Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thor Dis-Assembled. A Ragnarok that would've probably made Kirby proud.
    It ruined the relaunch for me because it raised the bar so incredibly high.

New Mutants #37 (with #38 to end on a happier note, and it has a cool cover to end on). The Beyonder kills the New Mutants and brings the Sienkewicz era of the team to an end. After these two issues, I couldn't read New Mutants anymore. Between the story and the new direction that started afterwards, it just felt 'finished' to me.

Micronauts. Both series had good endings.
    The first volume had them reach the goal of defeating Karza and freeing the Multiverse.
    The second volume had them reach the end of their stories and find peace.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

West Coast Avengers 102. An ending that leads to a new beginning.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    West Coast Avengers 102. An ending that leads to a new beginning.
    Totally agree. I absolutely love Avengers West Coast #102. One of my all time favorite single issues and it lead to I comic book that I really enjoyed and loved in Force Works which was also written Dan Abbnet and Andy Lanning
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 05-05-2019 at 02:08 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Astonishing Member

Chip Zdarsky's last issue on Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man #310. What a way to bow out.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Secret Wars (2015), right? Now that was an event.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

New Avengers: Finale by Bendis. Always thought he should have ended his run there, but he went on into the heroic age. Personally I felt he’d already told the story he wanted to tell at this point though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Thor Dis-Assembled. A Ragnarok that would've probably made Kirby proud.
    It ruined the relaunch for me because it raised the bar so incredibly high.

New Mutants #37 (with #38 to end on a happier note, and it has a cool cover to end on). The Beyonder kills the New Mutants and brings the Sienkewicz era of the team to an end. After these two issues, I couldn't read New Mutants anymore. Between the story and the new direction that started afterwards, it just felt 'finished' to me.

Micronauts. Both series had good endings.
    The first volume had them reach the goal of defeating Karza and freeing the Multiverse.
    The second volume had them reach the end of their stories and find peace.
    Thor disassembled, that was what I meant by the rune king Thor story, loved this, utterly brilliant

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Wild card but I'd say Ultimate X-Men by Mark Millar. Not a perfect run by any means, but it came together very well. All the arcs came to a good end, the future was hopeful, the door was left open for future writers to easily pick up the pieces and build something great, and more. Certainly a better finale to almost any of the Ultimate titles in hindsight.

The endings of Secret Empire and Secret Wars (recent versions) seem perfect to me.

Incredible Member

Johnny Blaze walking off into the sunset with Roxanne Simpson in the last issue of the first Ghost Rider book.

Both Ultimates & Ultimates II by Millar/Hitch had good endings too, I felt. Wrapped up everything and teased possible futures.

Also enjoyed the ending of Greg Ruckas run on The Punisher.

BANNED

Chalk another one for Hickman's Secret Wars 2015.

I also liked Spider-Men II as a coda to Bendis' entire run on USM and Spider-Man in general.

Nick Spencer's Superior Foes of Spider-Man was also an ongoing that finished on the right note.

Matt Fraction's Hawkeye also ended satisfyingly enough I think with that Rio Bravo siege issue. And his ''To Have and to Hold" Annual for Sensational Spider-Man is a much better close to that great golden period of JMS' run.

I also think that tonally speaking Ditko's final issue for Spider-Man in ASM#38 is a great finish to a run.

I really liked the end to Duggan's Uncanny Avengers run. Comics of course never really ends, but it was a good ending spot for all characters involved. Everything immediately went to hell with Secret Empire, but for a moment it was a nice happy ending.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Extraordinary Member

Ewings ending for his Ultimates series. That was good.