View Poll Results: HOW MUCH WILL ENDGAME MAKE AT THE BOX OFFICE?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • WORLDWIDE: $3 billion or more

33 43.42%
  • WORLDWIDE: $2.50-$2.99 billion

34 44.74%
  • WORLDWIDE: $2.0-$2.49 billion

12 15.79%
  • DOMESTIC: $900 million to $1 billion+

13 17.11%
  • DOMESTIC: $800 million to $899 million

6 7.89%
  • DOMESTIC: $750 million to $799 million

1 1.32%
  • DOMESTIC: $700 million to $749 million

3 3.95%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post

With the advent of piracy
    I really don't think piracy hurts tickets. Who wants to watch crappy cam versions, especially for big budget movies like Endgame.

It beat Jurassic world and will beat avengers iw's full box office take in just 2 weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    I really don't think piracy hurts tickets. Who wants to watch crappy cam versions, especially for big budget movies like Endgame.
    Not all of them are crappy cam versions.

I'll admit I watched a pirated version of the rebooted Star Trek some years ago. It was movie quality and there was a logo at the bottom indicating which media company it had been given to. Film reviewers get movie quality releases ahead of time and they sometimes leak which is what happened with the Star Trek I saw. I did end up seeing it in the theater later and own it on DVD now so I don't feel guilty but as such I can definitely say there was no difference in quality.

I also have a co-worker who pirates EVERYTHING. His position (basically a greeter behind a desk) is such he can watch videos all day and I've seen bits of some of his pirated stuff thats still in the theaters. Its movie quality.

piracy absolutely hurts tickets. Tons of people who are lukewarm or just cheap. Also, bootlegs are way better than they were a decade ago. Camera's are much improved and you can make out a lot more. Plus movies ain't cheap. I'm not gonna go on an economic rant here but if we look at generational wealth trends piracy is certainly an option people indulge in.
    The J-man

Domestically Endgame brought in 40 million on its second Friday while Force Awakens brought in 49 million. Endgames lead is now down to 74 million (from 110 million 5 days ago). Interestingly though Box Office Mojo is still forecasting Endgame to break Force Awakens record for the 2nd weekend even though it lost on Friday.

Its now up 1.9 billion worldwide with an outside shot of getting up to #2 all time by the end of the weekend. Avatar is still 800 million away though.

Adjusted for inflation Endgame is now #74 all time but will likely be in the 30's by the end of the weekend and into the 20's by next weekend.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Domestically Endgame brought in 40 million on its second Friday while Force Awakens brought in 49 million. Endgames lead is now down to 74 million (from 110 million 5 days ago). Interestingly though Box Office Mojo is still forecasting Endgame to break Force Awakens record for the 2nd weekend even though it lost on Friday.

Its now up 1.9 billion worldwide with an outside shot of getting up to #2 all time by the end of the weekend. Avatar is still 800 million away though.

Adjusted for inflation Endgame is now #74 all time but will likely be in the 30's by the end of the weekend and into the 20's by next weekend.
    It’s tough to compare TFA and Endgame because TFA second Friday was Christmas, whereas Endgame is a Friday work/school day in May. So TFA barely went up on Saturday, but Endgame should go up considerably more. Then TFA weekdays will all be holidays for two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    Box Office Mojo wrote its weekend forecast yesterday.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4508&p=.htm

They're forecasting a drop of 57% domestically for this second weekend, which would give Endgame a weekend 2 domestic gross of $154 million.

If it does so, Endgame will add a new record to its list: the biggest domestic second weekend -- beating out The Force Awakens, which grossed $149.2 million.

