Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Default Satisfying Endings

So with Endgame bringing a close to 11 years of Marvel Films (The Infinity Saga)...I was wondering what kind of endings we’ve had with Marvel. Of course, comics are a different beast and they never truly “end”, but is there anything that kind of came close, or delivered a great jumping off point?
    Last edited by your_name_here; 04-28-2019 at 01:32 AM.

Here’s one of my first picks.

My favourite part of the run was that it truly felt like the entirety of X-History had happened to these people, that it was all the same story. That through all the tragedy, pain and struggle, they were going to soldier on and keep fighting. That’s what I felt this finale felt offered...hope, even through the bad times. We had really followed them on this journey.

It was also pretty emotional. It’s very rare for comics to hit me emotionally, but this one really did. Great stuff.

I know it's not a legitimate ending, but the Spider-man issue where Pete returns the microscope to Uncle Ben's grave (#200?, I can't remember) is a satisfying end to the Spider-man comics as far as I'm concerned.

Extraordinary Member

Moore's Swamp Thing.

"The Lone and Level Sands" - Peter David's last hurrah on the Incredible Hulk.

Another one of mine is the end of Hickmans FF...The Franklin’s doing everything they can imagine and the question from the Sue about doing a good job as parents. Genuinely touching stuff.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

The end of Gillen's Journey into Mystery was the definitely the most emotional and "complete" ending to any Marvel story I've read about an ongoing character.

You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    The end of Gillen's Journey into Mystery was the definitely the most emotional and "complete" ending to any Marvel story I've read about an ongoing character.
    That ending wrecked me.

Astonishing Member

I really enjoyed the Thor ending at the end of the rune king Thor story

I was sad, but I could have left him there having evolved into a cosmic power

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    You beat me to it, for me this is the end of my favorite era of the Marvel Universe. Everything else, I consider an alternate universe

I also think the end of Bendis' New Avengers run was pretty amazing and Hickman's Fantastic Four
    Last edited by charliehustle415; 05-04-2019 at 02:51 PM.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Frank Miller managed to stick the landing twice with Daredevil. #191 is a great ending to a run on a character. It was a self-contained story that managed to build on all the themes that had been introduced before, introduce some new stuff, and put the toys back in the box for the next writer to use. Born Again, similarly, is a satisfying conclusion that ends beautifully.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    You beat me to it, for me this is the end of my favorite era of the Marvel Universe. Everything else, I consider an alternate universe

I also think the end of Bendis' New Avengers run was pretty amazing and Hickman's Fantastic Four
    Technically, everything that's came after is in an alternate universe. The only true survivors from 616 were Reed, Doom, Owen Reese, Loki, and the Silver Surfer. Everyone else is either a recreated version or it's debatable.