Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 261
  1. #151
    Extraordinary Member Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    A writer can make them
    Indeed they could.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

  2. #152
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Indeed they could.
    but they won't though
    it's not close to be in Spider-Man's nor Mary Jane's characters

    if people want that stuff, they can go read and watch pornos
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire.
    It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/teen-...rfire-1975639/

    I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson.
    This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.
    http://www.facebook.com/SpiderManMaryJane/

  3. #153
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    8,229

    Default

    idk spencer kind of a savage he might start dropping big bodies

  4. #154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    Sorry. That mindset is wrong. You can most definitely tell high quality stories of this nature with a married Peter. Joe Q and company kept throwing this mindset at us saying that “the marriage holds us back” and that there were so many stories they couldn’t tell because of the marriage. Now honestly what high quality amazing stories have actually taken place because he’s single after OMD?

    The problem that the character suffers from is that Marvel seems scared to let him progress and prefers him to be this man child who lives in his parents basement for the rest of his life.
    The Spider-Man of Brand New Day wasn't a manchild who lives in his parents basement (figuartively) for the rest of his life.

  5. #155
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Why I think I lack interest in Peter's relationship with MJ is because we know there is a limit on where it can go (same for any of his romantic entanglements Post-OMD). The situation reminds me of a quote by old-time Pro Wrestling personality Jim Cornette. I'll clean it up a bit as Jim has a colorful way of speaking lol -

    "The problem with an overly dominant champion who squashes (easily defeats) every foe for a long time is it ruins the illusion of realism. We all know Pro Wrestling is scripted, but when one side is perceived as having no chance of victory why should anyone become emotionally invested in the match (struggle)?"
    shrugs
    You may lack interest in Peter's relationship with Mary Jane
    I don't lack interest in their relationship at all.
    I am a fan of this couple no matter what.
    I enjoy every issue that has Mary Jane in the Spider-Man comics.
    I understand that they will never get married again, and so I am just grateful for them being together right now.
    I want them to get married, but I know that it won't happen as long as Quesada is still at Marvel.
    I can just enjoy their relationship and hope that they stay together.
    A favorite fictional couple don't have to be married for me to enjoy.


    I think too many Peter/Mary Jane fans have too much wishful thinking, read too much into things, and get their hopes up about Peter and Mary Jane and OMD being undone
    then they get disappointed
    I refrain from that mentality
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire.
    It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/teen-...rfire-1975639/

    I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson.
    This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.
    http://www.facebook.com/SpiderManMaryJane/

  6. #156
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The Spider-Man of Brand New Day wasn't a manchild who lives in his parents basement (figuartively) for the rest of his life.
    I agree with you.
    That's a bit of an exaggeration.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire.
    It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/teen-...rfire-1975639/

    I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson.
    This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.
    http://www.facebook.com/SpiderManMaryJane/

  7. #157
    Mighty Member KangMiRae's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    The sea!
    Posts
    1,530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    but they won't though
    it's not close to be in Spider-Man's nor Mary Jane's characters

    if people want that stuff, they can go read and watch pornos
    Or I can wait and hope for Spencer to add it to the main comics.
    Admiral of a fleet of shipsórelationships!
    Comicbooks are nothing to me without ships and romance!

  8. #158
    Spider-Fan Since '95 WebSlingWonder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    shrugs
    You may lack interest in Peter's relationship with Mary Jane
    I don't lack interest in their relationship at all.
    I am a fan of this couple no matter what.
    I enjoy every issue that has Mary Jane in the Spider-Man comics.
    I understand that they will never get married again, and so I am just grateful for them being together right now.
    I want them to get married, but I know that it won't happen as long as Quesada is still at Marvel.
    I can just enjoy their relationship and hope that they stay together.
    A favorite fictional couple don't have to be married for me to enjoy.


    I think too many Peter/Mary Jane fans have too much wishful thinking, read too much into things, and get their hopes up about Peter and Mary Jane and OMD being undone
    then they get disappointed
    I refrain from that mentality
    One more time for the people in the back!!!
    The Amazing, Spectacular, Sensational Web-Slinger!

  9. #159
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    8,229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Or I can wait and hope for Spencer to add it to the main comics.
    Spencer's only kink is wild last page reveals. Although, he has been going a bit easier on those with the webhead....

  10. #160
    Mighty Member KangMiRae's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    The sea!
    Posts
    1,530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Spencer's only kink is wild last page reveals. Although, he has been going a bit easier on those with the webhead....
    And apparently teasing, too. Since we still don't know who the centipede guy is.
    Admiral of a fleet of shipsórelationships!
    Comicbooks are nothing to me without ships and romance!

