Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Where do you want the Peter and MJ relationship to go next?

Looking at older threads, I noticed a lot of discussion about bringing back the marriage, and One More Day, most of which predated the reconciliation between Peter and MJ in Spencer and Ottley's first issue?

So, it may be time to have that discussion. What should happen next?

Should they stay together in the foreseeable future the way they are now? Should they remember One More Day, and/or get married again? Should they have a kid/ learn that Baby May is alive? Should they break up?

My preference would be to keep them together, but to give them some conflicts and to shake up the status quo (IE- MJ gets an offer to join the ensemble of a hit show that films in another continent.)

What do you guys want to see next?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Looking at older threads, I noticed a lot of discussion about bringing back the marriage, and One More Day, most of which predated the reconciliation between Peter and MJ in Spencer and Ottley's first issue?

So, it may be time to have that discussion. What should happen next?

Should they stay together in the foreseeable future the way they are now? Should they remember One More Day, and/or get married again? Should they have a kid/ learn that Baby May is alive? Should they break up?
    Ideally I'd like the marriage to return and for Peter and MJ to push towards another child from there...though I'd probably go with Peter and MJ adopting a kid next time, preferibly someone close to Annie's child, so there's a different element to depicting Peter as a parent or legal guardian.

My preference would be to keep them together, but to give them some conflicts (IE- MJ gets an offer to join the ensemble of a hit show that films in another continent.)
    You and I share the same wavelength there, I'd use that as a way of writing MJ out for a spell and to test their commitments. The PS4 Video game even has a take on this with MJ on foreign assignments. The newspaper strip also had MJ continue her movie tour without Peter, though no conflict came of it due to the two being happily married.

Arrow

Ideally, at least they find out about the deal. Other than the proceeding I'm fine with wherever Spencer takes their realtionship including a break from each other. Mephisto's technical W over Spider-Man HAS TO BE CORRECTED for the long-term good of the character, IMO.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Move to Florida.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Move to Florida.
    Move to Australia. Like the newspaper versions did.

Fight Kangeroo all day.

I'd like for both of them to have real jobs again and to see how that connects back to their daily lives and relationship.

Incredible Member

Keep them together, but if Marvel wants to depict them in bed together, marry them again first, which I hope eventually again.

I'm sorry, but talking as an old fashioned religious believer of marriage before sleeping together.

But in the meantime, let them have fun again, like going out for coffee, or dancing, between Spider-Senses on attacks from Rhino or Scorpion. Maybe even movie-theatre-watching shameless plugs on other Disney movies, such as Star Wars or Aladdin.
    Last edited by ngroove; 04-28-2019 at 04:22 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Ideally, at least they find out about the deal. Other than the proceeding I'm fine with wherever Spencer takes their realtionship including a break from each other. Mephisto's technical W over Spider-Man HAS TO BE CORRECTED for the long-term good of the character, IMO.
    You mean by admitting it was a mistake and then just moving on?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    Keep them together, but if Marvel wants to depict them in bed together, marry them again first, which I hope eventually again.

I'm sorry, but talking as an old fashioned religious believer of marriage before sleeping together.

But in the meantime, let them have fun again, like going out for coffee, or dancing, between Spider-Senses on attacks from Rhino or Scorpion. Maybe even movie-theatre-watching shameless plugs on other Disney movies, such as Star Wars or Aladdin.
    I’m pretty sure they’ve already had sex by now.

Peter Parker DOES NOT ****.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Just have the Pete&MJ subplots be primarily character driven. A leads to B leads to C believably.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I’m pretty sure they’ve already had sex by now.
    Seems like it's been a popular theory that that first happened way back in the '70s.

As far as where things should go next, I really don't know; I know where I'd like it all to go, but I think whatever happens next should fit with whatever Marvel has in mind long-term and I am not privy to that kind of info.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    You mean by admitting it was a mistake and then just moving on?
    Yes, and whatever Mephisto's hidden agenda (c'mon we all know he has one beyond the "love for all time" stuff) is it gets exposed and his evil plans frustrated by Spider-Man. Another aspect of the deal was the prevention of Annie's birth which was the slap in the face Big Red only revealed to Peter & MJ when it was already too late. Peter is not the type to trade one life for another so he needs to know what happened so he can deal with it and Mephisto somehow.
    Last edited by Celgress; 04-28-2019 at 08:34 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Yes, and whatever Mephisto's hidden agenda (c'mon we all know he has one beyond the "love for all time" stuff) is it gets exposed and his evil plans frustrated by Spider-Man. Another aspect of the deal was the prevention of Annie's birth which was the slap in the face Big Red only revealed to Peter & MJ when it was already too late. Peter is not the type to trade one life for another so he needs to know what happened so he can deal with it and Mephisto somehow.
    Isn’t it possible that he just did it to be dickish? I think you’re putting more thought into the story then the writers did?

I would like to see them have a good story arc where they work together on solving a crime or defeating a certain mystery villian. My idea would be for MJ to get a job somewhere with something shady going on which she eventually can't ignore and investigates whats going on. Then as Spider-man Peter will also have some type of unsovled crimes he is investigating. This leads them to each tackle the issue from their own sides and then eventually the worlds collide where they can work together to solve the crime and/or defeat the villian. Basically, I'd like to see an arc where teamwork is involved between the two, without forcing MJ to be a journalist or to be a super hero to accomplish that.

Beyond that I would like to see OMD revisted where at the very least they can discover what happened. I just really dislike the reality wipe so having the marriage accknowlegd as something that happened again in continuity would be great.