Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Drawing a blank on 3 of them...the one lady on the left with the whip/flail (Jane Foster as Valkyrie??), the kid below her and the lady with green and black with the sword on the right side.
    Valkyrie, Sword Master (China) and Wave (Philippines)

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Is that Luke Cage in the back?
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

No, it's Blade.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    This isn't event art, it's seasonal art. You know, like we had for ANAD, Marvel NOW, Legacy, and Fresh Start?
    I'm talking about the choice of focus characters. A lot of them have ties to the magical/supernatural side of things. Even Hyperion is connected to Mephisto.

Extraordinary Member

Mark Milton (Mephisto's Simulacrum) (Earth-616)
    Hyperion

Mark Milton was a construct created by the demon Mephisto and programmed by the Power Elite in cooperation with a recently revived Agent Coulson to be a superhero sponsored by the U.S. Government. Given the code-name Hyperion, Mark Milton was a member of the Squadron Supreme of America and during his personal time he was a history teacher at Buscema High School in Kensington, Maryland.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Mark_...um)_(Earth-616)

The others.
    Squadron Supreme of America members
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Categ...merica_members

Power Elite (Earth-616)
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Power_Elite_(Earth-616)

Hyperion (Marvel)(Mephisto)
    http://www.comicbookdb.com/character.php?ID=97775

Squadron Supreme of America
    http://www.comicbookdb.com/team.php?ID=6123
    Last edited by mace11; 05-06-2019 at 05:58 AM.

Mighty Member

So...in the Free Comic Book Day issue of the Avengers....Dr Spectrum is not shown externally carrying the Power Prism...but in the last Avengers issue it was floating between his hands near his chest. Left me with a "HHUUUUHHHHHH??!!!??!"
    Is the FCBD issue drawn by a different artist?

Just a comment, but Captain Ultra is actually a rip-off of Martian Manhunter.

The problem is that Ultra is a clown. If Marvel goes with this, then we have a wasted Squadron. (Is it really worthy anybody's time to read a comic that is more or less "DC sux"?)

Are they getting their own book? Hyperion's on the new seasonal promo art.
    The cape fasteners are similar to the Hickman/Ewing Hyperion. (Is that Zarda on the right, under Venom's wing?)

Mark Milton was a construct created by the demon Mephisto and programmed by the Power Elite in cooperation with a recently revived Agent Coulson to be a superhero sponsored by the U.S. Government. Given the code-name Hyperion, Mark Milton was a member of the Squadron Supreme of America and during his personal time he was a history teacher at Buscema High School in Kensington, Maryland.
    Is this from something other than a fan-wiki?
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    Is this from something other than a fan-wiki?
    that's what I want to know. because the fight with Namor had only become in the free comic book day issue. is this someone who has read the full story? kind of disappointed that they are Mephisto-created to be honest. it lessens their chances of sticking around. why should I get invested?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    that's what I want to know. because the fight with Namor had only become in the free comic book day issue. is this someone who has read the full story? kind of disappointed that they are Mephisto-created to be honest. it lessens their chances of sticking around. why should I get invested?
    Kind of like Cerebro's X-Men who were apparently artificial life forms.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Kind of like Cerebro's X-Men who were apparently artificial life forms.
    yeah, I was very disappointed at the end of that story too. but those were combinations of x-characters. these seem to be a little more in-character (even if it's just the worst traits of each character).

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I agree. If the whole point is to parody or lampoon DC, money is better spent pushing out comics with any of its limbo characters who deserve to see print. If Mephisto did create his own SS, it's stupid. Grandmaster did it first and he did it better.

Is Joystick considered to be a member of the Squadron? Grandmaster recruited her alongside Hyperion and Alice Nugent.

First I've heard about that. Wasn't she a Thunderbolt?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    First I've heard about that. Wasn't she a Thunderbolt?
    Definitely. But she was playing both sides. Remember when she broke Speed Demon's legs?

Extraordinary Member

The Squadron Supreme Was Years Ahead Of Its Time! | Behind The Panel | SYFY WIRE
    Back in the mid-1980s, a 12-issue maxi-series tackled complex issues about superheroes and the role they can and should play in their fictional worlds. It was dark, violent and a complete departure from most of the mainstream comics of that era.
    No, we’re not talking about Watchmen. This is about another groundbreaking series – Squadron Supreme!

so have the new Squadron folks been dealt with recently? The relationship with Mephisto, etc.?