Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Tons of good stuff coming out of DC right now.

This is the best Superman has been in years, since the early days of Tomasi's run in 2016. GL is exactly what you expect and want from Morrison on the title. Doomsday Clock is late as hell all the time but each issue is legit the best stuff Johns has ever done. Shazam is really solid too. JL is crazy and wild and fun. Deathstroke.....I gotta catch up on my trades but it doesnt sound like the quality has dropped. Young Justice is starting strong. The rest of the Wonder line looks good, though I'm trade waiting those. Way's Young Animal, the New Age line, especially Sideways (he might return, who knows?) and Terrifics......basically all the imprints and YA OGN's are things I can get behind. Like Didio, I also want to see comics break into new distributions and markets. We need fresh blood.

Flash Year One sounds interesting, and Superman Year One should be....engaging, if nothing else.

Oh! And DC just stole another major Marvel artist with....David.....crap......M.....whatever his name is! Marquez? His name eludes me at the moment but he's one of the best in the business, and he's going to be on Superman-Batman. That's nice.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I thought Wonder Twins was a limited series?
    (Isn't issue #6 the final issue?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I suspect we haven't seen the last of Mark Russel on Wonder Twins...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Unless I am mistaken, the sales on all the Wonder Comics were strong enough to warrant sequels. If Mark Russel wants to write more Wonder Twins, I don't think Bendis or DC would stand in his way.
    So, you think Mark Russell and his Wonder Twins series could have a "Second Coming"?

When Mark Russell was questioned by a fan on his Twitter feed about Wonder Twins, and that it was only a 6 issue run, he replied that he wanted to do more with the characters after that run.

Whether or not that comes to fruition, I guess that is up to Wonder Comics.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I really don't think Comic Shops are the target audience for Wonder Comics, outside of Young Justice.
    Bingo. Bendis's comics and his Wonder Comics label will do most of their sales in TPBs and digitally.

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post
    When Mark Russell was questioned by a fan on his Twitter feed about Wonder Twins, and that it was only a 6 issue run, he replied that he wanted to do more with the characters after that run.
    Was that before or after DC pulling the rug on Russell's Second Coming series?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

The Sandman stuff is great as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    The Sandman stuff is great as well.
    Oh yeah, I forgot about those. My wife is getting them and loving them (especially Hex Wives, apparently) but I haven't taken the time to sit down and read any of it. Maybe once the semester ends in a couple weeks.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Was that before or after DC pulling the rug on Russell's Second Coming series?
    Russell strikes me as a smart enough freelancer to not take it personally. Second Coming quickly found a new publisher and Russell isn't going to turn down a good paying gig writing a book he enjoys because DC's new president got skittish when Bat-penis was dumped on her lap on her first week on the job.

BANNED

Looking forward to

the Batman who laughs
    Loved The Dark Knights series
    JLA by Snyder

Recent times:

1. Jason Todd - Lobdell is killing it.
    2. Attempting to reboot everything to bring in new people - Worked for me.
    3. Jessica Cruz, Simon Baz, and Bunker
    4. Wonder Woman getting a flick which was awesome.
    5. DC animated shows ranging from BTAS to YJ even though I may not be a fan of a couple, it helped bring in people.
    6. DC Shows - Gotham, Arrow, BL, and so on really helped to getting audiences interested.
    7. Poaching talent, and growing talent.
    8. Grayson
    9. Young Adult Graphic Novels - Branching out.
    10. DC SUPER HERO GIRLS - A nice way to get young girls into the DCverse

Astonishing Member

Two issues in and I'm really enjoying Dial H for Hero. Here's hoping the book can keep it up.