 72 worldwide but it's positioned between 1 and 2 (AVATAR and TITANIC) on the list. Is this a hack, someone being funny, adjusted for inflation?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    When I look at Box Office Mojo, ENDGAME is listed 72 worldwide but it's positioned between 1 and 2 (AVATAR and TITANIC) on the list. Is this a hack, someone being funny, adjusted for inflation?
    Guessing it's an honest mistake. 72 would be the correct number if looking at domestic total only. Looks like a coding error on the site to me

Astonishing Member

I can see them re-releasing Avatar right before the sequel comes out so in the long run they’ll probably retake #1.

Retired

Another thing I noticed looking at Box Office Mojo is that the percent change for DUMBO over the weekend was much greater than ENDGAME--by a magnitude of ten. Is there a reason for this? Was there some event I'm unware of that drove families back to the theatre to see DUMBO? Or is it that, with the kids finally out from school, parents chose DUMBO as a reward to the kids for making it through another year?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    I can see them re-releasing Avatar right before the sequel comes out so in the long run they’ll probably retake #1.
    They must definitely will. A 12 year gap between the original and the sequel(could be more if they don't hurry up).

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Guessing it's an honest mistake. 72 would be the correct number if looking at domestic total only. Looks like a coding error on the site to me
    They fixed things on the site and actually took in the updated overseas gross for Endgame. Its now needing $26+ million to pass Avatar.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    But now that Disney owns Avatar, they can choose not to release it to theaters so that the Avengers record would be preserved.

For the sequel, Disney can do a special Disney+ promotion where Disney+ is free for a weekend, but all they'll do is show Avatar 24/7 for 3 days straight the week before the sequel opens.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    But now that Disney owns Avatar, they can choose not to release it to theaters so that the Avengers record would be preserved.

For the sequel, Disney can do a special Disney+ promotion where Disney+ is free for a weekend, but all they'll do is show Avatar 24/7 for 3 days straight the week before the sequel opens.
    Yes, it would seem better marketing wise to have #1 all time movie belong to an ongoing franchise. I still won’t believe in Avatar 2 until I see a trailer. It is at least a 50-50 shot that Cameron announces Avatar has expanded to 6 or 7 movies instead of starting on the second one. That is how we got to 4 sequels announced and 0 started.

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    Yes, it would seem better marketing wise to have #1 all time movie belong to an ongoing franchise. I still won’t believe in Avatar 2 until I see a trailer. It is at least a 50-50 shot that Cameron announces Avatar has expanded to 6 or 7 movies instead of starting on the second one. That is how we got to 4 sequels announced and 0 started.
    James Cameron is the medical scientist of expensive movies. His whole career is about a break through in movie techno bubbles. Avatar sequels are taking so long because Cameron is trying to achieve a breakthrough in 5D or something else, we have never seen in movies.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Disney plans to start pushing out Avatar movies every other year soon so Cameron must be close to a breakthrough.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post

Why do you think they have more loyalty to one acquired brand over another? Avengers is established and all the top stars from those movies are starting to move on. Avatar is trying to reignite it’s franchise and Fisney has a whole theme park section devoted to it. They don’t care which property gets bragging rights.

No offense but this is just fan delusion. Disney doesn’t care between the two and quite frankly Endgame isn’t getting their anyways. Even if it got a slight bump from last week it’s not going to make it with diminishing returns after.

It's honestly pathetic how Disney is trying to meme Endgame into the highest grossing film. Its almost as if they know the movie (and franchise) are garbage and won't have a legacy within the year.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    It's honestly pathetic how Disney is trying to meme Endgame into the highest grossing film. Its almost as if they know the movie (and franchise) are garbage and won't have a legacy within the year.

Now to be serious , as pointed out Avatar already had a re-release back in 2013 with added footage etc to increase its box office worldwide. It originally had $2.749+ Billion before the re-release pushed it past that. Had Avengers not did a re-release it originally would have passed Avatar's total with $2.750+ billion. Disney just wants the mark basically since Avengers is their key franchise as we see.