  11. #161
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I'll take it back on "To Have and to Hold" in that there are going to be several specific lines that would be different if they weren't married. But I main the basic arc works without the marriage, if it's just two fugitives who love one another.

    The basic gist of the latest ASM 29 doesn't work if Peter and MJ are married. You could have a story where a married Peter Parker misses some important event because he's fighting the Chameleon (IE- his baby's first steps) but it's going to be a different story.
    if asm 29 is doesn't work if peter & mj are married because it would be a different story then to have and to hold doesn't work if they are single because it would be a different story. if mj is just the girlfriend in to have and to hold then she has no legal ties to peter and the stakes aren't as high. shield's threats are weaker. "he's my boyfriend and you're just some dude" is not "he's my husband and you're just some dude." the gist of the story is what marriage means to mj and peter so that would change.

    if asm 29 has a basic gist, it's we know peter & mj used to be married and it was wiped out by omd. the impact of the last page depends on people knowing the marriage existed.

  12. #162
    Astonishing Member Revolutionary_Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    2,877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I'll take it back on "To Have and to Hold" in that there are going to be several specific lines that would be different if they weren't married. But I main the basic arc works without the marriage, if it's just two fugitives who love one another.
    The real problem is that ''To Have and to Hold'' is a classic story, showing up on many lists and its imagery and so on being referred to multiple times. Everyone knows that "To Have and to Hold" is about the marriage. So I don't think you can pluck stuff from that and refer to it, and make people forget that it's a story about the marriage.

    Allusions and references work to remind people of a previous context to better understand the current one. Spencer is reminding readers that the marriage happened multiple times in his run. It's what he's clearly doing. I am amazed that this has to be spelled out and mentioned here.

    Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    A writer can make them
    A list of things writers made characters do:
    -- Nightcrawler's dad is Azrael and he was born with a plan to make him the Pope and Antichrist.
    -- Gwen Stacy sleep with Norman and father his twin kids.
    -- She-Hulk get into bed with Juggernaut.
    -- Carol Danvers becomes impregnated by her future time-travelling son.
    -- Magneto goes postal, starts doping on "Kick" and runs riot on New York City and sends humans into crematoriums.

    All of these things were either retconned, forgotten, downplayed, ignored and so on.

    So a writer making something happen is no guarantee that it will stick/last/escape comment.

    That kind of sleazy stunt by the way has happened before in comics with DC characters and Gail Simone had none of it.

  13. #163
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    93

    Default

    Stupid question


    Why can't Peter and MJ just marry and stay married for ever?


    I mean, she is a well received character, she is the most iconic love interest of Spider-Man, she knows his double identity and is supportive of his heroics.

    Peter is supposed to be a scientist nerd, not Hugh Hefner in his prime. The amount of women in his life is astonishing and, quite frankly, out of character.

  14. #164
    Fantastic Member RD155's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    342

    Default

    As I was looking through YouTube listening to a few reviews from ASM29 someone maid a pretty good point that I hadnít thought of. It was mentioned that Marvel might be teasing at the marriage right now and planting some seeds just Incase they hit an sales slump. I could honestly see that happening. Smart business move as well I guess to have a back up plan because obviously having Peter/MJ marry again would be a massive event for Marvel.

    its pretty much been what.....10 years or so since OMD and fans like myself are still begging for them to get back together.

  15. #165
    Mighty Member KangMiRae's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    The sea!
    Posts
    1,530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    The real problem is that ''To Have and to Hold'' is a classic story, showing up on many lists and its imagery and so on being referred to multiple times. Everyone knows that "To Have and to Hold" is about the marriage. So I don't think you can pluck stuff from that and refer to it, and make people forget that it's a story about the marriage.

    Allusions and references work to remind people of a previous context to better understand the current one. Spencer is reminding readers that the marriage happened multiple times in his run. It's what he's clearly doing. I am amazed that this has to be spelled out and mentioned here.



    A list of things writers made characters do:
    -- Nightcrawler's dad is Azrael and he was born with a plan to make him the Pope and Antichrist.
    -- Gwen Stacy sleep with Norman and father his twin kids.
    -- She-Hulk get into bed with Juggernaut.
    -- Carol Danvers becomes impregnated by her future time-travelling son.
    -- Magneto goes postal, starts doping on "Kick" and runs riot on New York City and sends humans into crematoriums.

    All of these things were either retconned, forgotten, downplayed, ignored and so on.

    So a writer making something happen is no guarantee that it will stick/last/escape comment.

    That kind of sleazy stunt by the way has happened before in comics with DC characters and Gail Simone had none of it.
    Yes, I’m aware of how comicbooks work. Thanks.
    Admiral of a fleet of shipsórelationships!
    Comicbooks are nothing to me without ships and romance!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •