Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Marvel stories involving time-travel to the Silver Age or Bronze Age

Exactly what it says in the title.

Basically, I'm interested in learning about Marvel stories which involve heroes from the 'modern era' travelling back to the 'good ol' days' of the Silver Age or Bronze Age.

There are TONS of these stories out there, but many of them are probably not that well-known.

I haven't read 'Avengers Forever' yet (going to, soon) but I assume that involves time-travel back to the Silver Age. And I know the recent Spectacular Spider-Man run by Chip Zdarksky involves Peter going back to the early Lee/Dikto era.

I think there was a Hulk comic I read from around 2012 that had him bouncing around in time, eventually ending up during the gamma bomb test.

'Age of Ultron' of course had a couple of trips to the Silver Age.

And of course, the Generations one-shots involved a LOT of time-travel back to iconic stories of the 60's-80's.

Any other examples people can come up with?

(I remember reading somewhere about a story involving Iron Man traveling back to the Silver Age and accidentally changing something.)

I think Iron Man: The Iron Age is the type of thing you're looking for.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I think Iron Man: The Iron Age is the type of thing you're looking for.
    Nah. That's just a story set in the past. I'm talking about Marvel characters time-traveling back to that era.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Nah. That's just a story set in the past. I'm talking about Marvel characters time-traveling back to that era.
    That's a different "The Iron Age." The Kurt Busiek one was set in the past, but in the early '10s they did a miniseries where Iron Man travels back in time to earlier Marvel comics eras.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    That's a different "The Iron Age." The Kurt Busiek one was set in the past, but in the early '10s they did a miniseries where Iron Man travels back in time to earlier Marvel comics eras.
    Ah! Yes, that does seem to be the Iron Man time-travel story I'd heard about!

There was a time-travelling event featuring the Avengers & the Fantastic Four called Domination Factor from Dan Jurgens and Jerry Ordway.

Sorry to derail, but why didn’t Ultron (in Age of Ultron) go back even further than 2013 when it was set, and just wipeout mankind in 1960, when there were no super heroes? Why come back to 2013 when humans had a time machine themselves? Sorry again.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

There are several different stories where characters encounter the Fantastic Four when they were with Rama Tut in ancient Egypt (Fantastic Four #19). I know for a fact that the West Coast Avengers went back there and Doctor Strange did as well. I can't remember the exact issues. There's another story set in that story with Apocalypse, but it's not a time travel story.

There's a Black Panther story written by Christopher Priest where Black Panther ends up in Thor #370 (which is a 1986 story).

There's a Doctor Strange story in the 90s (Doctor Strange Sorcerer Supreme #33) where Doctor Strange goes back in time. I believe it is to Strange Tales #124, but I haven't read that story and can't confirm.

There's the Captain Marvel story (Vol. 7 #1-6) where Captain Marvel goes back to the original Mar-Vell Captain Marvel #19 and witnesses her origin.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Bendis' ANXM had Beast go to Uncanny #8.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    There are several different stories where characters encounter the Fantastic Four when they were with Rama Tut in ancient Egypt (Fantastic Four #19). I know for a fact that the West Coast Avengers went back there and Doctor Strange did as well. I can't remember the exact issues. There's another story set in that story with Apocalypse, but it's not a time travel story.

There's a Black Panther story written by Christopher Priest where Black Panther ends up in Thor #370 (which is a 1986 story).

There's a Doctor Strange story in the 90s (Doctor Strange Sorcerer Supreme #33) where Doctor Strange goes back in time. I believe it is to Strange Tales #124, but I haven't read that story and can't confirm.

There's the Captain Marvel story (Vol. 7 #1-6) where Captain Marvel goes back to the original Mar-Vell Captain Marvel #19 and witnesses her origin.
    The Doctor Strange Rama-Tut issue was #53, my first Marvel comic.

The West Coast Avengers issue was #22. And it even included the Dr. Strange visit seamlessly alongside theirs.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Avengers: Back to Basics. Though released after Civil War II, it's set before and during it. Kamala Khan, who hasn't yet formed the Champions and is still an Avenger, gets sent back in time by Kang, and ends up joining the Avengers at the same time as Captain America.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    The Doctor Strange Rama-Tut issue was #53, my first Marvel comic.

The West Coast Avengers issue was #22. And it even included the Dr. Strange visit seamlessly alongside theirs.
    Thanks. I couldn't find a good way to figure that out without looking at issues individually until I found the right one.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Bendis' ANXM had Beast go to Uncanny #8.
    Forgot about that one! Though of course it was a very brief trip.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Exactly what it says in the title.

Basically, I'm interested in learning about Marvel stories which involve heroes from the 'modern era' travelling back to the 'good ol' days' of the Silver Age or Bronze Age.

There are TONS of these stories out there, but many of them are probably not that well-known.

I haven't read 'Avengers Forever' yet (going to, soon) but I assume that involves time-travel back to the Silver Age. And I know the recent Spectacular Spider-Man run by Chip Zdarksky involves Peter going back to the early Lee/Dikto era.

I think there was a Hulk comic I read from around 2012 that had him bouncing around in time, eventually ending up during the gamma bomb test.

'Age of Ultron' of course had a couple of trips to the Silver Age.

And of course, the Generations one-shots involved a LOT of time-travel back to iconic stories of the 60's-80's.

Any other examples people can come up with?

(I remember reading somewhere about a story involving Iron Man traveling back to the Silver Age and accidentally changing something.)
    Avengers Annual 2 had the then-current Avengers fighting with the original team. One of my favorite Annuals of all time. First appearance of the Scarlet Centurion.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Spectacular Member

The excellent Deadpool issue 11 (the Joe Kelly run from 1997) has Deadpool go back in time to the 1960s and end up taking Spider-Man's place in a Lee/Romita issue of ASM.
    I'm on Twitter! @alex_jamieson