Of course, if you adjust the box office to today's average ticket price TFA's becomes $154.5, so even then Endgame has a chance at sharing the best 2nd weekend with Star Wars: The Force Awakens -- still an additional record for Endgame.
    It's always a good time when a CBM beats a Star Wars flick.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    It’s tough to compare TFA and Endgame because TFA second Friday was Christmas, whereas Endgame is a Friday work/school day in May. So TFA barely went up on Saturday, but Endgame should go up considerably more. Then TFA weekdays will all be holidays for two weeks.
    If you go back some posts in the thread you'll see a link where boxofficemojo compares Endgame, Infinity, Force Awakens, Last Jedi, and Avengers all the way down to a daily basis. Thus far Endgame is playing just like Infinity did relative to Force Awakens: beat Force Awakens on opening weekend and then lost EVERY day thereafter which is why Infinity ended up something like 250 million behind Force Awakens. Endgame got off to a much bigger start but otherwise has played just like Infinity did losing to Force Awakens every day since.

Endgame will crush Force Awakens internationally but thats largely because Star Wars doesn't have as big a global cultural imprint as Marvel does, especially in China. Domestically though I'm willing to say right now that Endgame will not beat Force Awakens.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

If you go back some posts in the thread you'll see a link where boxofficemojo compares Endgame, Infinity, Force Awakens, Last Jedi, and Avengers all the way down to a daily basis. Thus far Endgame is playing just like Infinity did relative to Force Awakens: beat Force Awakens on opening weekend and then lost EVERY day thereafter which is why Infinity ended up something like 250 million behind Force Awakens. Endgame got off to a much bigger start but otherwise has played just like Infinity did losing to Force Awakens every day since.
    Yeah, I know all that. What I was responding to was your surprise that Mojo has Endgame around TFA for the weekend when TFA beat it on Friday. I was simply explaining to you why that was since you didn’t seem to know.

BANNED

I don’t care if it makes $1.00 or $3billion, it’s not going to change my life.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    I don’t care if it makes $1.00 or $3billion, it’s not going to change my life.
    Do people generally want movies to change their lives?

Follow-up: isn’t your life already changed? The constant hate posts you make seems like you’ve been given a purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Do people generally want movies to change their lives?
    Don't know about the want part but movies absolutely can change your life. I have no idea how my life might have turned out otherwise but I know it changed forever when as an 8 year old I saw Star Wars in the theater. Because of it I became obsessed with Star Wars and any other sci fi I could get my hands on. Which led me to the Star Wars comics Marvel was putting out at the time and in turn led me to Marvel superhero comics and eventually other comics (I'm guessing I have about 30,000 comics in my collection in my basement). And then to fantasy novels of the time to go along with the sci fi. Star Wars was the beginning for me of my lifetime of sci fi / fantasy / comic obsession.

BANNED

Don't know about the want part but movies absolutely can change your life. I have no idea how my life might have turned out otherwise but I know it changed forever when as an 8 year old I saw Star Wars in the theater. Because of it I became obsessed with Star Wars and any other sci fi I could get my hands on. Which led me to the Star Wars comics Marvel was putting out at the time and in turn led me to Marvel superhero comics and eventually other comics (I'm guessing I have about 30,000 comics in my collection in my basement). And then to fantasy novels of the time to go along with the sci fi. Star Wars was the beginning for me of my lifetime of sci fi / fantasy / comic obsession.
    Sure, it can happen. Especially to impressionable 8 year olds, for whom Star Wars (for example) was their first foray into Sci-Fi, a genre which was obviously appealing to said impressionable 8 year old.

But I mostly watch movies just to be entertained. I suppose though, in lots of smaller ways, every movie changes my life, if one wants to broaden their horizon on the matter. But that's a very generous use of the phrase at that point.

Mostly: expecting a movie to change your life (and thereafter being disappointed it didn't) is like...wha--?

But I also question what kind of life an 8 year old had that could be "changed" instead of just "molded".

The day Avengers release there was decent cam,Not great but watchable. 3 days later there was a near dvd quality bootleg available. I am always going to support movies with a trip to the theater. But knowledge that there is good copy that I can watch in my home and not spend 32 dollars in food is very appealing. Piracy hurts tickets and Piracy today is fast with in 2 weeks there is solid copy out nearly always and for a big movie it is less than week a lot of times with in 2 days.

More on topic this movie is insane,It is basically making a 1 billion dollars per week right now

More than that.

It was only a week on Wednesday.