Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Yes, I understand that part. I'm just saying maybe for a while we just stop bringing it up each time, you know?
    For me what’s at stake is making sure that the marriage doesn’t get swept under the rug and so on. My big fear when OMD happened was that marvel would go back and re-edit old issues to erase the marriage retroactively you know Lucas style. I think that Quesada and others might have done that if the backlash wasn’t as fierce it was.

To me the debate about OMD keeps the marriage alive as a living issue and nobody is allowed to get over or forget it. So on that level it’s useful as a protest tactic. For me that’s at stake. More than disgust at OMD itself. Part of the anger over OMD was the implication in the bnd era that the marriage era didn’t have good stories not to mention the outright lies told by creators about the marriage era. Now thanks to the OMD backlash we have a re-evaluation of that era.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    For me what’s at stake is making sure that the marriage doesn’t get swept under the rug and so on. My big fear when OMD happened was that marvel would go back and re-edit old issues to erase the marriage retroactively you know Lucas style. I think that Quesada and others might have done that if the backlash wasn’t as fierce it was.

To me the debate about OMD keeps the marriage alive as a living issue and nobody is allowed to get over or forget it. So on that level it’s useful as a protest tactic. For me that’s at stake. More than disgust at OMD itself. Part of the anger over OMD was the implication in the bnd era that the marriage era didn’t have good stories not to mention the outright lies told by creators about the marriage era. Now thanks to the OMD backlash we have a re-evaluation of that era.
    Bro, I don't think anyone will just outright forget about Peter's marriage to Mary Jane. If that's what keeps the debates alive, then that's not exactly a good goal. The fans remember the marriage. Marvel certainly remembers the marriage. If you're arguing because "nobody is allowed to get over or forget it", then that makes you the one who looks bad. You see that? You're preaching to the choir that already knows this stuff.

And besides, if someone says "the marriage era doesn't have good stories", then they can believe that (if they've read them) just the same as you can say BND didn't have good stories. But to say "no one is allowed to get over or forget it"...that sounds terrifying, man.

Want to stay on topic? Fine.
    Peter and MJ's relationship is going just fine right now. Based on Amazing #29/830, I think they're in a much better place than before. When she can leave Peter for an extended time and it not result in something terrible (despite the miniseries), is a miracle for them at this point. I think they're in a really good spot and can't wait to see how Spencer, Taylor (hopefully), and even the Abramses develop them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Peter and MJ's relationship is going just fine right now. Based on Amazing #29/830, I think they're in a much better place than before. When she can leave Peter for an extended time and it not result in something terrible (despite the miniseries), is a miracle for them at this point. I think they're in a really good spot and can't wait to see how Spencer, Taylor (hopefully), and even the Abramses develop them.
    Yeah. To be honest, I want to see more issues like Taylor where it's just them hanging out.

my honest answer is...i don't know. i never have an end-game of how i want things to turn out in any story, because who gives two shits what i want? if i want anything, it's to trust the writer to take it somewhere interesting. then i'll see how i feel about it.
    troo fan or death

I want them to kith

I ship Peter and Zendaya-MJ only
    Ultimate Nick Fury MJ in the 616 you cowards
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

BANNED

Since people are insisting to derail this thread by saying posters shouldn't discuss OMD and talking about etiquette and so on...I have decided to do what some of you should have done. I have started a poll on whether we should discuss OMD or ban it completely.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ussions-on-CBR

Make your views heard there. And discuss it in proper place.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Since people are insisting to derail this thread by saying posters shouldn't discuss OMD and talking about etiquette and so on...I have decided to do what some of you should have done. I have started a poll on whether we should discuss OMD or ban it completely.

Make your views heard there. And discuss it in proper place.
    I merged about 45 posts from this thread with that one.

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    my honest answer is...i don't know. i never have an end-game of how i want things to turn out in any story, because who gives two shits what i want? if i want anything, it's to trust the writer to take it somewhere interesting. then i'll see how i feel about it.
    "Go next" doesn't necessarily mean endgame.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Can there even be any kind of endgame in a medium where the story never ends?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Can there even be any kind of endgame in a medium where the story never ends?
    My point exactly. Spidey's saga will likely never reach such a state and all but certainly not in our lifetimes.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    *sigh* no dude. it doesn’t. now you’re just being silly
    troo fan or death

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    I ship Peter and Zendaya-MJ only
    Ultimate Nick Fury MJ in the 616 you cowards
    That reminds me of how they had Zendaya Michelle as Glory in that Spidey: School's Out comic.

By now, Peter and MJ shoulda given us 3 kids.

I want Peter and MJ back together, and OMD retconned.

I wanna start buying SpiderMan again!

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    By now, Peter and MJ shoulda given us 3 kids.

I want Peter and MJ back together, and OMD retconned.

I wanna start buying SpiderMan again!
    What about the Abrams' mini? I've heard rumors that suggest it'd be right up the alley of such fans.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)