Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

So . . . many . . . words.

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    but...your “real sense” sounds nothing like mine or my mates. i wasn’t even thinking about old iron balls

this is the tinder age. dating is quick and convenient

has the same work been put into delving into flash and harry’s dating life since OMD (the friends example is unfair because it forces us to choose from this pre set trio of archetypes when one, none or a mix may be appropriate)?
    Yeah, Peter's the main character so of course we're gonna be following him along the entire time so we know more about what's going on with him. People like Flash, Harry, or MJ aren't the focus so they won't get as much screen time, and thus their private and dating lives aren't as known to us.

If we're comparing those two post-OMD, we know Harry hooked up with Lily and Liz later, and Flash went with Betty and then Valkyrie. And again that's just 1 less than Peter's relationships during this time period, so its not a huge departure anyway. Also because they were never the stars of books prior we don't know what their "one true love" would be so their relationships aren't as effective to us in comparison.

And wasn't the joke ever since his high school days was that Peter had so many women attracted to or flirting with him, to the point where people like Flash or Harry would comment on it, but he never could actually get in a relationship with any of them. It took 3 years to get with Carlie, that lasted only a year, 4 years later is Lien which lasts a few months and almost all of it is off screen, and about a year later is Bobbi, which again only is a few months. So I don't think of that as being a "player"

I'd rather see Pete hooking up with Felicia here and there ... coming together and going their own ways over time.

Felicia is exciting, unpredictable, and sexy.

She can not only relate to both sides of his dual identity ... but can go on adventures with him.

Lots more interesting and fun stories can be told with Felicia.

MJ? Meh. Not as much there that hasn't already been done to death for years. imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    I'd rather see Pete hooking up with Felicia here and there ... coming together and going their own ways over time.

She can not only relate to both sides of his dual identity ... but can go on adventures with him.

MJ? Meh. Not as much there that hasn't already been done to death for years. imo.
    If you want an animal-based hero with a cat themed burglar, DC Comics have plenty of stories for you to read.

Talking

You done pushed the alternate love interest button Von, you shouldn't have done that 'round these parts. Don't you know MJ is the co-star of Spider-Man? Prepare for intense backlash.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    You done pushed the alternate love interest button Von, you shouldn't have done that 'round these parts. Don't you know MJ is the co-star of Spider-Man? Prepare for intense backlash.
    von is mephisto! get him!
    troo fan or death

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    So . . . many . . . words.
    i blame cbr word minimum
    troo fan or death

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I love MJ to pieces, especially with Peter, but I'd be fine with some Spider-Cat action. Personally, love triangles are passe and stupid, so I'd rather they all come to a peaceable accord.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

what I want is a Mary Jane wars arc like Tonys armor wars where she takes on everyone who has ever been with Peter to ensure no one ever dares lay her eyes on her man again.
    Gwen Stacy vs Mary Jane (clone/original)
    Carrie vs Mary Jane
    Black Cat vs Mary Jane
    Mockingbird vs Mary Jane
    Annie Marie vs Mary Jane(she isn't discriminating)
    Betty Grant vs MJ
    and so on.....

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    It took 3 years to get with Carlie, that lasted only a year, 4 years later is Lien which lasts a few months and almost all of it is off screen, and about a year later is Bobbi, which again only is a few months. So I don't think of that as being a "player"
    3 girlfriends in 10 years - slow down super stud!

Amazing Member

Completely agree.

Astonishing Member

"Where do you want the peter and MJ relationship to go next?". That's an easy answer for me: I want the spider-marriage restored once and for all!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    If you want an animal-based hero with a cat themed burglar, DC Comics have plenty of stories for you to read.
    I swear, every time she's brought up, you're there without fail bringing up Catwoman. Is it a tic or something?

p.s.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/10/25/1...der-man-batman
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    I swear, every time she's brought up, you're there without fail bringing up Catwoman. Is it a tic or something?

p.s.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/10/25/1...der-man-batman
    From a casual point of view, if you have to make that kind of distinction, you've already lost the argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    From a casual point of view, if you have to make that kind of distinction, you've already lost the argument.
    Whether Black Cat is a Catwoman ripoff is probably one of the big debates.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...he-Big-Debates
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets